• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I have a bunch of Origin games from Humble Bundles that I may as well raffle off here, but I see no gifting instructions. Is it not possible to create gifting links for them?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Actually that's the problem since if a new thread gets made I'll never subscribe again. The same thing happened with AnimeGAF and now I never go there anymore either!

Community is a wasteland. The Steam thread will probably never drop off the first page.

Bigby

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I know how to use Modbot, but on the Humble Bundle pages I don't see an option to create gifting links for the Origin versions of the games so that I can submit them to Modbot.

Humble Origin games are only keys, no gifting links.

Actually that's the problem since if a new thread gets made I'll never subscribe again. The same thing happened with AnimeGAF and now I never go there anymore either!

I think the anime- and mangathreads here on GAF are a clusterfuck, if there isnt an actual discussion going on.

Most people use them as a blog and write what they thought of episode 10 of Anime ABC or Chapter 328 of Manga XYZ.

Milamber

I think the anime- and mangathreads here on GAF are a clusterfuck, if there isnt an actual discussion going on.

Most people use them as a blog and write what they thought of episode 10 of Anime ABC or Chapter 328 of Manga XYZ.

That's exactly why I don't post there anymore.

Ozium

No but now were stuck with the same horrible lot (yes I'm including myself in that as well!) and when the shit goes down it might become an even smaller number of posters as others leave. Could be a nice social interaction experiment.

ZARDOZ THE THREAD

Well since the thread got demoted I'll say goodbye since I'll never see the thread in gaming again. Goodnight SteamGAF you crazy devil you.

casualty zero...

:(

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Have at them:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (wetflame, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge Origin -- MB-9F0C1E71421A476F
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-351A0092706A0E05 - Taken by nightstorm
vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition (Origin) -- MB-2DA584DD63184646 - Taken by anastef
vRvbDCu.png
Peggle Deluxe, Bejeweled 3, Bookworm Deluxe, Escape Rosecliff Island, and Feeding Frenzy 2 Deluxe (Origin) -- MB-3405D6173848CC17 - Taken by Casimir
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space 3 (Origin) -- MB-68F622738E03B302 - Taken by Shadownet
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-A6CA8E683A85866B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box (Origin) -- MB-263120E7B10D1F4F - Taken by ModBot
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 Uprising (Origin) -- MB-DD5A67ED59E4EEDF - Taken by Valkrai
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-D6C666410A4871A2

Tellaerin

Well, this is interesting. Saw a VN called eden* on sale. Art looks nice. Says it's 50% off ($9.99) until November 10. Went to the store page, and in the announcements I see this:

November 3
eden* is Not Available Yet
eden* was set to release state by mistake and is not available to play at the moment. We are trying contact Valve to retract this mistake. We apologize about the confusion.

Wonder if listing it for 50% off was an error, too?

Anteater

I already click into the community tab anyway whenever I don't see steamgaf on the first page in gaming

so this probably won't affect me much

XShagrath

Moving to Community is the best thing ever. Means I never have to visit the main gaming page again. Now every single thread that I visit regularly is a community thread (either Gaming or OT).

Copons

Well fuck, I leave home for half an hour, for the first time in a week and BAM, community.
I knew I should have forced my gf to get the groceries. Also I won't leave home ever again to avoid the chance of this thread being locked. :(

Ozium

Well fuck, I leave home for half an hour, for the first time in a week and BAM, community.
I knew I should have forced my gf to get the groceries. Also I won't leave home ever again to avoid the chance of this thread being locked. :(

your new cat is a harbinger if ill tidings, friend

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Since the discount isn't mentioned I'd guess it's intention and just the timing if off. It's a little baffling that Valve still has to manually flip the release switch and I'd guess it's such little things that are probably holding back Greenlight's replacement -- release state switches, CD key generation and whatever else Valve still has to do manually are going to have to be automated before the metaphorical floodgates are opened.

Well, this is interesting. Saw a VN called eden* on sale. Art looks nice. Says it's 50% off ($9.99) until November 10. Went to the store page, and in the announcements I see this:

Just bought it from the Motherland.

Guess the 50% are intentional. Cho Dengeki Stryker also had a really big discount during its first week.

Dr Dogg

Moving to Community is the best thing ever. Means I never have to visit the main gaming page again. Now every single thread that I visit regularly is a community thread (either Gaming or OT).

Actually thinking about it no more GamerGate thread, no more Console Warz threads, no more over hyped games threads, no more downgreadation threads, no more stupid power level threads or the such like to scroll past to find the few threads I frequent. Don't know if that says more about me or the majority of conversation on GAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom