• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I can't unlock Dungeon of Elements third card, the game is running from 3 hours now.

Probably one of the games with insane time for card drops. Why do devs think that setting card drop time is a good idea?
Which reminds me, it has been bundled before. Checked where it was bundled and found that IndieRoyale Nutcracker had it and I have it :D

Deques

This is what happens when I go replying to posts while catching up, things have already been mentioned!
Good. It stings a little that it's now almost 3£ cheaper than 2 days ago but I guess it's to be expected.

What's worse is that it probably will be cheaper next week

Dr Dogg

Not seeing anything untoward (unless you're Steven Colbert) here.

Well it's only when you do a little light digging that you find out the pic Arthea posted is from a game on iOS and Google Play called Bear Naked Rampage by Anarchy Enterprises, who also happen to have a game on both services called Creeper Run which bear a similarity to the Temple Run series (which I doubt they have licenced) using themes and notably the Creepers from Minecraft in a less than subtle act of plagiarism.

Deques

Echo of the Wilds got seven cards.
Also, fun fact: Arkham Knight here is 50€ from Amazon, while is 60 from GMG.

Your calculations are a bit off. It could be that I don't know how you calculated or where you got the prices from
It's £35 in GMG ~ €44 ~$55
And in Amazon US it is $60 ~ €48

Arthea

Your calculations are a bit off. It could be that I don't know how you calculated or where you got the prices from

what it has to do with calculations?
It is 60€ on gmg
iBMTm54UOuVfi.jpg

Tizoc

Oh damn forgot I had a 20% discount code from Gamersgate that expires today.
I'll post it here later if I can't find anything I want to buy with it, hope someone will be able to use it =X

Dr Dogg

As I posted sometime ago, here Arkham Knight is exactly 60€ from GMG (59.98 or 59.99, can't remember).
On Amazon.it, the game is 49.90
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00IR9Q1J0/
If you want I can make a screen (again).

Also Steam erased all files for Valkyria Chronicles, 14 GB gone :|

£26 and Steamworks (99.99% it will be on past WB titles)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IS6S81G/

Turfster

This is a problem, as I have games spread across two accounts (Long story, Ubisoft's fault).
This is extremely recogniseable.
I have 3 Ubisoft accounts, one of which is "empty" according to Uplay, but contains my PS3 games.

Solar Struggle Steam keys now available through Desura for Indieroyale Atomic

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
GMG has had higher prices on games than other parts of europe before mind you.

Dr Dogg

I had no idea, I'm that unhappy, thanks for showing me error of my ways! (><)

edited: also you don't strike me as this happy too, kindly do something about it!

Hey it's the Swiss, the Norwegians and the Albanians you want to be having a word with. They are just too happy it seems. That's Glass and Fanto out of this thread for the rest of the day then in fear of the grumpy sods destroying their happiness :p

Deques

Hey it's the Swiss, the Norwegians and the Albanians you want to be having a word with. They are just too happy it seems. That's Glass and Fanto out of this thread for the rest of the day then in fear of the grumpy sods destroying their happiness :p

Fantomena can answer this. Also the Norwegian Steam Store had a few price glitches, ie Alien Isolations. So they can't be anything but happy :)

And they have oil!

What Iceland is unhappy for?! must be the weather

Bad economy and volcanos

derExperte

I love the Blue Flamingo aesthetic.

I still suck kinda badly at vertical shooters, tho =p

You're still the 34th best Blue Flamingo player ever. Which probably says more about how many there are (as does me being #6 while making terrible mistakes) but still.

Poor Uruguay, endless sadness surrounded by a sea of joy. Though I have to question these statistics, I mean Mexico>USA? Anyone read the news lately?

How can Italy be happier than Spain when Italian peeps always complain about how Spain is so much better and they got it all right even the weather is better and most Italian junkies have been living in Barcelona for the last twenty years so it's kinda hard to buy drugs here.

Wait a second, how would you know? Might that explain why you thought Goat Sim was a legit MMO? :O

Turfster

You're still the 34th best Blue Flamingo player ever. Which probably says more about how many there are (as does me being #6 while making terrible mistakes) but still.
Well, it hasn't been out that long, so yeah... I foresee myself going down quite quickly =p

The main "problem" with the game is that there's only 2 maps, and no bosses. I mean, I hate bosses, but that's what people that really love these kinds of games want.

So yeah, it's a beautiful, perfect little timewaster for me, but not for the pros, if that makes sense? =p

I got DA:I through Gamefly for my PS3. I figured that it wouldn't come close to the screenshots I've seen here, but the PS3 still had some fabulously rendered games for its capability.

This game doesn't even look PS2. I can deal with some bad graphics. I can deal with occasional clipping. I can even deal with the wildly flapping lips with no stop cue to try to resemble the pause or measure of the dialogue. But when you add that on top of massively inconsistent frames (during gameplay AND cut-scenes) you have a recipe for an immediate eject. Putting it out on that platform in that state is just embarrassing... skip it entirely if you're not even going to try. Guess I'll have to scoop it up for the PC, like I should have all along.

Back to In-Home streaming, which I couldn't get to work properly. Could anyone provide some insight?

My issue is that I frequently drop from it. Mid-game, it freezes with a looping sound crash, and I'm out. When I reconnect, it doesn't let me pick back up where I left off. My main rig is directly connected to the router. My receiving device is connected wirelessly with minimal obstructions, besides a wall. Should I lower the resolution? Is there a firewall setting that could be messing it up? Any ideas would help.

derExperte

Well, it hasn't been out that long, so yeah... I foresee myself going down quite quickly =p

The main "problem" with the game is that there's only 2 maps, and no bosses. I mean, I hate bosses, but that's what people that really love these kinds of games want.

So yeah, it's a beautiful, perfect little timewaster for me, but not for the pros, if that makes sense? =p

The secret to a high score is btw to not buy any weapons, they cost too much money, aren't useful enough as far as I can tell and the enemy-density only becomes a problem around level 5. Maybe then invest in them but so far I was all about high score>weapons. Also dat 10% interest. If only I could convince my bank to offer the same....

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, in fact I think this is the reason why they offering those voucher. By using that, basically you pay the game the same price other stores apply.

except that the price differences are rare so no, you end up paying much less on GMG usually

Arthea

Fantomena can answer this. Also the Norwegian Steam Store had a few price glitches, ie Alien Isolations. So they can't be anything but happy :)

And they have oil!

Bad economy and volcanos

bbbut volcanos are cool,
well, not literally
! almost free heating too, not to mention hot water. If someone is happy it's Icelander!
that map is total joke, actually, you know that guys, don't you? (><)

I was just thinking about the steam controller, and how we all thought it was kinda goofy looking with those 2 trackpads.

But having thought about it some more, the 2 trackpad approach seems like a really good way of controlling a VR game. It's a lot easier to hand the 2 trackpads and a helmet to a casual gamer and have them be able to get into the experience than if it was a joystick to the left with a bunch of buttons to your right which you don't know by memory or feel clumsy trying to figure out when you're not capable of looking at it with your eyes.

just a thought.

Deques

bbbut volcanos are cool,
well, not literally
! almost free heating too, not to mention hot water. If someone is happy it's Icelander!
that map is total joke, actually, you know that guys, don't you? (><)

Remember when Eyjafjallajökull erupted?
This incident caused another disaster, the ash could cause damage on aircrafts. Quite large number of flights were cancelled, which in turn caused economic disaster for countries around in Europe.

Volcanos are totally not cool

GOG offer a bundle of five movies
http://www.gog.com/promo/big_fall_movie_bundle_211114

Deques

derExperte

9&#8364;?
Lol. Those movies are good only when they are free. I enjoyed Indie Game The Movie, same for F2P from Valve, but both were free (IG was in a HB).

&#8364;6.75 here and why should they be free? I mean they almost are, that's less than 1.50 per movie. Might pick them up.

Too bad GOG isn't offering Get Lamp, that one is too damn expensive and can only be bought on DVD.

If I am correct this is what got jawmuncher banned

I don't think linking to the game is a problem, directly linking to lewd pictures of the game is.

Lomax

My theory is that the devs can set time for a card drop for each card. The first card is always ~15 minutes.

Your theory is correct, that has been known for some time. The default time is 20 minutes. No dev has ever mentioned the available range (that I know of) but it's clear some are set to as high as an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom