• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
So 5 (4 if A Fish changes skins) points to Metro, 3 (4 if A Fish changes skins) points to PixelVision, 1 point to default.

If Fish changes skins then it's a draw.

I'm disappointed guys. This isn't how it's supposed to go down :p
You're asking SteamGAF man. We're indicisive. But seriously just go try out Metro and Pixelvision and see which one you like better.

Chariot

Pressure

j5Jkvj0PpBjuG.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I've been using the default since I reinstalled, but I was using Metro for the longest time.

good to know i'm not the only one.

i got bored of the other skins. i just wish we could change the color..i hate blue

I...think that you can? I think there's a tool for Metro that lets you switch up colors and the background image. Ohh, it's just for accent colors.

http://metroforsteam.com/

Tizoc

Wait Freedom Fall is $1 over at Groupees, can't believe i missed that. Will remember to get it once I get home @3@
edit: or ya know what? Time I experienced Pirates!

Shadownet

Banned
Wait Freedom Fall is $1 over at Groupees, can't believe i missed that. Will remember to get it once I get home @3@
Tizoc is your avatar something Castlevania related? Its giving me that vibe.

Also I don't have InfiniteGirl on my friends list. *sad*

Guess what's coming out on the 25th? :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Just don't confuse Freedom Fall with Freedom Planet, as I did, haha.

Coreda

I'm referring to whatever the latest one that was stark white and light blue.

Not a fan of the new theme, the 'Classic' version is nicer, certainly until they make a dark version.

Can't you just put in a buy order for whatever price you want it at? Or do you mean so that other people will know to buy you the item?

The latter. I mean there are users with hundreds of games that never get played, it would be better to put it towards something tradeable, usable, and nice looking.

Shadownet

Banned
I must admit: maybe because aging turn me dumb, but I'm liking FFXIII.
When I bought it ages ago on PS3, I tought it was pure shit, but now I'm enjoying it?!
What happened?
Its the same thing when you give someone the crappiest food you can find and they've been starving for a while. Even bad food will taste great to them.

You need to surround yourself with better games and not "starve yourself"
I still haven't play enough of FFXIII to tell if I like it or not. I hated it on PS3 before.

Tizoc

Just don't confuse Freedom Fall with Freedom Planet, as I did, haha.

lol, I already got FP and even made giveaways of it in past months ;P

Tizoc is your avatar something Castlevania related? Its giving me that vibe.

Also I don't have InfiniteGirl on my friends list. *sad*

Guess what's coming out on the 25th? :D

It's a character from Brandish on PSP. It's a Falcom game that's getting its English release on PSN soon and I am hype for it, for various reasons, cheif among them is that this being Falcom it means its soundtrack is godly
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3vlHMGps8E

If you have the Ys games (on Steam), do consider playing them starting with Oath in Felghana, this game was a revelation to me when I finally started it this year and made me a huge fan of Falcom right off the bat.

Shadownet

Banned
If you have the Ys games (on Steam), do consider playing them starting with Oath in Felghana, this game was a revelation to me when I finally started it this year and made me a huge fan of Falcom right off the bat.
Brandish look interesting I'll be sure go kedo an eye on it :)

Also I had the Ys games during Summer Sale but I gave them away Lol. Its on my shortlist to get if it ever goes on sale again. Probably Winter Sale.

Arthea

i seem to have bumped into a bunch of teasers

hmm what should i do with them

why would I tease when someone asks opinion? I gave my opinion, if even it was a last game in Universe, it's still wouldn't be worth anyone's time. That's simple truth ;)

On the one hand, I'm really interested because PQ.

On the other, I'm leery because it's F2P.

Please let me know what sort of microtransaction system they've gone with, because that'll determine whether or not I bother checking it out.

I played almost 3 hours yesterday... nonstop, yes (><)
It's no PQ: Challenge of Warlords, but then again which game is? It plays nicely, it is PQ. Maicrotransactions are there, of course, but so far I was able to advance even if slowly and until I'm able, I'll play it. If I'll hit paywall, good bye happens, it's that simple.
I was impressed how fast matchmaking is, doesn't take even a second! practically instant. So far I tried only invade mode, defence isn't my thing, but will try it today, most likely.

the good:
it's PQ
matchmaking is instant
many units, cities, spells
singleplay
it's PQ

the bad:
no crafting that I can see
no city building
loading times are noticeable for some reason
microtransaction system

neutral:
leveling is semiauto, you choose in which magic type to advance partly (from 2 offered), but attributes like str, hp, etc. now on fully on auto and you have no say in it.

Miguel81

When I bought it ages ago on PS3, I tought it was pure shit, but now I'm enjoying it?!
What happened?

There seems to be less vitriol against it on the PC side compared to back in the day. Also, what are your favorites in the series?

Arthea

What happened?

I think all negative and hate overload is FF fanbase's way of life, as it's very vocal funbase it even begins to seem that their opinion is consensus, which is not, obviously, not that FF13 is a good FF game, so they are right about that, but by no means it's a bad or awful game, flawed would be more like it, it's still fun at times and oh so pretty.

South Park for £8.74 in UK Amazon

I just bought it and the key includes the pre-order bonus stuff

wait... you already bought it before, dirty cheap even. Why are you buying it again?

edited: the best skin is no skin!
unless we are talking humans, they are totally better looking with skin on.
sorry I had to (><)

JaseC

Since you guys were talking about skins, do any of you know how to fix this?

I'm using Pixelvision, and the Big Picture button beign over the Steam tab is very incovenient.

When is the last time you updated the skin? Also, you haven't installed the supplied font.

Edit: Kindasorta b10.

Deques

wait... you already bought it before, dirty cheap even. Why are you buying it again?

I didn't mention it, but I got a notice from Elgiganten (where I bought it from), that they got out of stock... I got that notice yesterday, they couldn't tell me earlier so I could cancel the whole order. I bought Murdered Soul along with SP

JaseC

But I did...?
How do you know that? What's different?

It looks like your client is using Verdana (or something close to it) whereas the font that comes with PixelVision is SegoeWP. Compare the image you posted with the one I posted myself on the previous page.

Faabulous

It looks like your client is using Verdana (or something close to it) whereas the font that comes with PixelVision is SegoeWP. Compare the image you posted with the one I posted myself on the previous page.

Looks about the same to me. I might need new glasses.

Coreda

This new Chariot game looks cute, but it's local co-op only :/ I can see why they may have done this, as laughing and talking while playing would compensate for the sparse sound design and somewhat simple level designs. I like this style of co-operative play.

Games!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Culling of the Cows -- MB-6A1D62D1775ADF27 - Taken by r3n4ud
Commando Jack -- MB-72D25900D413C713 - Taken by lindarasta
Hyper Fighters -- MB-651F3F4DD9ED6092 - Taken by autoduelist
Ionball 2 : Ionstorm -- MB-45CF7E9E20493B9A - Taken by Mengy

Why would they use SegoeWP over SegoeUI? That's pretty dumb.

Arthea

I'm amazed how many steam people use that program for getting achievements (SAM?). With it being as obvious as it is, and pointless, and giving no advantages that I can see, except slight possibility of ruining own reputation somewhat, why? What's the point?

I didn't mention it, but I got a notice from Elgiganten (where I bought it from), that they got out of stock... I got that notice yesterday, they couldn't tell me earlier so I could cancel the whole order. I bought Murdered Soul along with SP

aww, bad luck
I somehow missed that Murdered was on sale too, would totally bought that. How much was it?

ViviOggi

This new Chariot game looks cute, but it's local co-op only :/ I can see why they may have done this, as laughing and talking while playing would compensate for the sparse sound design and somewhat simple level designs. I like this style of co-operative play.
Eh, VoIP exists. It's more an issue of indie devs lacking the time/experience/budget to build decent online functionality. I feel like especially on PC you're losing out on a lot of potential sales that way though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom