• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greenlight really isn't the huge revelation we all hoped for in retrospect. Sure we've had a few good games, but there's been such much crap too. It also seems so easy to 'abuse' the system to get votes with promises of free keys and vote swapping, etc.

Woah... Arkham City is freaking amazing so far.

So surprised most here preferred Asylum!

Catwoman is freaking awesome.
And oh so sexy...

I'm replaying Arkham City.
Thinking it's the best of the three games. The first game has the tighter atmosphere and plot, but the boss-fights are just awful.

Parsnip

SteamyGAF, am I reading this right, Sherlock Holmes Crimes and Punishment seems to be region locked in Brazil, so nuuvem is a no go?

AHA!

I knew I recognised Slaughtering Grounds! It was one of the games I looked at during the short lived, quickly forgotten 'Steam Greenlight Review' thing I attempted for a few days before I got bored of all the crap!

Bugger, wish I had voted yes now, I would have got a free key. ffs.

--

Screw it, I'm releasing a game on Steam in 2015.

Danj

What is the voucher for GMG? I thought it was this:

I'm trying to buy Valkyria Chronicles from them.

I bought it on Steam as soon as it got listed. Now I'm wishing I waited as everywhere else has better deals :/ oh well, still an awesome game even if I did overpay.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What is Painkiller: Redemption and why was I randomly charged $.54 for it at 4AM this morning? I havent touched Steam in about 2 months... kind of weird that they're buying shit for me now.
I'd suggest you start considering cutting down on all that drinking, buddy :p

I'm replaying Arkham City.
Thinking it's the best of the three games. The first game has the tighter atmosphere and plot, but the boss-fights are just awful.
Asylum has the Scarecrow segments, therefore it's an objectively better game than the others.

ss_b0f6f7a38eda58a23e17cede6abdebfdd705e4bb.1920x1080.jpg

I think this is the first time that I have actually seen a screenshot of this page.

Happy birthday DunderHassan!

Woah... Arkham City is freaking amazing so far.

So surprised most here preferred Asylum!

Yeah, seeing a lot of people bashing City I didn't expect it to be so much good and packed with content.
Indeed I gather many prefer Asylum as it is more linear over the open-world of City.

As far as I'm concerned I think I like more City than Asylum overall, the combat system is more polished and travelling around the map is faster and less tedious, what with all those side-missions scattered about.

On the other hand the single-player campaign is shorter - not counting all the side-missions and post-game content - and Cat Woman's sections are maybe a little weaker.

Which one is better?
Either way, both games are very good and everyone should play them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So, what should i get - Murdered or Transistor (i know about reviews, but still wary about overhyped indies titles)?
You decide:

Transistor:
+Better story
+Better gameplay
+Better replayability
+Better art
+Better soundtrack
+Dedicated humming button

Murdered:
+More collectables
+Easy achievements

So, what should i get - Murdered or Transistor (i know about reviews, but still wary about overhyped indies titles)?

I'm playing Transistor right now. The combat either clicks with your or it doesn't. It clicked with me in a big way, and I felt that it was pretty intuitive. I like the punishment for hitting 0 health and I like placing my Limiters to make the game as hard as I want. It forces different tactics.

My one knock is the narrator. Bastion was so good at it. This seems a little too flat at times.

It's also flat fucking beautiful. So, if that matters to you, it's got it.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Peeps from SteamGAF, say hi to Ebi and cross your fingers praying she'll get along fine with good ol' BRODO!

:3
On paper they are basically the same cat: they both are scared of everything, they both purr loudly and they both meow with utter violence while traveling in car.
But hey, I got it from a shelter, I can't possibly now how they'll behave together, I can just hope. ^^

Good luck and congratulations!

Yeah, that's how it currently works. I expect Valve to allow concurrent library access eventually, though.
:( I hoped I was wrong. Well, maybe with time.
Don't you play much these days or do you make schedules with Enco?
Or wouldn't it be possible to circumvent the rule by downloading/installing the game then go in Steam Offline mode. This way multiple persons could play games from a single library at the same time?! Of course all multiplayer portions would become useless.
Thanks Jase for answering always. Sorry if it gets on your nerves.
Nah, just study a random subject at College use the student loan and leech from parents - it's the only way.
Haha. But seriously, I need a job. I am already thinking of going in the Steam Game Trader Business.
Sigh, what have I become? -_-
Do anyone here have your desktop hooked up at bed?
I haven't played as much as I would like, even after buying an expensive and comfortable chair.
I'm now thinking if it would help that I somehow mount an arm holding my 3 monitors so that I can game in bed/sofa.
Oh my god! I was just thinking about the exact same thing today! o_o
Having caught a cold, lying in bed, sipping tea and browsing is much better than at the desk. I was imagining how it would be, if I installed a TV mount on the wall and on that a retractable/flexible arm with a monitor mounted on it. This way I could lie in bed, change positions on the fly without having to arrange the laptop. I could even look towards the ceiling and browse.
My Farming Simulator 15 video is up on YT. My voice can be a little bit shitty, been a having the cold a bit for the pace 4 days. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSI1kxmJxHM&
Looks actually soothing. Nice video and get well soon.

Lomax

The best answer is probably neither, since we're less than a month away from the first of the major sales and it doesn't seem like you're overly drawn to either, and there's a decent chance both will be cheaper then (or at least something you want more will be).

tmarg

Shit... now im scared. Removed my card from PayPal and changed my password. Hope that's enough. This is scary.

I'd contact Steam and let them know just in case. Also, if you don't have Steam Guard activated, do so now. If you do have Steam Guard activated, change your email password, since someone would have needed that as well as your steam password.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Rise and shine people. First come, first served.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Evolve Big Alpha 01 -- MB-A2EDE0F3483D20EE
Evolve Big Alpha 02 -- MB-8127A5B42305D808
Evolve Big Alpha 03 -- MB-2269971D5C33BAB1
Evolve Big Alpha 04 -- MB-B00BBA753E691025
Evolve Big Alpha 05 -- MB-5B66DA99AEC22870
Evolve Big Alpha 06 -- MB-F6A206D6483AEE3D
Evolve Big Alpha 07 -- MB-F12516BA7ACD9895
Evolve Big Alpha 08 -- MB-6A170450B2E2C0C4
Evolve Big Alpha 09 -- MB-B2B38F1FEA33B1D6 - Taken by valouris
Evolve Big Alpha 10 -- MB-DE2E7FD1BE372505
Evolve Big Alpha 11 -- MB-F55C9E5CBC2D28FD

Status