• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

Also, how big is FFXIII-2 going to be... I sure as hell hope it's not going to be 63gb again. It says 30GB but that could change or it's really a considerably shorter game? (With the little amount of time I have available I certainly want this to be short!)

PS3 version of 13-2 was only 14gigs, due to them not using a shit ton of pre-rendered cutscenes anymore. Since they are including Japanese language in this one as well, it's obviously going to be bigger than that at least. We can hope that what FMV's they have, they are now higher quality than the PC version of 13 had.

Ozium

Today is a glorious day...

not only do we get a GOAT MMO but we are being flooded with bundles.... a good bundle star bundle, a based be mine 16 preorder get hype bundle, as well as the humble weekly and a groupees KISS bundle (lel) on the way...

what a time to be alive

Okies, dudes, here we go. Hope this is right and show me your love! :p

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AlphaProspector, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! -- MB-29B2E0D611696BE0 - Taken by pupo. 24 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #2 -- MB-B8ADE358295FDDB1 - Taken by fernandes. 17 entrants total.
Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls! #3 -- MB-DB75E8B62DDDD5C0 - Taken by fspm. 15 entrants total.

t1416514553z1.png

Thanks. Entered for this :D

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bund...m_medium=social&utm_campaign=bundle+ballistic

Wickland
Waves
Enemy Mind
QbQbQb
Guns and Robots: Terminator Pack*
Chuck's Challenge 3D - (Includes Steam Trading Cards)
Chuck's Challenge 3D: Soundtrack + DLC
Panzer Tactics HD
Spoiler Alert: Collector's Edition
Tiestru

Chuck's Challenge 3D is great.

preordered

Chuck's Challenge is made by the guy who made Chip's Challenge back in the days? It was the first game I have ever written a review of, I gave it a solid 95/100.

derExperte

22 new goat achievements. See you next week.

Or in 33 minutes when the weekend deals hit.

Chuck's Challenge is made by the guy who made Chip's Challenge back in the days? It was the first game I have ever written a review of, I gave it a solid 95/100.

Exactly and it's very good. Also I just saw that they added more levels since the last time I played.

Ozium

But no me. :O

Yeah, Panzer Tactics HD got some solid reviews and I'm interested in QbQbQb and Enemy Mind.

Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of Waves a while back, and it looks pretty fun.

Chuck's Challenge 3D is great. What else is good in this bundle? Worth it even if I already have Chuck?

Waves is a good twin stick shooter w/ a lot of different modes... like geometry wars but different
QbQbQb looks good and weird, I'd say grab if there's a couple things that pique your interest

Maniac

Banned
That's from League of Legends, so it should be no surprise that it is fairly low poly. You never see character models up close in that game though, so you wouldn't really notice in game.

Surprisingly, M.D is not -MD-. I know, it threw me off too.
... Oh. It's... Not -MD-, but... M.D... Right. Gotcha. >_<

And eh, I'd forgotten just how ugly LoL is I guess... Quit quite a while ago. :p
that's way over 1000 polys -__-

more curious than perverted, but sure

tho definitely some perverted
You're perversely curious and curiously perverted. :D

The girl with the ball is still ugly though. :3
I think Far Cry 4 is THE game to sell just how awesome HBAO+ is, not just on a technical level but an aesthetic one too.

For the, what? 7fps, 13% hit it costs I'll take that over blandness anyday.

Also I'm really surprised how well it holds up at the lowest settings too.

Oh yeah sorry but say goodbye to your bandwith.
You could always... You know, put it up on a comparison site to spare peoples' bandwidth and make comparing it a lot easier :p

Or don't, you know. Either way, I concur, and I personally think that HBAO is one of the best pieces of lighting tech we've gotten in ages, it gives incredible detail for a very small performance loss, and those soft, realistic 'micro' shadows are great. More depth and realism is always good. :3

Can anyone tell me why I don't have Beyond Good and Evil in my Steam library?

I've been through a ton of sales, at this point. How do I not own this? What's wrong with me?

Ozium

The Award-Winning DRAGON THE GAME was updated a day or so ago, making steady progress on what will be the greatest release of 2015.

Maniac

Banned
wait until you see her moving and dancing

also lol's gorgeous these days
I have, actually.

She was stupidly OP last time I played, which has been a while granted, but yes, she did dance around in a purdy kind of way I suppose.

Oh, it... Looks a lot more like dota now! Although eh, if that's your definition of gorgeous, all the more power to you. :p

I still think the game overall looks quite arse, and the lack of good graphics for high-end users is just bloody annoying, especially since I've been one for years! -_-

Although that didn't stop me enjoying LoL for years until I quit when I became a Dota 2 tester during the closed beta :p

GabeN is love

GabeN is life

GabeN is... Wait, no, that's Shrek isn't it? My bad...

Turfster

Daily Craft The World 50% off
Weekend
  • Chivalry Medieval Warfare 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Battleblock Theatre 66% off
Humble Daily Costume Quest 2 50% off

It's a mediocre port that has technical issues for a lot of people.

That's likely why.

I've just now replaced the HDD on my crusty old laptop for the express purpose of in-home streaming, and thought that might be a good classic
that I've never played
to give it a whirl . I'll stick to trying Isaac. If there's any delay, I'll know.

And if there's not a delay and I die, I'll blame the delay.

Tizoc

That's likely why.

I've just now replaced the HDD on my crusty old laptop for the express purpose of in-home streaming, and thought that might be a good classic
that I've never played
to give it a whirl . I'll stick to trying Isaac. If there's any delay, I'll know.

And if there's not a delay and I die, I'll blame the delay.

I recall someone saying that either the GOG or Steam ver. is the better one to get.

If anyone's interested, here are my thoughts on This War of Mine
A popular franchise once stated "War. War never changes". Maybe so, but for the people caught in the midst of the conflict, everything changes. This War of Mine explores the horrors of war from a perspective not explored in the medium till now and delivers one of the most tense, gripping, and bleak experience I've played this year.

Games like Call of Duty and the like tend to use war for the spectacle, creating big action set pieces from the chaos. You'll never see the war ravaging the country where This War of Mine is set, but its effects are ever present. A gutted war-torn city, all pencil-sketched shadows and ruined structures, reeking of desperation and hopelessness, as explosions thunder and flash ceaselessly outside.

This War of Mine is not fun. It's grueling. Unrelenting. Oppressive. You start each playthrough with three survivors. Sometimes one or more might already be sick or wounded. Sometimes it might be winter at the start, meaning fuel and heat will be utmost priorities. The game is divided into two phases: Day, where you're confined to your base because of snipers outside, and Night, where you can venture out and scavenge for supplies, The daytime hours are when you can maintain your survivors and home, crafting new tools and workshops, building defenses against looters, or simply keeping your group alive by making sure they rest, recover, eat. You're always on the back foot, always just barely eking out a miserable day-by-day existence; even when your group finally is healthy and has a good amount of food stored, there's always the sense that it can't last long.

Once night falls, you're free to travel to other locations with one survivor, while instructing the others to rest or guard against raiders. These places range from homes and apartment buildings to schools and hospitals, and each scavenging run is a slow intense affair. Similar to 2012's Mark of the Ninja, environments are cloaked in shadows, only areas in your line of sight being visible. New unexplored areas are foreboding, never knowing who resides within or if they're friendly or not.

Even when you're equipped with a knife or gun, combat and violence in general feels like a last resort. Not simply because guns and ammo are a rarity or because you're untrained, but because you don't want to kill people or steal from them. A lot of games have moral choices or meters telling you if you're good or bad, but honestly, they've always felt artificial to me. In This War of Mine, there are only murky grey choices. Your actions matter, not just at that moment when you're desperate enough to kill and steal from people who are just trying to survive, people trying to keep their group alive just like you are, but also in the long term, as doing morally questionable things weighs on your characters. Building a radio or finding books and cigarettes can only distract and keep them occupied for so long. Survivors grow depressed, listless, broken, perhaps even suicidal.

If anything, that's War of Mine's greatest achievement: the way it makes you feel bad for crossing that moral line or makes intruding onto another group's home feel weird and wrong. You don't want to turn away children asking for help, or steal medicine from that elderly couple, or kill those people for their food. But your group is sick, and starving, and you desperately need fuel to stave off the winter cold, so you must.

The days go by. Winter comes and goes. As the war worsens, places that were once safe havens might be overtaken by bandits. Barter, scavenge, do what you must to endure. This War of Mine is the kind of game you might only be able to play in short sessions, due to the overwhelming bleakness and depressing nature. It can be slow and tedious and monotonous, but that only works in the game's favor, establishing a grim "We just need to last another day" tone. This War of Mine is not a fun game, but it is one hell of an engrossing, compelling, and atmospheric experience.

AsylumX

Daily Craft The World 50% off
Weekend
  • Chivalry Medieval Warfare 75% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Battleblock Theatre 66% off
Humble Daily Costume Quest 2 50% off

Thank god for that price mistake on the last sale. I got to pick Battleblock and Castle Crashers for 2,49...

Phawx

My Let's Play of JUJU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxa1cWeWqSY

Quick Impressions:

This is one hell of a beautiful platformer. Super vibrant and colorful. It's also a really good platformer game in general. There is a neat idea that I wish more platformers supported, which is to make it easier for a co-op partner to play. I'm going to test this feature out when it's no longer a preview, but I want to see how my four year old (who loves Mario games, but dies frequently from chasms and other baddies) responds to this. Alternatively, coop doesn't need to be easy-mode, it can be changed at will and made difficult for both parties.

Bottom Line: Excellent family friendly platformer that isn't low-rent.

My Let's Play of Rock Zombie (Releasing later today on Steam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm9i6uMOqnQ

Quick Impressions:

It's an arcade brawler, that's single-player only. Thematically, it's about what you'd expect including B-movies that are so bad it's good. Enemy types vary slightly and they peddle out new enemies as levels go on, but none actually pose much of a problem even on harder difficulties. Level design is varied and feels arcade-y. There is also a driving sequence which was a nice touch to break up the game. The only thing I wish was that there were more boss fights.

Controls are a little wonky because you configure your controller upon booting up the game. So even if you have a 360 controller (which it shows more as an example than defacto) you have to step through each button one by one. Which is great if you have other controllers, the problem is that the game detects analog input. So when you press anywhere in the diagonal range, your run speed turns to a walk speed, which means the first boss who has an OP special ability is hard to run away from.

Bottom Line: A generic (single-player?!) brawler with a generock soundtrack. It's funny without trying to be, which made it enjoyable for me.

My Let's Play of The Blue Flamingo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAUS4QXNB1A

Quick Impressions:

Pretty standard as far as Shmups go. I think the biggest highlight the game has is all of the assets are actual models photographed and made stop-motion. It's a neat aesthetic that wears off fairly quickly. It's high-score focused with a twist. The money you earn is directly tied to your score, so spending your money on gear will reduce your score. Having said that, I really didn't feel anything tangible from upgrading my weapons, so I don't really see a point in spending any of your money. This most likely needs to be tweaked and/or patched.

The one huge downfall I see is that there isn't any end-of-level boss and instead you have an accuracy shooting gallery.

Bottom Line: I think the asking price on Steam is in line with what you should expect.

Having said that, I am absolutely FLUSH with Steam keys, so I'll be doing a huge giveaway in a moment. And The Blue Flamingo does support trading cards right now.

Whoo.
Just beat Risk of Rain.
Kinda weird there isn't an achievement for it. =/

Also I'm not sure what to think of Bloodrayne Betrayal, but it dropped a foil that I just made $5 off of. Paid for the bundle and then some.

Whoo.
Just beat Risk of Rain.
Kinda weird there isn't an achievement for it. =/

Also I'm not sure what to think of Bloodrayne Betrayal, but it dropped a foil that I just made $5 off of. Paid for the bundle and then some.

Betrayal is fucking awesome.
That's what you think of it.
I'm sure for you.

Lain

New IndieGala Store!
20 NOVEMBER - [INDIEG] HARSGALDV
Introducing the brand new indiegala store! You all are invited!

Check Discounts[www.indiegala.com] on the new IndieGala Store,
Unrest $14.99 -> $3.69[www.indiegala.com]
Mount & Blade $9.99 -> $2.45[www.indiegala.com]
Imperial Glory $4.99 -> $0.95[www.indiegala.com]
Cloudbuilt $19.99 -> $3.95[www.indiegala.com]
PixelJunk Eden $9.99 -> $1.39[www.indiegala.com]
Kromaia $19.99 -> $9.95[www.indiegala.com]

And more fantastic Discounts[www.indiegala.com] are waiting for you.

Just posting this because I think someone (Turfster?) said Unrest was good. Or maybe I'm remembering wrong.
Also new indiegala store looks like humble?

Phawx

Make it rain?

FOe83PG.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for Phawx:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 39 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No Thanks necessary
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Blue Flamingo #37 -- MB-31D6BBF13756EB6C - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #31 -- MB-0EC22588FC4C310E - Taken by KainXVIII. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #30 -- MB-ED9E69E008FA062C - Taken by DillonMabry. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #33 -- MB-A65A10F9E6E0330F - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #32 -- MB-790C4C4387EA7269 - Taken by Kryptonite. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #35 -- MB-02B4A0772466151D - Taken by yuraya. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #34 -- MB-396E534F6752B624 - Taken by lindarasta. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #19 -- MB-77A67274EDDC4BDD - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #18 -- MB-53C93DC58E1629DF - Taken by iosefe. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #17 -- MB-FEB3D6F50A90142C - Taken by GaussTek. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #16 -- MB-4E7AFF90DB6D4FFE - Taken by chronomac. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #15 -- MB-8308EF397AEB4B5D - Taken by AsylumX. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #14 -- MB-FE164957ABD2D9B5 - Taken by Turfster. 12 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #13 -- MB-EF1DBA875FEB47A8 - Taken by MulderWasTaken. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #12 -- MB-4DCE6D4797572974 - Taken by bobnowhere. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #11 -- MB-E24A3A02B6A3CCD5 - Taken by wetflame. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #10 -- MB-80B2DD7D4762FDEA - Taken by vermadas. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #9 -- MB-2EB91CB6B4733527 - Taken by swx. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #8 -- MB-C9A3B65F297EB3F2 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #36 -- MB-A2B4AC2CA15FE007 - Taken by Maniac. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #3 -- MB-F97783E242FD1781 - Taken by electroflame. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #2 -- MB-0FFF5E694D367469 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #7 -- MB-ED81A51C78015591 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #6 -- MB-0460358FB46CA680 - Taken by almostheathen. 7 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #5 -- MB-8C3AA161A978C955 - Taken by Vlad. 2 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #4 -- MB-EF39EF629DA463FB - Taken by Anteater. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo -- MB-D69D29A0BAC4E635 - Taken by Madn. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #22 -- MB-5C29EFF2282B71A7 - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #23 -- MB-035B66322D2AE87C - Taken by fernandes. 5 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #20 -- MB-A63FAF451737EC97 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #21 -- MB-F947B8C815015811 - Taken by redlacs. 9 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #26 -- MB-27408FCF1B7FAA12 - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #27 -- MB-063F4ECE9114A36F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 6 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #24 -- MB-05776966193CE221 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #25 -- MB-FACF2B00D7A3BE6A - Taken by RealMeat. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #28 -- MB-4BC1BCBA2C34C5DE - Taken by corrosivefrost. 4 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #29 -- MB-169BDF83CBA4E600 - Taken by topyy. 3 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #39 -- MB-ADCBE3CF8B7643F7 - Taken by Dimitri2401. 1 entrants total.
The Blue Flamingo #38 -- MB-BA2A7DF35F422409 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.

t1416518453z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom