• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Gray Matter is kind of a letdown.
The gameplay is... wonky, and some of the transition flags are really badly implemented.
The story might be interesting, but the fiddly way it's been implemented (I was stuck in chapter 4 because I'd talked to someone before I talked to a 2 line side character one more time, for example) really lets it down and lowers my interest.
Oh well, I'll finish it off tomorrow.

Zia

Just finished Ethan Carter. Oof. What an astonishing punch in the gut. The mixed reviews are mind boggling -- if it'd come out a couple years ago it'd be considered one of the best indies of all-time.

Spoiler:
The astronaut scene is one of my favorite video game set pieces ever. Literally took my breath away.

Haunted

Blaze Rush seems like a pretty solid Rock N Roll Racing game.

Shame there's only 4 cars on track. There's adhering to tradition and then there's missing an opportunity for even more carnage!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This level was so ridiculous, but also so great.

209650_2014-11-03_008nqoiw.jpg

209650_2014-11-04_000afq7y.jpg

Great campaign overall.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So..

50% off for Hatoful Boyfriend, dunno if I should get it. $5 just for teh lolz is expensive for me

If you like the visual novel medium, you'll probably like it.

If you don't like the visual novel medium, but like weirdness, humor, and a bit of drama, you'll probably like it.

If you don't like reading large amounts of text, you probably won't like it though. Especially since the entire game hinges on playing through all of the different routes and getting the true ending, and some of those routes are better than others.

Ozium

If you're referring to the comics, he also had acid, glue, freeze, net, and especially the sonic/banshee arrows. Why you'd need to incapacite someone more than one different way is kinda beyond me though. Rule of Cool.

But this is way OT.

because aliens/mutants/wizards have different elemental weaknesses?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Black Widow had a bigger role in the Captain America sequel than she did in the Avengers movie, and actually got to show off the Widow's Bites, or Stings, or whatever they were called. Would have been nice if they threw Hawkeye a similar bone. I guess it would be too much to ask for them to give him the old-school H mask or at the very least the purple sunglasses.

word is that there was originally a scene for Hawkeye in the script, which was a fight scene against Cap, but I think it never got filmed

Nabs

It hasn't released yet.

Those who pre-ordered have access it to it, as do those in Japan and Korea regardless of what version they have.

That's what I was thinking, but AW appeared in my library (family shared) about 7 or so hours ago. Maybe sooner.

zkylon

zkylewd
weird how this call of duty seems to be gathering so much positive energy

i guess that's what happens when you give it to a new studio, there's some excitement in the air!

still call of duty tho

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Global Offensive is now region-locked (ACRTAG).

That's what I was thinking, but AW appeared in my library (family shared) about 7 or so hours ago. Maybe sooner.

I'm not seeing it under my alt account.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
weird how this call of duty seems to be gathering so much positive energy

i guess that's what happens when you give it to a new studio, there's some excitement in the air!

still call of duty tho
Most of the people posting about it in this thread probably enjoy the series in general and pick it up each year because there are no other good popcorn Michael Bay shooters around. I know I fall into that category.

Miguel81

Just got through most of Chapter 3 on the The Evil Within demo. Seems very janky, especially in comparison to how polished RE4 was. I can live with the framerate, but the enemy AI is all over the place. Not sure if it would be worth the buy, especially after the fantastic Alien Iso.

Edit: After a long period of nausea, I've become numb to the fluctuations. Maybe I'm ready for Dragon's Dogma now, who knows.

Nabs

Most of the people posting about it in this thread probably enjoy the series in general and pick it up each year because there are no other good popcorn Michael Bay shooters around. I know I fall into that category.

Chet Faliszek @chetfaliszek
Got called a COD Noob in BF4 tonight for killing a dude. Thanks for reminding me to download Advanced Warfare kind sir!

Coreda

Is it just me or does checking the 'Keep your Steam Gift inventory private, regardless of your inventory setting above.' in the Profile privacy settings not stay checked?

Every time I come back to it, either via the browser or client, it's unchecked again so I'm not sure if it's enabled.

Edit: did a quick test in private mode, nope, not working.

zkylon

zkylewd
I wish I still cared about that series, feels like I'm missing out on something.

I know I'm not though.
i mean you're not, i enjoy how silly the campaigns are and i liked black ops 1's multiplayer but you if you needed call of duty you would have it already

yeah i mean i enjoyed it back when they sold it in stores here cos i could afford it but since they never do any decent price cuts and i can't bother to play a multiplayer game that isn't league of legends for more than a week or so i'm cool with one or two free weekends a year

i miss the stupidity and racism of the campaigns, specially now that they seem to have found their furious 5 formula, but i'll be ok

i think i would like it better if you could spend like buy the campaign alone for like 30 bucks or something

I actually had fun with it.
call of duty is always fun

the problem is the feeling of guilt after you realize it's over and the multiplayer is still worse than in cod4

which may not be the case in this one but certainly was in every other call of duty game

Sajjaja

I always enjoy Call of Duty campaigns. That's mostly why I play it tbh lol. I'll dabble in MP for a while but that's about it.

Miguel81

Call of Duty 2 for the Xbox 360 was a great damn experience, man. 4 was fun for a bit, but I never finished it and gave up on military shooters all together at that time -- started my retro phase. Should I :) or :( ? Not sure.

I always enjoy Call of Duty campaigns. That's mostly why I play it tbh lol. I'll dabble in MP for a while but that's about it.
My best pal and I were like this, then I talked him out of it after the mess that was MW3, he hasn't bought a CoD since, and AW is my first CoD in years.

Xanathus

I wish they'd just release the campaigns as stand-alone games because I can't justify the prices they ask for them if all I play are the single player campaigns. I still haven't played a COD since MW2 and Blops 1, at this point I'm probably better off just watching the story in a lets play. I still don't know what happens to Price goddamnit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
People need to learn the colors of the discrimination rainbow.

The term you're searching for is jingoism.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I've actually never played a COD since it doesn't seem like my bad of sour patch kids. Maybe if they actually went on sale I'd give them a go.

zkylon

zkylewd
People need to learn the colors of the discrimination rainbow.

The term you're searching for is jingoism.
ehh that'd ask for a proper assessment

the racism/whatever in call of duty is mostly funny much like in 80s/90s action movies cos it's so blatant. like you literally headshot fidel castro while he's doing it with a hooker

like that's hilarious

using the right words is serious and boring

Khronico

Heck, I still really enjoyed MW3's campaign. I've put enough hours to prestige once in all the COD's after 4 (did so 4 times in MW2). Spec Ops was awesome too, I love that mode. I think the only one I was really lukewarm on was Ghosts but it still had it's moments.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've actually never played a COD since it doesn't seem like my bad of sour patch kids. Maybe if they actually went on sale I'd give them a go.

yeah activision's unwillingless to actually get people to buy their games is ridiculous

like ghosts and black ops are still going for 60 bucks

like seriously wtf

I don't understand the outrage over that mission.
well it's an american dude mowing down russian innocents with a machine gun because... the mission!

it's definitely offensive as it was meant to be

like i really think that's the one game in which the bad guys' destroying of america was mostly justified lol

morningbus

ehh that'd ask for a proper assessment

the racism/whatever in call of duty is mostly funny much like in 80s/90s action movies cos it's so blatant. like you literally headshot fidel castro while he's doing it with a hooker

like that's hilarious

using the right words is serious and boring

Quit being so racist and use jingoist.

Shadownet

Banned
I don't understand the outrage over that mission.
I think it was the first (and only) mission in any Call of Duty games where you can actively kill innocent civilians. That why it was controversial.

Well you don't have to, you can go through the entire mission without killing anyone if you chose to.

zkylon

zkylewd
Quit being so racist and use jingoist.
at least call of duty games aren't sexists and don't have a mission about rescuing a female pilot that can't drive for shit

oh wait!

did i get that one rite :>

(btw i don't even mean these things as criticism. i'd be a lot less entertained if the call of duty games were less casually offensive)

I think it was the first (and only) mission in any Call of Duty games where you can actively kill innocent civilians. That why it was controversial.

Well you don't have to, you can go through the entire mission without killing anyone if you chose to.
the spoiler'd thing makes it so much worse

it's like it's ok if you're too impressed by the situation you can sit passively watching letting it happen lol

i'm not against the idea of that mission but it's so tasteless and so poorly done

not quite "hatred" levels but close

Xanathus

Out of curiousity I went and checked the prices of COD on Steam store after the regional currency changes and they're now a lot cheaper (for me); MW3 is $20.50, BLOPS2 is $28.57 and Ghosts is $30.08. I might actually buy them if they ever get a sale.

Also interestingly BLOPS2's historical lowest price according to Isthereanydeal.com was $0 at Amazon on Tue Oct 14 2014.

Out of curiousity I went and checked the prices of COD on Steam store after the regional currency changes and they're now a lot cheaper (for me); MW3 is $20.50, BLOPS2 is $28.57 and Ghosts is $30.08. I might actually buy them if they ever get a sale.

Also interestingly BLOPS2's historical lowest price according to Isthereanydeal.com was $0 at Amazon on Tue Oct 14 2014.
Whay region are you in?

morningbus

at least call of duty games aren't sexists and don't have a mission about rescuing a female pilot that can't drive for shit

oh wait!

did i get that one rite :>

(btw i don't even mean these things as criticism. i'd be a lot less entertained if the call of duty games were less casually offensive)

but why aren't we calling it racist doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom