• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Huh, interesting why would they do that? I don't think cheaters will mind to activate the gifts via VPN on their new accounts and I think it's a good bet to say the majority of active steam users already owns the game.

Probably because it's Valve's most-popular paid game. It doesn't bode well for future releases (e.g. L4D3).

Isn't it used as a currency, like L4D2 and Garry's Mod? Gotta suck for those traders who have a bunch of CSGO gifts

The sub is new. The previous sub is still region-free.

Skyzard

Banned
You know what I hate? Games that use dedicated servers but force you to rent them through an approved vendor. I've got copies of BF1942 and BF2 server clients sat on my PC since forever and even years and years from now can setup unranked servers for them (well after Gamespy dying they're all unranked now). Try doing that with BC2 onwards *fist shaking in EA's direction*.

Yeah, fuck that too.

It's like we're paying a subscription for these BF and Cod games.

Knurek

So, how disappointing new additions to Humble13 will be? Any takers?
Previous main bundle had a single game added, can they top that?

Deques

Before the bonus game came in the last bundle, it did say "Another game coming soon".

Current bundle says "More games coming soon". It's safe that HiB 13 will have more than one bonus game

The tab for Flash bundle is gone. There won't be any more flash bundles?

Considering they've made the logo look Halloween themed I was hoping we'd end up with more than one horror game in this bundle.

Gintoki

damn

GJuR45s.png

Dr Dogg

Steam sure is popular among farmers.

Or wannabe farmers. What would be funny if there were a bunch of football managers buying Farming Simulator to facilitate their dream where as a bunch of farmers were buying Footy Manager for the same reasons.

Ozium

Or wannabe farmers. What would be funny if there were a bunch of football managers buying Farming Simulator to facilitate their dream where as a bunch of farmers were buying Footy Manager for the same reasons.

Football Manager: Rural Intramural DLC coming soon!

Arthea

I more like that trailer, where a truck driver gets home after work and plays the truck driver simulator (><)

oh c'mon, you knew this is a joke before even clicking it

Arthea

I noticed that
still isn't greenlit, and we want it greenlit, because we breed pets, plant seeds in our kitchen garden and create potions in our alchemy workshop in this. There is no way we can live without it.

Does anyone even care about Titanfall anymore? I actually forgot it even existed tbqh

probably not, I haven't even bothered to download it for 2 free days, not to mention it was rather cheap lately (><)
and it seems nobody plays it anymore as it hardly gets mentioned anywhere.

Shadownet

Banned
Nah, it was more the standard frost commentary that Halo is a waste. :p
That is you *truly* wasted 3 years, not that you "wasted" them... cause y'know, if you enjoyed it, it's not really a waste. :p
I did quite enjoy it at the time. Grifball is still quite fun.

I do hope the Master Chief Collection come to Steam cause we should set up Grifball matches.

MadGear

Does anyone even care about Titanfall anymore? I actually forgot it even existed tbqh

You are supposed to have seen it, not to care about or to play it.

But tbh I actually enjoyed it far more than i have ever enjoyed a single Call of Duty to date, but still didn't play it long enough to complete a single generation on my own. But i really like how much they improve the game with each update, so i always jump back in for a few rounds after an update and actually have been playing a couple of rounds again since the last update.

KiDdYoNe

Oh, i totally fogot about the Isaac! Hopefully this one will work just fine since the flash version was laggy as shit for me.

Ozium

Oh, i totally fogot about the Isaac! Hopefully this one will work just fine since the flash version was laggy as shit for me.

flash version was laggy on everything... it was never an issue about computing power, only the weaknesses of flash...

edit: I don't get why this thread would even move to community considering steam happenings occur every single day, except the weekend, but still there might be steam related news... every day there is a new day, every few days there's a new bundle, every week there's a new weekly sale... every day things are being added (cards, cheevos, games, subscriptions, etc.)

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Considering lazy BoI badges I wouldn't get my hopes up too high.

I actually like the BOI badges, but then I like the character art from the game. If they do a similar thing here, maybe mix it up by showing different items applied to Isaac, I'd be happy with that. Either that or throw some of the more interesting looking enemies in there. It's better than game logos any day.

Dr Dogg

Shouldn't this thread be in Gaming Community as well, if the Monthly Playstation Network thread now have been moved there?

Not really, they are hardly the same thing. While yes Steam and PSN both function as a digital storefront and unifying network that's about where the comparisons end. Look at all the questions people ask in here for help and on the wide range of issues that you can have not only with the service of Steam but games themselves. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Anteater

Welp done fixing up dmc3, still don't know how to remap L2 and R2 because of the way the game detects those buttons, it's kind of weird as it defaults those to devil arm/gun changing no matter what.

Benedict

Not really, they are hardly the same thing. While yes Steam and PSN both function as a digital storefront and unifying network that's about where the comparisons end. Look at all the questions people ask in here for help and on the wide range of issues that you can have not only with the service of Steam but games themselves. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Have you read the PSN Thread?
I think you just described it.

Milamber

But really, what's the worst that could happen to the Steam threads if we get moved to community? Less visits? More Saorise?

Dr Dogg

Have you read the PSN Thread?
I think you just described it.

So will my Vita run x game? Why yes because every Vita runs every Vita game.

Will I be able to gift this game from this region? No because PSN accounts are tied to region and no gifting happens.

Will x site give me PSN keys? Outside of Amazon and select stores you won't be able to buy PSN digital games and they are clearly labled. Etc. etc.

Every question is piss easy and can be answered yourself with next to no thought regards to PSN that is not even remotely the case with Steam hence having the added visibility is a lot more important here than that thread. And as I said that's just the tip of the iceberg of what goes on in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom