• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Could you recommend a program for borderless windowed fullscreen? There's "Windowed Borderless Gaming" that I could try, but if there's a more robust/better/easier method, I'd be all for it.
Tried GeDoSaTo, and of course, it worked perfectly.

You're still the master.
It did? I'm actually surprised, the borderless windowed option in GeDoSaTo is one of its least well-tested (and compatible) features. I was about to suggest that Windowed Borderless Gaming is a pretty robust/easy tool ;)

Sort of Steam related (since the game is available on Steam), but I'm playing EVE Online again. Never much of a GAF presence for the game though (too hardcore?), but I might detail some more interesting exploits here.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. At least in that case it makes sense that he would know how to shoot or use power armor right outta the gate.
i think that's just something you gotta concede in order for the game to be a game. it's beth's fault for giving your character some dumb backstory that doesn't matter for shit but still, not too serious

i played a short bit, right up until you meet up with codsworth, so maybe like an hour or so?

not sure what to say so far, i think the whole setup was kind of interesting but it's over so soon i kind of wonder why it's even there. the whole
save your kid
motivation is super lame for a fallout game but i guess beth did the save your dad thing already so they're trying to get to all the immediate family before putting some dragons in or something

but it looks pretty and the roaches aren't nearly as bad for me as they were in new vegas. it's like they're less shiny and move less creepy or something. in fact they move really dumb, it's like they're sliding or something, it's pretty bad.

actually i kind of really enjoyed all that first bit, seeing all the process of ppl getting into the vaults and such, those things i've always had fun imagining and thinking about now i can see in first person in awesome detail, so that i liked quite a lot.

also i get really bad performance on the recommended settings so gotta turn it down a bunch i think. i think it looks really good, maybe not as good as witcha3 but i think ppl are crazy if they say it looks bad

Sarcasm

i think that's just something you gotta concede in order for the game to be a game. it's beth's fault for giving your character some dumb backstory that doesn't matter for shit but still, not too serious

i played a short bit, right up until you meet up with codsworth, so maybe like an hour or so?

not sure what to say so far, i think the whole setup was kind of interesting but it's over so soon i kind of wonder why it's even there. the whole save your kid motivation is super lame for a fallout game but i guess beth did the save your dad thing already so they're trying to get to all the immediate family before putting some dragons in or something

but it looks pretty and the roaches aren't nearly as bad for me as they were in new vegas. it's like they're less shiny and move less creepy or something. in fact they move really dumb, it's like they're sliding or something, it's pretty bad.

actually i kind of really enjoyed all that first bit, seeing all the process of ppl getting into the vaults and such, those things i've always had fun imagining and thinking about now i can see in first person in awesome detail, so that i liked quite a lot.

also i get really bad performance on the recommended settings so gotta turn it down a bunch i think. i think it looks really good, maybe not as good as witcha3 but i think ppl are crazy if they say it looks bad

Try just turning down shadows.

NEO0MJ

Just want to say I'm not totally happy with the changes that came with switching currency. While some games got cheaper as they should be, AAA games got more expensive. For example Fallout 4 is the equivalent of $80 for me! And Transformers Devastation became $60.

Just want to say I'm not totally happy with the changes that came with switching currency. While some games got cheaper as they should be, AAA games got more expensive. For example Fallout 4 is the equivalent of $80 for me! And Transformers Devastation became $60.
Yeah all activison games got more expensive apparently

Blitzhex

Ubisoft, Activision, Bethesda are more expensive now for me. I simply won't be buying any of their stuff anymore. They're doing my backlog a favor.

Ludens

Banned
No steam, No buy. I think they should dump the old pc version on steam at least, they sold it digitally in the gfwl store before.

Is it confirmed the game won't be released on Steam?
Didn't Microsoft say they want support Steam because it's great etc?

EDIT: I just discovered something weird. I took two screenshots from DS2 Sins, and...I took the SAME screenshots back in day in DS2 vanilla. Exactly the same. This is weird, lol.

Today's my birthday, yay

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one!.

lEwACD5.png

Deques

Happy happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Autumn Dynasty never made it to PC in the end, did it? Piqued my interest at the time that it hit Greenlight. Had been meaning to pick it up on iOS since (incidentally, it's on sale today).

Happy Birthday, Deques! Have a great day, mate. <insert now-obligatory jpg here>

I've been waiting for this game to come out of early access status.
Come out already!

Happy birthday~!

Happy bday dude :D

Game on dude.

Happy Birthday !

Ohhh, Noctropolis in a bundle, I still have the original release in CD-ROM.

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday ^_^

Happy birthday.

Happy birthday Deques. Now, go enjoy it!

Life is short, play more.

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one!.

lEwACD5.png

Thank you all

NEO0MJ

I guess I can join. Happy birthday!

Yeah all activison games got more expensive apparently

Not just them, and they're not the worst offenders oddly enough. This became like how on PSN games in my region are more expensive, even though they use the dollar. And in that case it extends to every game. That's why I switched entirely to my American account for buying games on PSN.

Ubisoft, Activision, Bethesda are more expensive now for me. I simply won't be buying any of their stuff anymore. They're doing my backlog a favor.

Well, GMG is still an option but yeah it's really annoying now.

Xanathus

Fallout 4 will not have load times!
Todd Howard talks about the upcoming sequel during recent interview
JUL 4, 2015 AT 5:01 PM

The quote about Todd Howard saying there is no load times in the entire game is completely false.

The site you linked to is only reposted that but the actual interview where they claim he said that is at
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/e3...ard-talks-mods-in-game-building-and-map-size/

The actual quote which he actually says is
Can you tell us how big the map's going to be?
"I avoid answering that, and I'll tell you why. If you look at our previous stuff, it's kind of like that. We don't actually measure it like that. Because Skyrim is one size, but the mountains take up a lot of space. That's not really a game place, it's in your way, you have to go around it, so we're not really doing that. In the city, it's very dense, but there is no load - like in Fallout 3, there's a load - for areas of the city, we don't do that. So it's very dense, the buildings are tall, and a lot of them are open, so you can just walk in and around, so... it's big. I wouldn't say, you know, if you played Skyrim, I couldn't tell you it's X bigger, so we're just saying it's about the same size."

He only says that there isn't a load in "the city". I haven't played Fallout 4 but I think he's referring to a large city area similar to the DC area in Fallout 3 which was separated out into lots of sub-sections that required loading between each one.

The quote about Todd Howard saying there is no load times in the entire game is completely false.

The site you linked to is only reposted that but the actual interview where they claim he said that is at
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/e3...ard-talks-mods-in-game-building-and-map-size/

The actual quote which he actually says is

He only says that there isn't a load in "the city". I haven't played Fallout 4 but I think he's referring to a large city area similar to the DC area in Fallout 3 which was separated out into lots of sub-sections that required loading between each one.

i'm drunk so i didn't fact check
oh well

Deques

I guess I can join. Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday Deques!

you share your birthday with my nephew

CTmVXmTU8AAECcd.jpg:large

here he is

was born an hour and a half ago

kid has an iron grip already

We share the best day in the entire year :)

happy birthday, Deques!

How do you pronounce your name? Dee-Qwees?

You are probably the first to ask. Since I made it up there is no proper pronunciation for it. But i pronounce it like diku:es.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom