• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
I probably should have bought CoD: AW earlier. I'm spending the rest of today downloading it. So the Day Zero edition is pretty much pointless.

I would say it's more along the lines of "the game is over too quickly once you finally get the hang of it."

When I think of Transistor, 90% of my thoughts are negative. It's still sitting on my HDD in #ACHIEVEMENT CLEANUP, but I don't know if I'll ever be arsed to go and deal with it.

Damn, that's rough. It's got good style at least.

Corrosive is right, but in a sense, in my experience. I got the hang of it quickly and intrinsically. But the true, real "hang of it" is when you have enough skills, enough ways to slot them, enough passives to fill, and enough enemy variety to unleash the whole deal upon.

The window of that finally happening is way too slim. There's the second playthrough, too, but part of the reason why I mentioned that playing up to the 1st boss is the way to get the feel of the narrative truly is that anything past the 1st boss starts to feel like just some more work. The direction of the 1st playthrough's narrative is in place by then, and the whole picture is pretty much presented by the time you replay that section.

That's decent if you're a person inclined to replay a game. I'm not. Still, the game was good enough that even I started back over, and the combat in the second round was much, much more rewarding.

As for achievement cleanup, I'm #teamCorrosive on that one. I went for it, but it killed my desire to keep going. 10 limiters doesn't feel rewardingly difficult. It's more for the #patient which I am #notevenclose.

The game is certainly worth it. I'm in on the Kool-Aid Supergiant is putting out, and I'll be in on the next one.

DocSeuss

Huh. Played some GTAV so I could get the unlocks when it hits Steam.

That was a fun video game.

Rockstar actually made a game that was not terrible.

In unrelated news, Advanced Warfare is amazing.

Lomax

The bundle bubble hasn't burst, but it certainly has fizzled a bit. Though I still manage to find reasons to buy new ones almost every week and I've gone from 500 to 1000 games in 11 months without really trying.

Nzyme32

How to claim Civilization Beyond Earth Soundtrack

1. Open Steam, go your library and right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, then select "Properties"

2. Now select the "Betas" tab in the new window

3. Type in the password "soundtrackplease" into the access code field and click "Check Code"

4. Select the "soundtrack" beta from the pull-down

5. Open up your Beyond Earth directory (default location is [disk drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\) and feel free to copy the .mp3 files to anywhere else on your drive

And that's it! You'll find all 42 tracks from the Beyond Earth OST inside of that Soundtracks folder. All files have been properly labeled and are in .mp3 format, so now you can savor the sounds of Beyond Earth whenever and wherever you like. Enjoy!

- http://steamcommunity.com/games/65980/announcements/detail/144440225022225935

FoneBone

GMG's deal of the day is LEGO games 75% off
Complete pack not actually complete

Most (all?) of those are discounted at that level multiple times a month, on one site or another. Kinda regretting I didn't get LEGO Marvel when it was $3.50 on Gamestop a few months ago, though I'm betting it'll get back there in one of the upcoming sales.

And re: Dragon Age Keep FAQ--

How much will the Keep cost?

No, the Keep is online only and is free for everyone. All you need is an Origin ID to log in.

Okay. I guess NO is a good preface to that FAQ, in absolutely NO way.

But, I'll forgive the terrible writing, since it's a game that is not reliant on its writing and is being developed and produced by such small, underfunded, struggling independent teams.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There is this one mission where *not plot spoiler more like mechanic spoiler*
Where you can attend a yoga class and your mission is try not to get a D. You have to get those poses right.

Press F to Downward Facing Dog

There is this one mission where *not plot spoiler more like mechanic spoiler*
Where you can attend a yoga class and your mission is try not to get a D. You have to get those poses right.

They're really bending over backwards to get gamers to play their single player campaign, jeez. they must be sweating the competition

How to claim Civilization Beyond Earth Soundtrack

1. Open Steam, go your library and right-click on Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth, then select "Properties"

2. Now select the "Betas" tab in the new window

3. Type in the password "soundtrackplease" into the access code field and click "Check Code"

4. Select the "soundtrack" beta from the pull-down

5. Open up your Beyond Earth directory (default location is [disk drive]:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\) and feel free to copy the .mp3 files to anywhere else on your drive

And that's it! You'll find all 42 tracks from the Beyond Earth OST inside of that Soundtracks folder. All files have been properly labeled and are in .mp3 format, so now you can savor the sounds of Beyond Earth whenever and wherever you like. Enjoy!

- http://steamcommunity.com/games/65980/announcements/detail/144440225022225935

Thanks for the tip.

I hope Firaxis does this for Brave New World's soundtrack, because it's also locked behind odd file formats.

Shadownet

Banned
COD 4 amazing? I'm hearing some good things from peeps I know about the campaign and the multi but a DocSeuss seal of approval will probably seal the deal.

Dude Call of Duty Modern Warfare campaign is amazing. In fact the the entire series campaign is better than Ghosts and Black Ops series in my opinion.
All Ghillied Up is one of the best missions ever.

Sorry for OT - where can you find Dragon Age Inquisition for cheap?
You can use VPN to go on Mexican Origin Store to get Inquisition for cheap.
I got the Deluxe Edition for around $40 if I remember correctly.

COD 4 amazing? I'm hearing some good things from peeps I know about the campaign and the multi but a DocSeuss seal of approval will probably seal the deal.

I hate to interrupt a discussion between medical professionals, but everything i've heard is that it's probably the best COD since BLOPS1, so if that does anything for you then you might wanna look into it.

but let's not be crazy, nothing is going to be better than COD4. you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect it to be close to that.

Jawmuncher

If I was to subtract the gameplay from Transistor I would still come out with something I really liked. The setting, atmosphere, and music were just all so good for me. Had everything I could ask for besides dinosaurs.

As in the copy is only in spanish?
Has that been confirmed or am I reading to much into it.

nonon, i'm just teasing. It should be in english, if my titanfall purchase with its wonderful +30 gigs of uncompressed audio is anything to go by

but, knowing spanish myself, the idea of a person playing through a spanish-dub version of a dragon age game is getting a chuckle out of me.

I don't you believe you guys :hmpf The QL made it look like any other CoD. Zzzzz.

Dude Call of Duty Modern Warfare campaign is amazing. In fact the the entire series campaign is better than Ghosts and Black Ops series in my opinion.

He didn't ask if Cod 4 is amazing, but if AW is amazing as CoD 4 :p

iosefe

They actually did during a patch last week. It's here in .mp3's:

soundtracks in the game files...one of my favorite things

F:NV has them there, and now i'm listening to Why Don't You Do Right, which most of you may know better as the song that Jessica Rabbit sang in her first scene in Who framed Roger Rabbit

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
indiegala every monday (last week's that had a new counter) is gone now at least, so maybe theres still a new one coming soon, just late

Dr Dogg

I hate to interrupt a discussion between medical professionals, but everything i've heard is that it's probably the best COD since BLOPS1, so if that does anything for you then you might wanna look into it.

but let's not be crazy, nothing is going to be better than COD4. you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you expect it to be close to that.

For sure. I really liked the added emphasis on store with BLOPS 1 and some of the campaign choices BLOPS 2 had to offer as well as future tech but I've never replayed them. Where as Modern Warfare's campaign I've played 4 times through. Even after a day and a half straight of getting that bastard Mile High Club achievement didn't stop my playing it again. If AW can get somewhat close to 4 I might cave in earlier than expected, especially seeing as with the VIP offer on GMG allows to use credit which I've been hoarding.

Oh and for the record the reason I hold Seuss' opinion highly is because of this.

Nabs

everyone would, especially since it was, you know, a gift

Oh man, I'm not even talking about that. Haha. I wouldn't have gifted it to shadownet because I actually play those types of games.

----

Random Q: Jazzpunk - Controller or KB/M? I'm thinking of playing it tonight.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I can feel the COD itch coming back, but the Dragon Age itch is a lot stronger, but I think I will pick up AW eventually, it looks really nice.

You know I've never played a single Call of Duty game, not even one of them. Maybe during the next sale I'll pick up one of the older ones cheap and try it out.

maty

Played The Room after reading some recommendations, it was really good. Even if a little short I had a great time with it.

Reached 69% completion rate but BoI: Rebirth will get me back down to 68%.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You know I've never played a single Call of Duty game, not even one of them. Maybe during the next sale I'll pick up one of the older ones cheap and try it out.

Same here, though good luck finding them on sale on PC - I don't think any of them have ever been discounted more than 50% off, including the original Call of Duty from 2003.

I got BLOPS II for the Wii U for $7 (new, from Best Buy) but I still haven't played it.

Grief.exe

in what region does Binding of Isaac unlock earliest?

Nothing to report yet, I would guess it will launch simultaneously worldwide. Apparently streamers are getting an early shot at 7 AM PST tomorrow.

I played 4 recently and it doesn't hold up very well, I'm hoping to pick up 2 cheaply and try running through that one again.

Could someone repost or pm me that list of recommended Skyrim mods that was posted a few days ago?

I thought I'd bookmarked it but apparently I did not.

Edit: Nevermind, found it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
going past the obvious "Youre playing Ghosts, thats the problem" joke, what the fuck is up with this stuttering on Ghosts? intro kept freezing for a second every few seconds, and now the game is doing it too

its running perfectly, except that. is that a known issue and is there a known fix?

Same here, though good luck finding them on sale on PC - I don't think any of them have ever been discounted more than 50% off, including the original Call of Duty from 2003.

I got BLOPS II for the Wii U for $7 (new, from Best Buy) but I still haven't played it.

every once in a while the older games go on sale for $5, but never on steam. It's usually on some mac site or something like that.

I'd recommend COD4 for your first experience, but so many games since COD4 have taken inspiration from it that if you went back now it wouldn't have the same ooophm that it had back at launch. It would be like recommending HL2 to someone who has played fpses for the last 5-6 years, they aren't going to notice the revolutionary things in HL2 since so many games after it iterated on the things that HL2 did.

MW2 is the beginning of the COD campaigns becoming insane explosive rollercoasters but it's still good, BLOPS1 might actually be the best campaign that isn't COD4, MW3 is just a bunch of turret sequences and kinda terrible, BLOPS2 is fine and somewhat interesting. Didn't play ghosts, but it has a dog or something.

BLOPS2 is actually not a bad entry point for someone trying to get into the MP for the first time, but really, the best way is pick up a copy of the lastest game day one and play the MP immediately. Much like a fighting game, the earlier you learn the in and outs of the game's mechanics, the sooner you can be decent online. Waiting a couple of months to get into the MP means that you've allowed the community to get ahead of you, making being decent only a much tougher task.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom