• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

We share the best day in the entire year :)

You are probably the first to ask. Since I made it there is no proper pronunciation for it. But i pronounce it like diku:es.

it's a great birthday isn't it? it's positioned RIGHT between two major holidays, and before thanksgiving too

kid is gonna have an awesome childhood... one month is halloween, next is birthday, next is christmas

Diablo 3's expansion has a price reduction, since the base game had a rough launch, I've never paid much attention to it later, how's D3 nowadays?

Diablo 3's expansion has a price reduction, since the base game had a rough launch, I've never paid much attention to it later, how's D3 nowadays?

do you like diablo gameplay?
because it's basically diablo 3 with better balance and the bullshit from vanilla stripped out according to my good friend nokterian (who needs to post in here more)

Ozium

happy birthday deques

tumblr_nq2o6lc0Kp1s7widdo1_250.gif

Lain

D3 is the best it's ever been right now (and the next patch that is now on the PTR is gonna add even more to it).
I consider it the best in the genre gameplay-wise, for what it's worth.

Monooboe

I love it, spent way too much time in it. Perfect thing to play while listening to podcasts. As other have said, for that type of game it is one of the best in it's current state.

I love it, spent way too much time in it. Perfect thing to play while listening to podcasts. As other have said, for that type of game it is one of the best in it's current state.
Good to hear, I'm gonna wait till the end of the year to see if there are further discounts, I still have many games on my hands.
Today new hearthstone adventure.
And i didnt even finished SC2 yet (Mission 12 of the main campaign)
Getting lots of content update is great, but man! Everyone of them is a money sink!

Tizoc

Square Enix should consider publishing this on Steam
22798281272_0847a64a5d.jpg

It's on PS4 atm, and is F2P, although there are IAPs/micro-transactions you never need to buy any of it
It's great for playing in short bursts and the graphics are cute.

Knurek

Square Enix should consider publishing this on Steam
22798281272_0847a64a5d.jpg

It's on PS4 atm, and is F2P, although there are IAPs/micro-transactions you never need to buy any of it
It's great for playing in short bursts and the graphics are cute.

Why should they consider putting Spelunky clones on Steam?
I mean, there's Spelunky on Steam. No need for anything else.
Joke post. Am perfectly aware Spelunky is a clone of Spelunker

yuraya

Fallout 4 will not have load times!
Todd Howard talks about the upcoming sequel during recent interview
JUL 4, 2015 AT 5:01 PM

I remember when the new consoles launched a few years ago someone from Bethesda was talking about how the 8gb of ram would completely get rid of load times. They were all excited about how their next game will be different from their previous games. So much for that hehe. They probably overestimated the power of the weak cpu's. I'm sure a lot of devs did.

thnxs for the heads up.

Tizoc

Why should they consider putting Spelunky clones on Steam?
I mean, there's Spelunky on Steam. No need for anything else.
Joke post. Am perfectly aware Spelunky is a clone of Spelunker

I have yet to start Spelunky myself.
My brother plays a lot on the Vita though, so I might convince him to give Spelunky a go.

I even have the dang game on PS4 I think, but I really need to put some time into playing it get addicted.

Refresh my memory though: In Spelunky jumping from a slightly high ledge to the ground only lets you lose a heart right? You don't die?

this explains it

maybe
Challenge you ball rolling skills in this hardcore attraction of entertainment. Prepare yourself for imminent despair as you roll through 48 levels of doom and tears!
And when you finally finish the game you have full room of improvement. Try getting time badges on all 60 levels, which will really test your skills and patience as you desperately trying to speedrun this level you spend 20 minutes on your first try! Will you accept the challenge!??

Features:

60 levels of pure tears and despair.*
Stars to collect and time records to set.
Ball skins to choose from.
Partial gamepad support.
Hardcore.
But good for casual play too, if you take it slow.**

*Tutorial levels actually quite forgiving, I promise!
**Seriously.

Today's my birthday, yay

hbd

i think that's just something you gotta concede in order for the game to be a game. it's beth's fault for giving your character some dumb backstory that doesn't matter for shit but still, not too serious

i played a short bit, right up until you meet up with codsworth, so maybe like an hour or so?

not sure what to say so far, i think the whole setup was kind of interesting but it's over so soon i kind of wonder why it's even there. the whole save your kid motivation is super lame for a fallout game but i guess beth did the save your dad thing already so they're trying to get to all the immediate family before putting some dragons in or something

but it looks pretty and the roaches aren't nearly as bad for me as they were in new vegas. it's like they're less shiny and move less creepy or something. in fact they move really dumb, it's like they're sliding or something, it's pretty bad.

actually i kind of really enjoyed all that first bit, seeing all the process of ppl getting into the vaults and such, those things i've always had fun imagining and thinking about now i can see in first person in awesome detail, so that i liked quite a lot.

also i get really bad performance on the recommended settings so gotta turn it down a bunch i think. i think it looks really good, maybe not as good as witcha3 but i think ppl are crazy if they say it looks bad

Game has been out for like a day, could you spoiler tag the story bits at least?

why are babies so ugly

You should see them when they come out.

Uzzy

I need a switch to sit on my desk (or to stick on my wall), in order to serve my PC, PS3 and PSTV. Any suggestions?

I need a switch to sit on my desk (or to stick on my wall), in order to serve my PC, PS3 and PSTV. Any suggestions?

You mean a network switch? I have the cheapest TP-Link one I could find (TP-Link TL-SF1005D, 10 bucks) and it's been in daily use with 3+ systems on it for 7 years now. Never a problem.

All this Fallout 4 presence made me remember my time with Fallout 3. Put around 70 hours into it but then had to part once I moved to another place and thus away from the friends PC I played it on.
What I remember is a sense of exploration up to the point of overwhelming. A huge world to find hundreds of places and secrets. It's not all sunshine though. Even if it was a gigantic world, almost all places looked too similar. Especially the underground railway systems were painfully similar. In the end I could not differ in many cases where I was unless looking at the map. And that was not very "friendly" to use either.
What I found nice was that I could not differ between the main quest and the many side quests. Every little progress felt worthy.
I did not go far in the story despite the close to 100 hours. Fallout games are a rabbit hole, you get as much out if it as you want. But they can get repetitive.

Today's my birthday, yay
Happy and healthy birthday buddy!
you share your birthday with my nephew

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CTmVXmTU8AAECcd.jpg:large

here he is

was born an hour and a half ago

kid has an iron grip already
It's the circle of life. Congrats on being an uncle!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Space Engineers planets are beautiful places to crash, out today

Now that space is well colonised by PC simulations, those same games have turned their attention to the surface. Much of the chatter around Elite: Dangerous, Star Citizen and Space Engineers at the moment concerns planetary landings - and they’re already implemented in the latter.

After two years of development, Keen Software are ready to roll out their biggest update yet, which will “reinvent the way you experience Space Engineers”.

Space Engineers’ worlds aren’t assembled from regular quadrilaterals, as you might have extrapolated from its Minecrafty, modular ships. They’re lush, green landscapes - undulating natural plains pockmarked by shallow indents and isolated buttes reminiscent of Monument Valley (the Colorado Western setting, not Kevin Spacey’s favourite iOS game). The technology comes courtesy of Keen's other early access project, Medieval Engineers.

Here’s a clip of Keen Software mastermind and self-improving AI dreamer Marek Rosa messing about in a mothership just above the surface of a planet. He drops into the ship through a hole in the roof, drifts over the trees and crags, and eventually plunges his vessel into a rock face. As we all will.

There’s an odd juxtaposition between the Lego ships and the lavish surface - I'm remembering the visiting cartoons in Bedknobs and Broomsticks and Space Jam. But it looks wonderful, does it not?

It's been a good week for me on Steam Gifts.

kdlk7xm.png
How? I spend too much time there and barely win more than small non-bundle fodder.
Anyone want to buy a fallout 4 key for $40USD? Funstock Digital swindled me! Its actually cheaper than I bought it for but now I have 2 keys and just want to get rid of one. 4 days of asking for a refund like they suggested I do and no response. Not sure if this is the thread but I figure it is a steam game.
I'd buy that for a dollar!

redlacs

"The developers of Goat Simulator and I Am Bread are teaming up to offer new GoatBread-themed DLC. Both quirky indie successes will gain new DLC themed around the GoatBread crossover event in the coming weeks.
I Am Bread gets a new RAMpage mode. No other details are available and we can't even imagine what this might entail. Goat Simulator gets a... playable piece of bread.
Both updates will be free via Steam."

All this Fallout 4 presence made me remember my time with Fallout 3. Put around 70 hours into it but then had to part once I moved to another place and thus away from the friends PC I played it on.
What I remember is a sense of exploration up to the point of overwhelming. A huge world to find hundreds of places and secrets. It's not all sunshine though. Even if it was a gigantic world, almost all places looked too similar. Especially the underground railway systems were painfully similar. In the end I could not differ in many cases where I was unless looking at the map. And that was not very "friendly" to use either.
What I found nice was that I could not differ between the main quest and the many side quests. Every little progress felt worthy.
I did not go far in the story despite the close to 100 hours. Fallout games are a rabbit hole, you get as much out if it as you want. But they can get repetitive.

I'm 12 hours or so in, but about 3 or 4 of that is letting my significant other clean up, re-arrange and build up my little (not story spoiler, probably not a spoiler at all because it's an aspect of this game that wasn't in previous games that's been advertised so don't click if you don't want to)
settlement

But so far, the bolded section above seems to be their biggest improvement. From screenshots, it's pretty easy to say that everything just looks like brown wasteland. But they've packed in all these pops of color that really shine when you're playing.

By far the best improvement to me, the "dungeon" areas actually resemble, get this, the buildings they're supposed to be! Vertically-minded, multiple entrances/exits and side rooms that aren't just tacked on to long hallways or grid-based maps. So much better.

I'm 12 hours or so in, but about 3 or 4 of that is letting my significant other clean up, re-arrange and build up my little (not story spoiler, probably not a spoiler at all because it's an aspect of this game that wasn't in previous games that's been advertised so don't click if you don't want to)
settlement

But so far, the bolded section above seems to be their biggest improvement. From screenshots, it's pretty easy to say that everything just looks like brown wasteland. But they've packed in all these pops of color that really shine when you're playing.

By far the best improvement to me, the "dungeon" areas actually resemble, get this, the buildings they're supposed to be! Vertically-minded, multiple entrances/exits and side rooms that aren't just tacked on to long hallways or grid-based maps. So much better.
Really nice. The samey look to areas and dungeons were my biggest gripes. Those being remedied sounds very fun.

Arthea

Talking about lack of loyalty, I'll play some PS3 games until I fix my PC
don't judge

I have the same problem as with steam games, tho, to finish some unfinished games, start new, if new which to choose? Nothing ever changes.

How? I spend too much time there and barely win more than small non-bundle fodder.

I have absolutely no idea. I'll go months without a win and then pick up a few in a short space of time. Usually it's just DLC and bundle trash, though.

I see some people on there winning multiple times a week, every week, and then there's others like my friend, been on there more than a year and the only win she has was from a giveaway of 300000 keys. I guess this was my lucky week.

Would you happen to be Craigtendo64? If so...that's some luck you pulled on trails o__o

Yup, that's me. Highlight of my week, lol.

Arthea

Where's that Ignore button.
Do enjoy 720p30 with crappy IQ :p

thank you, sunshine!

I'll try

getting back to steam, depending on Lightning's return, I might pick one or two more games this year day one and that's it. I'm not even sure about Higurashi, I could wait with it too, the winter sale is coming, after all.

I have absolutely no idea. I'll go months without a win and then pick up a few in a short space of time. Usually it's just DLC and bundle trash, though.

I see some people on there winning multiple times a week, every week, and then there's others like my friend, been on there more than a year and the only win she has was from a giveaway of 300000 keys. I guess this was my lucky week.

It's how our world works, some people have all the luck, some - none, some - some, some - sometimes.
and there are those of us that have bad luck, pity us!

dex3108

I opened my PC case today and it was horror. No shrooms but dust everywhere. i vacuumed as much as i could but i still need to use compressed air. I really need to find better air vent dust protectors .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom