• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

CTkgh8NWsAEdnW6.png:large

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Enjoy getting banned from NexusMods. :p

Lain

Played 5 hours of Clandestine and I've had a modicum of fun with it. The game is jankier than I was expecting (mostly weird animations behaviour) and the controls feel a bit weird in places but so far the idea of stealthing your way in while also hacking PCs and surveillance cameras, tagging guards to keep tabs on them etc is enjoyable.
Story doesn't seem anything to write home about but things still have to unfold so there's time for that.

I like that the main character you directly control is a redhead.

Pachimari

Does Fallout 4 become repetitive? The environments seem the same in all the pictures I see of it.

And yet I'm here thinking of impulse buying it.

Caerith

I've started a curator in order to identify games that don't support windowed mode. I apologize in advance for using the "police" tag, but for some reason Steam wouldn't let me choose a nicer name (or one that made sense, anyway) so I copied the reviled "fps police" thing.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/windowpolice/curation

If I ever make a game, I am making sure it is locked at 30 FPS and doesn't allow windowed mode for an easy +2 curator recommendations.

If I ever make a game, I am making sure it is locked at 30 FPS and doesn't allow windowed mode for an easy +2 curator recommendations.

:(

I can understand devs locking games to 30fps in some situations (as in, all those japanese ports, for example) but I think that windowed mode support should be the bare minimum.

zkylon

zkylewd
the fallout 4 intro is probably the worst of any serious fallout game and an improvement only to brotherhood of steel's laughable metal-fueled intro

but holy shit beth's writing staff is weak

my dad's was in the army in ww2 or something and then he died and NUCLEAR POWER AND ROBOTS! and i guess resources ran out because consumerism is bad or something and oh i was in the army too i forgot to tell you and well im gonna go wage nuclear war or something and war never changes even tho i didn't really talk what war was about but trust me it doesn't change at all

also no ron perlman?

seriously it's hilariously bad

first thing i did was alt tab and watch all the other intros. fallout 3's was actually quite alright, tho 1&2 are god tier to this day. new vegas isn't bad, they don't spend much time on the pre-war stuff since it's been done to death, but the cg was really dated even on release. tactics is kind of lame but it's not so bad

i'd say intro ranking would be: fo1 > fo2 > fo3 = fo new vegas >>> fo tactics >>> fo4 > fo pos

the fallout 4 intro is probably the worst of any serious fallout game and an improvement only to brotherhood of steel's laughable metal-fueled intro

my dad's was in the army in ww2 or something and then he died and NUCLEAR POWER AND ROBOTS! and i guess resources ran out because consumerism is bad or something and oh i was in the army too i forgot to tell you and well im gonna go wage nuclear war or something and war never changes even tho i didn't really talk what war was about but trust me it doesn't change at all

also no ron perlman?

first thing i did was alt tab and watch all the other intros. fallout 3's was actually quite alright, tho 1&2 are god tier to this day

Yeah, I can't believe that they took out Ron Perlman :(

MUnited83

For you.

also no ron perlman?

first thing i did was alt tab and watch all the other intros. fallout 3's was actually quite alright, tho 1&2 are god tier to this day
Oh yeah, it's goddamn terrible. Even more jarring if you play with a female character.
She's supposedly a damn lawyer and her world is completely changed in a spawn of what is around 5 minutes to her, with her husband murdered and son kidnapped and now in a world completely destroyed where everybody shoots at each other and monsters roam the streets, yet she acts like the most calm person in the world and it seems like she has been living on that world forever.
It's jarring as fuck and a perfect example of Bethesda's shoddy writing.

Drakhyrr

I'm playing New Vegas right now and I can't get over how everything just. makes. sense.

With that said, I also liked Fallout 3, and I have the impression I may still like Fallout 4. It's just that 3 was a good game, but a pretty bad Fallout.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh yeah, it's goddamn terrible. Even more jarring if you play with a female character.
She's supposedly a damn lawyer and her world is completely changed in a spawn of what is around 5 minutes to her, with her husband murdered and son kidnapped and now in a world completely destroyed where everybody shoots at each other and monsters roam the streets, yet she acts like the most calm person in the world and it seems like she has been living on that world forever.
Tell it like it is!
RM8Fvjf.gif

redlacs

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (redlacs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

How to survive -- MB-37868A5159152034 - Taken by Naaq. 6 entrants total.

t1447307314z1.png

Pachimari

I'm gonna stay away from Fallout 4, and try New Vegas with the Steam controller instead. I have only played 1-2 hour of that game anyway.

At this point, I don't even remember what I'm supposed to do in the main story quest. I've totally forgotten my main mission in the game lol.
Yeah, that's Bethesda writing for you.

Khronico

Having 18hrs of firsthand experience with the writing in F4, it is utterly mediocre at best and trash at worst. My standards were set very low before release so, in a weird way, I'm kinda at peace with it.

With that said, there hasn't been a second so far that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

20 hours of Fallout 4 since yesterday... it's safe to say I really like this game. I need to sleep now.

EDIT: Also I'm surprised at how little I've used VATS, I just used it in the last quest I did and that was maybe the 5th time I've used it so far. The gunplay is great and I'm not a huge fan of the slowed down time during VATS, wish it would stop totally.

Sch1sm

Having 18hrs of firsthand experience with the writing in F4, it is utterly mediocre at best and trash at worst. My standards were set very low before release so, in a weird way, I'm kinda at peace with it.

With that said, there hasn't been a second so far that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

20 hours of Fallout 4 since yesterday... it's safe to say I really like this game. I need to sleep now.

It's one of those titles, I see.

Grief.exe

also no ron perlman?

first thing i did was alt tab and watch all the other intros. fallout 3's was actually quite alright, tho 1&2 are god tier to this day. new vegas isn't bad, they don't spend much time on the pre-war stuff since it's been done to death, but the cg was really dated even on release. tactics is kind of lame but it's not so bad

i'd say intro ranking would be: fo1 > fo2 > fo3 = fo new vegas >>> fo tactics >>> fo4 > fo pos

Prior to Fallout 4's release, I would go into threads and people would write off criticism. They don't play Bethesda games for gameplay or for graphics.

So what exactly are they known for? Story? Quest Design? Lol

I wish gaming journalists would be more objections with their critique, analyzing mechanics and elements one by one to asses their place in the industry.

I played GoT Ep 4 last night and it was kind of boring... does Ep 5 get better or will I have to slog my way through it to get to Ep 6 so I can finish the damned thing and have it be muh 52nd game of the year

I liked the first 2 episodes enough and then I played Tales from the Borderlands before going back to GoT, maybe that was a mistake

any thoughts telltale gaf?
Told you it wasn't good, and I say that as a fan of the series.

MUnited83

For you.
Tell it like it is!
RM8Fvjf.gif

The only positive things so far are : better gunplay(and customization) and a surprisingly decent character creator

Quests so far have been pretty darn boring and written poorly even by Bethesda standards, which is quite amusing. There have been also a few "events" that are actually completely scripted set pieces that feel so wrong on a Fallout game.

I really think Fallout 4 doesnt really feel like a new title with lots of new improvements and really more like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Doesnt mean its bad (even though its janky as hell) but it feels like what each Assassins Creed is to the old ACs.

More of the same.

The old pc port was a garbage tier port.

Dogg seems to think it's alright, I think. Pretty sure he posted some 4k screens from it. :p

Edit:
What I'm getting at: Is it really a "garbage tier port" or is it a "dark souls garbage tier port"?
I honestly don't know that much about the port, other than it having an extra chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom