• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

They were definitely on some "We'll see :)" shit when people asked about a PC release at first. It's still surprising. Especially the publisher.

Lomax

That Humble Monthly is actually pretty great.
So many quality titles like Grimrock II, Towerfall and Valkyria Chronicles.

Humble so dumb for not allowing people to retroactively buy it. They would only make even more money by getting more accustomed to the monthly sub. At least for this first time obviously.

I'm surprised there's not a "you missed it? buy now for $20" option or something like that. I wonder if they'll give us any numbers in terms of how many people bought it. Probably not.

q0W2ONo.png

Too lazy to write the games

good thing i passed on it.

Publisher: PlayStation Mobile Inc.

W.. Wh.. Whaat?

One I thought PS Mobile was dead. Two Sony publishing on PC again?

Kind of weird to have Sony publish the game with that name but SOE is dead so guess we'll have to stick with this. Looking good for some Sony games to come PC bound though. I also have to enjoy my PS4 copy of the game. Good thing I got that ultimate edition of Helldivers for $20.

Werd

I didn't get much value out of this one, might buy the next one anyway... but there's no real reason to keep it up rather than cancel and see the teases/leaks first, is there going to be another early one like Grim Rock 2?

I'm surprised there's not a "you missed it? buy now for $20" option or something like that. I wonder if they'll give us any numbers in terms of how many people bought it. Probably not.

That would be smart. Like a pre-order the monthly for $12 or pay $20 after release. Groupee styles.

Ludens

Banned
I didn't get much value out of this one, might buy the next one anyway... but there's no real reason to keep it up rather than cancel and see the teases/leaks first, is there going to be another early one like Grim Rock 2?

If you subscribe now you get Towerfall Ascension.

Anyway this is basically what IndieRoyale did, only they actually used to reveal some games, and it was "buy now, pay X" or "buy later, pay more".

I didn't get much value out of this one, might buy the next one anyway... but there's no real reason to keep it up rather than cancel and see the teases/leaks first, is there going to be another "early" one like Grim Rock 2?

Already is. Towerfall is the 'early' game.

Guess they'll recycle a game from the previous months bundle.

Teggy

BTW, the bonus for new people to sign up is Towerfall Ascension, which is in this month's bundle. Which means it's kind of in this month's and next month's bundle?

BadRamen

Humble Monthly's page states that each following month after the first month will have a game from the previous bundle as a bonus for signing up if you weren't subscribed already. Can't say for sure if you could cop multiple Towerfall copies if you got November, canceled, then resubscribed for December tho

5%. Does it really matter though? No one bought this bundle based on charity.

I did, sorta.
If I could've ensured most of my $12 went to charity, I would've subbed much earlier.
However, it was someone's birthday and LoG2 was on their wishlist, so I figured I'd just sub to humble monthly as an experiment and have extra goodies for people when I already owned everything.

(Pleasant surprise: I at least got a +1 out of SanctuaryRPG. So I didn't own it all... that's something at least. Plus 4 good guys got some games out of it, so that's also a win.)

madjoki

Humble Monthly's page states that each following month after the first month will have a game from the previous bundle as a bonus for signing up if you weren't subscribed already. Can't say for sure if you could cop multiple Towerfall copies if you got November, canceled, then resubscribed for December tho

You don't get bonus when resubscribing.

Lomax

You can only get the bonus game once. That's why Grimrock 2 was considered part of this bundle, but going forward it's just a bonus.

I did, sorta.
If I could've ensured most of my $12 went to charity, I would've subbed much earlier.
However, it was someone's birthday and LoG2 was on their wishlist, so I figured I'd just sub to humble monthly as an experiment and have extra goodies for people when I already owned everything.

(Pleasant surprise: I at least got a +1 out of SanctuaryRPG. So I didn't own it all... that's something at least. Plus 4 good guys got some games out of it, so that's also a win.)

Charity to your friends is better charity anyway :)

Just follow a game like Towerfall on Steamspy in the next few days. The jump in sales will equal the number of bundles sold.

Eh, not really. There's no way to know how many people already had it, and it's well known that plenty of people don't activate all of their games from bundles. I guess if you went through all of the games and made that comparison you could get a minimum baseline, but if it's only 5-10k bundles then it would disappear in the margin of error anyway.

C4rter

Yes I bought it....

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (C4rter, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-33C690CDD146803F - Taken by Drakhyrr. 14 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock 2 -- MB-62AD011ECE4296C6 - Taken by Iron Badger. 14 entrants total.

t1446839491z1.png

Crossposting from the Humble Monthly thread

Code:
[B]GAME    [/B]                 [B]   Lowest recorded price[/B]

Saints Row IV                  $3.99
Besiege                        $4.89
Valkyria Chronicles            $4.99
Lethal league                  $4.75
Sanctuary RPG                  $3.99
Towerfall Ascension            $3.74
Legend of Grimrock 2           $5.99
[B]TOTAL[/B]                          $32.34

Let me know if I made a mistake
besides subscribing to the monthly

Dr Dogg

Let's be realistic here. Sony putting stuff up on Steam is probably a one time or exceedingly rare deal due to Arrowhead being PC folk through and through.They're going to leave folks with a bigger set of blue balls than NIS did with Cladun x2. Fitting really since that's their corporate colour these days.

Also I see the 'you can't take my exclusives!' paranoia has started already.

Don't stop believing.

Heh!

Drakhyrr

Crossposting from the Humble Monthly thread
Let me know if I made a mistake
besides subscribing to the monthly

It's a good value if one wants all of these games, I guess. But then, the lack of DLCs in some further brings it down. It's much easier to buy Saints Row IV: Game of the Century than to get all of its DLC, which makes SRIV useless to those that value these things.

chronomac

I'm pretty pleased with the bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valkyria Chronicles -- MB-32CA07B4144A8BBA - Taken by Vuze. 14 entrants total.

t1446840511z1.png

It's a good value if one wants all of these games, I guess. But then, the lack of DLCs in some further brings it down. It's much easier to buy Saints Row IV: Game of the Century than to get all of its DLC, which makes SRIV useless to those that value these things.

They probably want people that got the base game to buy the dlc , and make even more money.

Dr Dogg

First they came for HELLDIVERS but I did not speak up as it was some indie game that I always complain about getting added to my PS+ Subscription...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom