• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

they never gave a straight NOPE on Helldivers on PC but still wasnt expecting it

online co-op right? im there, with GAF squad

BXjAWJT.jpg

Don't think this was supposed to show. For a short moment they were even labeled. Now they are all gone.

Salsa

I was like

'why is no one talking about the Outland 2 announcement?'

then I realized it's Outlast 2 that got announced

oh

Nabs

I was like

'why is no one talking about the Outland 2 announcement?'

then I realized it's Outlast 2 that got announced

oh

I played Outland (co-op) for the first time this year, and I did not like it (combat, platforming, or exploration). Am I alone in that, or is it still considered a gem of a game by new players?

Hektor

Releasing the new hearthstone addon on thursday is so dumb. Ill already be busy with F4 and SC2 which is one of their own games. what the hell man.

Salsa

I played Outland (co-op) for the first time this year, and I did not like it (combat, platforming, or exploration). Am I alone in that, or is it still considered a gem of a game by new players?

I kinda gave up midway through

considering its one of the first XBLA games I get why it was so special then but indie games took that concept and ran with it so there's just better stuff now

Buraindo

I thought the controls felt off and stopped playing it after a bit. Might give it another go at some point but I'm in no rush.

Monooboe

Alright, 10gbs to go on Black Ops 3.:D

I do find it kind of strange that they are aiming for the long haul with Black Ops 3 on PC, with mod support and such coming next year, seeing as it's an annual thing, unless they imagine people will stick with this one for awhile.

Salsa

I dont think there's any DOTA elements to it really

its more like just TF2

but I dont blame ya considering how every game looks like a MOBA now

also that terrible generic name

rtcn63

RE4 mid and late game
So I'm watching the GT playthrough, and apparently on Professional, the early regenerators have one leech on their back. In Normal difficulty, the first ones you meet have all four on the front. I just played through that part today.

The only Dota like elements in Overwatch are abilities and ultimates. And I don't know if it has item management and such. Battleborn is more Dota-esque, because one of its mode has you guiding creeps in lanes and such.

I don't know what Overwatch is.

Basically like TF2: a varied cast specializing in their own thing playing capture points and payload, only it has a bigger cast who have abilities and ultimates.

Dr Dogg

Man this recent slant towards hero shooters makes the kerfuffle around Insomniac and Overstrike as it was originally called which was a colourful and stylised coop shooter than got turned into a serious and grey dudebro shooter named FUSE look like an even bigger fuck up.

Caerith

Man this recent slant towards hero shooters makes the kerfuffle around Insomniac and Overstrike as it was originally called which was a colourful and stylised coop shooter than got turned into a serious and grey dudebro shooter named FUSE look like an even bigger fuck up.

Overstrike was like Friendster, if it had just come along a little later it could have been Facebook.

Nzyme32

Publisher: PlayStation Mobile Inc.

W.. Wh.. Whaat?

One I thought PS Mobile was dead. Two Sony publishing on PC again?

It is so cool and weird to see the PS logo's and slogan at the beginning and end of that trailer with Steam along side. Great choice of game to do it with though. I hadn't heard of it, but it looks like my cup of tea

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Scourge: Outbreak Ambrosia Bundle -- MB-8AEBFA5BAE3D5BF2 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Orbit HD -- MB-E0BFC737D5977E50 - Taken by derExperte

Dr Dogg

Overstrike was like Friendster, if it had just come along a little later it could have been Facebook.

Thing is though even that is was just a CGI trailer and a concept at first I really wanted to play this game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfUMw5KJ0Q

But then you get a bunch of 12 year olds in to tell you what they think, they tell you it sucks, like all 12 year olds do and you go after thier market ie the Greys of War style shooter and you get this shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlVoaa1uqM

Funny thing is Sunset Overdrive looks like the kind of game Overstrike would have been. I mean we go from a colourful trailer with The Hives blaring out showcasing the quirky cast to a washed edgy trailer with a Plan B track used that's so out of place and a bunch of miserable protags that I'm immediately turned off by it.

Yup

I heard Fuse was a decent game, but either people had kept tabs on its transition from Overstrike to FUSE and hated it because of that, or people only knew of it as FUSE and didn't care because it looked like the blandest, greyest, most forgettable dudebro shooter.

Wonder whether it could've gained a following with its original aesthetic and gotten sequels/sustained support.

Caerith

Thing is though even that is was just a CGI trailer and a concept at first I really wanted to play this game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfUMw5KJ0Q

But then you get a bunch of 12 year olds in to tell you what they think, they tell you it sucks, like all 12 year olds do and you go after thier market ie the Greys of War style shooter and you get this shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijlVoaa1uqM

Funny thing is Sunset Overdrive looks like the kind of game Overstrike would have been. I mean we go from a colourful trailer with The Hives blaring out showcasing the quirky cast to a washed edgy trailer with a Plan B track used that's so out of place and a bunch of miserable protags that I'm immediately turned off by it.

I'm with you on this. Had it just come along later-- like to nowadays where you have hero shooters, or even just a post-Guardians of the Galaxy world-- they might have been confident enough to ignore the focus groups, or maybe even the testing would have agreed with them. Instead, too early, too hesitant, too forgettable.

DocSeuss

Anyone else in the beta that begins with B and rhymes with Atlleborn?

Yeah. Not a very good game, really bummed.

If you see a qued update just press the Up arrow.
Least that's what I do :X

My issue is hopping onto steam, ready to play a game, clicking on it, then discovering it's queued an update for two hours from now. I want the updates to happen when they're available, no waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom