• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2014 - Ride of the Valkyries

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Is the Ubisoft GeForce offer available in the UK? I need to buy a 970 soon anyway.

Actual Spoilers for Hatoful Boyfriend:
The game actually has a very dark and intelligent storyline that is both meta-commentary on world affairs, gaming, visual novels, and more, and pokes fun while also intelligently creates a plot on the fact time keeps on resetting for you to go with different bird paths, as well as dark turns as it turns out each bird is related to some kind of insane situation. An infamous example, if you go for the doctor character you're going to end up becoming his surgical play puppet and have your intestines ripped out as he coyingly teases you that you must of wanted this to go for him, everything pointed to the fact he was a psychopath that was murdering students in secret and that he mailed you and you ate one of the students, yet you still went for him and ignored all the warning signals. And that's only the tip of the iceberg, there's actually a really in-depth reason why everyone but you are birds and more.

You have my interest...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Got my laptop working properly again so I can now (well, not now now) resume card idling. Huzzah.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright guys, which one of you landed us in the Community tab?

In all the time I've been posting on GAF I've seen some pretty ridiculous stuff posted here, so it must have been something bad.

Humble-Bundle spares, please be advised that these keys must be redeemed by November 25 at 11am PDT

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gianni Merryman:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Risk of rain -- MB-1ADD81F8B9050856
Teleglitch -- MB-9FB0BA426E1D67F6 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1415121027z1.png

Dr Dogg

Well we're not all dead yet so that's good.

Is the Ubisoft GeForce offer available in the UK? I need to buy a 970 soon anyway

OC's have them up on their cards already and I'm sure Scan, DABS, Ebuyer and even Amazon will follow suit soon. I was getting a bit worried that it was too late for a promo for Unity but cheap codes here I come!

Chariot

So this is the Big Mistake from Beyond Earth. Driven out from our old world, we settle on a savage, foreign planet. Not everyone made it here, but we, the ones that are still left, we are the chosen.

Time to kill the xenomorphs.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Alright guys, which one of you landed us in the Community tab?

In all the time I've been posting on GAF I've seen some pretty ridiculous stuff posted here, so it must have been something bad.

Nobody posted any horsemask.jpeg's overnight, it was apparently a site-wide change that affected a lot of OT threads.

Jawmuncher has a collection of Minsc's posts which detail the mod staff's decision. Basically, trying to revive the Community tabs from becoming thread graveyards again.

I don't know if it is just because I spend time looking for the SteamGAF thread when I click the Gaming tab, but I've noticed this morning a complete lack of interesting threads on the front page. It's all... so gameFAQs quality. I think we absorbed all the sane posters like a sponge.

Nzyme32

Just got home from work and we're in Community.

What was the straw that broke the Stump's back?

Does this mean we can post all the subway systems we want now?

Well I haven't seen Stump since we got moved....

cf98e0e75bf8c8173f8ac127258b9a440b47243a5a2c68688bf0a593837db21d.jpg

So this is the Big Mistake from Beyond Earth. Driven out from our old world, we settle on a savage, foreign planet. Not everyone made it here, but we, the ones that are still left, we are the chosen.

Time to kill the xenomorphs.

Edit: Actually we have a monologue for the situation, assuming we are actually the xeno scum to the community world

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nobody posted any horsemask.jpeg's overnight, it was apparently a site-wide change that affected a lot of OT threads.

Jawmuncher has a collection of Minsc's posts which detail the mod staff's decision. Basically, trying to revive the Community tabs from becoming thread graveyards again.

I don't know if it is just because I spend time looking for the SteamGAF thread when I click the Gaming tab, but I've noticed this morning a complete lack of interesting threads on the front page. It's all... so gameFAQs quality. I think we absorbed all the sane posters like a sponge.

Ah thanks for the links, and I guess that makes sense. I wonder if our sale threads would fit better under the Gaming tab since (even though they can last a few weeks) it's all happening in a very "It's happening right this second, get in here..." kind of way. Or are the mods suggesting we would post a new thread every time the community choice votes change?

Either way, I guess I'm cool with the change. Hopefully it does revive the Community forums a bit again, because I know that over the years we've gotten a few new regular posters who happen to wander in when they see so much going on in this thread.

Chariot

Don't want to buy the Razor Bundle? Here you go.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Orborun -- MB-FD043A3D3D4E0613 - Taken by maty
Syder Arcade -- MB-8964F39BDDE153F4 - Taken by dave is ok
Deadly Sin 2 -- MB-453FF3A7D2EA81E2 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Galactic Arms Race -- MB-70F83D5CCC296C39 - Taken by chronomac
Rage Runner -- MB-D8A911E661FF435E - Taken by jshackles
Super MNC Turbocross Bundle -- MB-C56A0C70027C343E - Taken by BernardoOne
Skyborn -- MB-1EC531C7842AD36E - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-2D72B774633BFC9E
4 Elements -- MB-EA30EF5102B04EEA - Taken by Benedict

jshackles

Don't want to buy the Razor Bundle? Here you go.

Awesome, thanks for Rage Runner - it was the only game I was missing from the bundle!

sprinkles

I just went back like 6 pages in the games section looking for the Steam thread.. I do not like these changes to my browsing habits.

Anyway, I beat Wolfenstein TNO last night and was thoroughly impressed. I don't know what's up with the FPS games, every time I think I'm done with the genre a game comes in and makes nearly everything right.

Last year it was Shadow Warrior with its exciting mixture of melee and spell abilities, this year it is the new Wolfenstein, mainly for the story telling and the gunplay. It has been a long while a FPS told its story so well paced, ridiculous action set pieces following slower levels. Even the side characters, be they Nazis or Resistance, have their scenes and moments in the spotlight.

I am still kinda bummed that in order to play the game here in Germany, I had to use a VPN to download it even after it was in my account. And no achievements either for what could be my GOTY so far.
Ah who am I kidding, it's Dark Souls 2

Phawx

Cross posting from the indie game thread as this is going to be a steam game

Hey guys, I have a minimalist Let's Play of Sneaky Sneaky up. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vri-4r42VZg&list=UUNpxh2vUm0kZJP_D6C4OMSA

Quick impressions
  • Tile-based but not turn-based
  • ---->NPCs move on their own clock
  • ---------->As a result, it's less puzzle-y and more action-y
  • There is a kernel of touch/mobile-focused gameplay, but it still works just fine with kbm
  • It can be a bit too easy
  • Animation is excellent.

Firebrand

So this is where this thread went. Nobody puts Baby in a corner! *patrick swayze appears*
oh god undead patrick swayze, he's got no eyeballs and he smells real bad

Arthea

repeating for other timezones
we need this greenlit, because we breed pets, plant seeds in our kitchen garden and create potions in our alchemy workshop among other things in this game. There is no way we can live without it.

Sarcasm

repeating for other timezones
we need this greenlit, because we breed pets, plant seeds in our kitchen garden and create potions in our alchemy workshop among other things in this game. There is no way we can live without it.

I can't see your image/link..what host yea using?

louiedog

Cross posting from the indie game thread as this is going to be a steam game

Hey guys, I have a minimalist Let's Play of Sneaky Sneaky up. You can find it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vri-4r42VZg&list=UUNpxh2vUm0kZJP_D6C4OMSA

Quick impressions
  • Tile-based but not turn-based
  • ---->NPCs move on their own clock
  • ---------->As a result, it's less puzzle-y and more action-y
  • There is a kernel of touch/mobile-focused gameplay, but it still works just fine with kbm
  • It can be a bit too easy
  • Animation is excellent.

I've been playing it and really enjoying it. It works perfectly with Win 8 touch and is a great fit for my tablet.

I really, really dislike the enemy movement patterns. Sometimes I feel like I'm just waiting around for 2 minutes for a guy to finally get out of the way so I can continue to be sneaky.

Turfster

I really, really dislike the enemy movement patterns. Sometimes I feel like I'm just waiting around for 2 minutes for a guy to finally get out of the way so I can continue to be sneaky.

To be fair, that's the essence of correct ghosted stealth gameplay ;)

louiedog

*looks at his 81 hours in Styx*
Fair enough, but I don't agree with you ;)

My time is very valuable. If I'm sitting around waiting for skeletons to move out of the way I can't be on a forum complaining about how the skeletons won't move out of the way.

You can see what a problem this must be for me.

Turfster

My time is very valuable. If I'm sitting around waiting for skeletons to move out of the way I can't be on a forum complaining about how the skeletons won't move out of the way.

You can see what a problem this must be for me.

This is why I have 3 systems on my desk ;)

Grief.exe

COD: AW hasn't broken the 27K barrier for concurrent yet. Let's see how it performs into the weekend.

Will also be interesting to see how it stacks up to Isaac's launch,

Annubis

I don't understand this binding of Isaac hype. Is it not just an expansion of the original game?

I'm even more weirded by how the stream yesterday was full of people asking about the story and the symbolism...

I've never looked at the binding of Isaac as a story game or a game with depth =/
I'm wondering if the people asking questions were uber fans or if I'm the minority here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom