• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
it's like it's ok if you're too impressed by the situation you can sit passively watching letting it happen lol

i'm not against the idea of that mission but it's so tasteless and so poorly done

not quite "hatred" levels but close
Haha yeah, I can see that. But it was nice that you can actually skip the entire level without even seeing it. It warn you in the beginning when you turn on the game.

But yeah I didn't think it was so bad either. Plot-wise it made sense why they did it. Now if this was like shooting a bunch of school children..

SE Asia. In b4 people start asking me to gift it to em....
Aren't they region locked?

zkylon

zkylewd
i'd go

1) bloops1: had a lot of things i'm personally really attracted to, like the 70s setting and the whole mental tricks stuff and the numbers and all that crap. it's also like got missions in like the most questionable wars like cuba and vietnam and you get to shoot fidel castro in the head while he's using a prostitue as a human shield. there's also like 17 torture scenes. no other call of duty comes as close to offensiveness as this one
2) cod4: obvious one, really good pacing and the chernobyl sections were great
3) bloops2: this one is bizarre with the branching paths and everything and it's probably the only one with a decent villain so some respect
4) cod1: i used to love this one but i bet i'd hate it now. i really liked the part that you stole a car and hated all the british sections. the russian parts were also really cool.

but why aren't we calling it racist doe
i'm learning!

Haha yeah, I can see that. But it was nice that you can actually skip the entire level without even seeing it. It warn you in the beginning when you turn on the game.

But yeah I didn't think it was so bad either. Plot-wise it made sense why they did it. Now if this was like shooting a bunch of school children..
i mean if you think about it

if you make a level so shocking that you have to put a disclaimer beforehand and allow people basically do nothing while the level advances itself

but you still make it skippable

then maybe that level wasn't really very important and you were just looking to create controversy to advertise your game

and plot wise it doesn't make much sense, it just seems like it does. like say you're the russian investigator in this case. wouldn't you maybe want to figure out why the only body you found was shot point blank by the terrorists? maybe there's more to this case than it seems? naahhh we all know russians are just waiting for any excuse to invade america! it's just so poorly written (like all of mw2's campaign which is fun but really really bad in story)

it's very dumb and insulting because it's just there for controversy's sake

i don't think it's worth much outrage but i can see the scene be very affecting for people as it was made for that purpose

Shadownet

Banned
I can't remember the old Call of Duty games. I only remember Modern Warfare onward. Could barely remember what happened in World At War.

But for me it would be:
1:Modern Warfare
2:Modern Warfare 2
3:Black Ops 2
4:Black Ops
5:Modern Warfare 3
6:Ghosts

The reason the original Black Ops was so low for me was because I didn't really get behind the whole number and brainwashing stuff. Though I did love the 70's setting.

Also zkylon :p it's BLOPS not BLOOPS lol

I've only played through MW2's campaign. It was fun, I guess, I did finish it on EXTREEEEME which was equally as easy as the easier modes.

Can't believe I have wasted like 20 days of my life in MW2 multiplayer.

Shadownet

Banned
#TRUTHFACT
You too? D:

In game time? If not, I played Enemy Territory for 9 years, first 5 of it almost daily
No lol but I did play about 3-6 hours nearly everyday. Heck my buddy and I got all the cheevos in the game. the hardest one was the Vidmaster Challenge: Annual.
You need 4 players to get this achievement and must be done on Legendary with the Iron skull. You have to start from the start of the level, not from Rally Point Alpha as the ghosts will not be there. You're whole team must be in ghosts at the very end (when you jump the gap into the frigate). For more information on where the ghosts are and other stuff, go here. To get members for your 4-man team to complete this achievement, go here. Here is a YouTube video guide:

It took us about 7 hours. Because I was with my best friend, another best friend and a my 3rd best friend little cousin who was like 13 at the time.

my 2nd best friend and the 13 years old were terrible, they kept arguing and dying and trying to ram one another off of the platforms.. At one point my 2nd best friend pause the game because his girlfriend was texting him. BRO you can't pause an online game! *facepalm* Tell her to stop bothering you and go to bed!

Anyway, we finally got it at 4 am in the morning. One of the toughest achievements and longest I ever done. My patient and our friendship was heavily tested that night. Mile High Club was probably 2nd hardest.

MW3 and earlier are region-free; BLOPS 2 and later have OARIC-locked RU/CIS subs*. That's it.

* Ghosts' Gold Edition is region-free.
ohhhhh gotta keep an eye out when CoD games goes on sale then!

Omega

Banned
Only hard part of Vidmaster Annual for me was the driving part. I could never drive in Halo

I remember my friends complaining bc I kept dying at that part. Meanwhile we spent like 2 hours on the first encounter because they kept dying..

Nabs

I'm having a hard time getting hyped for another P2P COD. I don't know how people can buy it for multiple platforms without the promise of proper dedicated servers.

Vuze

Global Offensive is now region-locked (ACRTAG).

Huh, interesting why would they do that? I don't think cheaters will mind to activate the gifts via VPN on their new accounts and I think it's a good bet to say the majority of active steam users already owns the game.

Knurek

God, I hate the fact that I can write good English, close enough to pass for a native speaker (not to tout my own horn too much), but anytime I need to speak English, I turn into a bumbling mess of half utterances and weird grammar constructs... X_X

Shadownet

Banned
God, I hate the fact that I can write good English, close enough to pass for a native speaker (not to tout my own horn too much), but anytime I need to speak English, I turn into a bumbling mess of half utterances and weird grammar constructs... X_X
I'm terrible at both and I live in the US. English is not my native language.

Sendou

I'm the same. I have noticed that speaking nevertheless is improving it.

Skyzard

Banned
I'm having a hard time getting hyped for another P2P COD. I don't know how people can buy it for multiple platforms without the promise of proper dedicated servers.

Same here. And they made it even faster!

p2p isn't the only issue for me but I was close to impulse buying it and it just woke me up a bit.

Knurek

not to *toot* my own horn too much

tumblr_n1izshkIXr1sf1w4yo2_500.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so who all is on the rebirth train besides nabs, grief, punished snake and myself?

roll call!

More like who isn't going by the hype the previous one gets around here (game did nothing for me unfortunately)

Dr Dogg

You know what I hate? Games that use dedicated servers but force you to rent them through an approved vendor. I've got copies of BF1942 and BF2 server clients sat on my PC since forever and even years and years from now can setup unranked servers for them (well after Gamespy dying they're all unranked now). Try doing that with BC2 onwards *fist shaking in EA's direction*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom