• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Man this recent slant towards hero shooters makes the kerfuffle around Insomniac and Overstrike as it was originally called which was a colourful and stylised coop shooter than got turned into a serious and grey dudebro shooter named FUSE look like an even bigger fuck up.

The male ages 10-16 focus group. Ruining this hobby since 2006.

chronomac

I've asked this before but I'm going to ask again because why the hell not: is there a way to get a top 10 or 15 list of the most generous ModBot users? I'd love to see how many games, say, Jase has given away.

Hmm 25 bucks in my Steam account but, I want to finish some stuff up more.

Question. How much more mileage do you think I can still get out of my i5 3570K, R9 270 and 8 GB (which might go up to 16 soon anyway) of RAM? I am not afraid of turning stuff down or even lowering the resolution, more concerned about performance.

I mean depending on what job I have come this time next year I might upgrade or something anyway but, I am just curious.

Hmm 25 bucks in my Steam account but, I want to finish some stuff up more.

Question. How much more mileage do you think I can still get out of my i5 3570K, R9 270 and 8 GB (which might go up to 16 soon anyway) of RAM? I am not afraid of turning stuff down or even lowering the resolution, more concerned about performance.

I mean depending on what job I have come this time next year I might upgrade or something anyway but, I am just curious.
You graphics card will likely become the first "bottleneck" and thus be the best bang-for-buck item to upgrade.

Tizoc

Yeah. Not a very good game, really bummed.

My issue is hopping onto steam, ready to play a game, clicking on it, then discovering it's queued an update for two hours from now. I want the updates to happen when they're available, no waiting.

I was under the assumption that even if an update is scheduled by Steam to start after say 1 hour, you could just go to the download list and press the Up arrow on any game you want to have updated.

DocSeuss

I was under the assumption that even if an update is scheduled by Steam to start after say 1 hour, you could just go to the download list and press the Up arrow on any game you want to have updated.

I know how to force an update to happen.

What I want is not to have to wake up, log on to my computer, and discover that the game I want requires a few hundred megabyte patch.

You graphics card will likely become the first "bottleneck" and thus be the best bang-for-buck item to upgrade.

Yeah, I realize that the GPU is the thing I would more than likely have to replace first. Just wondering how long I can last on it.

Why not overclock it?

I can but, that won't help much if there is any game that I want to play that ask 4GB of VRAM for even Medium or High. I should be fine though for awhile I think. Still the 2GB card I have is starting to kinda make me worry.

Panda Rin

I'm ready

BGnEmJd.png

Uzzy

HELLDIVERS coming to Steam has got me playing Klendathu Drop on repeat and quoting lines from Starship Troopers.

Just training for when I'm actually playing HELLDIVERS, and my group of friends will be communicating solely through Starship Troopers quotes while listening to the soundtrack.

Parsnip

Cool of them to do this but correct me if I am wrong, we cannot download it, right? I remember this option was available on soundcloud a while ago.

I don't see a link to download the whole thing at once, which sucks, but you can download each individual track.
I guess it's better than nothing.

I don't see a link to download the whole thing at once, which sucks, but you can download each individual track.
I guess it's better than nothing.

I must be blind because I do not see the download button. I need to be signed in, maybe? Thanks for the answer Parsnip.

There should be download soundtrack button on first link I think. Or you can download tracks separately.

Thanks for the answer too dex.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I know that most of you know this already, but tomorrow morning I'm going to be live-streaming great Steam games for 24 hours straight on Twitch - and it's all for charity.

t1446915600z4.png

Even if you're not donating, hopefully you all get a chance to stop by and say "hi" at some point. I've got some pretty awesome games lined up (Ethan Carter, D4, Shower With Your Dad Simulator, etc) as well as a great lineup of games being raffled to those who donate, courtesy of IsThereAnyDeal.com (Rocket League, Tales of Zestiria, Pillars of Eternity, etc).

I'm really looking forward to it! I was going to add a thread on gaming side about it, but there's already one there for Extra Life with someone else and was worried about sounding spammy :(

dex3108

Oh boy, from Fallout 4 Thread.

Ok guys, here are some reports:

Bad framerate + bad IQ due to aliasing, 3 crashes in one hour:
http://www.consolewars.de/messagebo...05-Fallout-4?p=7028287&viewfull=1#post7028287

Dumbed down dialogue system destroys atmo + low fps on PS4:
http://www.consolewars.de/messagebo...05-Fallout-4?p=7027753&viewfull=1#post7027753

Texture flickering and Popins:
http://www.consolewars.de/messagebo...05-Fallout-4?p=7027876&viewfull=1#post7027876

Small world, bad framerate+ long loading times:
http://www.consolewars.de/messagebo...05-Fallout-4?p=7028029&viewfull=1#post7028029

bad framerate in interiours when you engage multiple enemies. Feels very dated while playing:
http://www.gamestar.de/community/gspinboard/showpost.php?p=17225411&postcount=4118

http://www.gamestar.de/community/gspinboard/showpost.php?p=17225403&postcount=4115

All in all people seem to like the game but it has huge problems and is ne relevation in any way

rtcn63

PS4-related, I started up Infamous Second Son and played it for an hour or two.
Yep, it plays like Infamous. Not a fan of using the touchpad as a button though, especially in the heat of combat. I have the game locked to 30fps, but I swear I'm getting lag/fps drops. Or maybe it's just the scenery loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom