• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd

Grief.exe

Fallout 4 will not have load times!
Todd Howard talks about the upcoming sequel during recent interview
JUL 4, 2015 AT 5:01 PM

Oh Todd

TAGURcx.png

chronomac

I guess some people missed this.
The quote about Todd Howard saying there is no load times in the entire game is completely false.

The site you linked to is only reposted that but the actual interview where they claim he said that is at
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/e3...ard-talks-mods-in-game-building-and-map-size/

The actual quote which he actually says is
Can you tell us how big the map's going to be?
"I avoid answering that, and I'll tell you why. If you look at our previous stuff, it's kind of like that. We don't actually measure it like that. Because Skyrim is one size, but the mountains take up a lot of space. That's not really a game place, it's in your way, you have to go around it, so we're not really doing that. In the city, it's very dense, but there is no load - like in Fallout 3, there's a load - for areas of the city, we don't do that. So it's very dense, the buildings are tall, and a lot of them are open, so you can just walk in and around, so... it's big. I wouldn't say, you know, if you played Skyrim, I couldn't tell you it's X bigger, so we're just saying it's about the same size."

He only says that there isn't a load in "the city". I haven't played Fallout 4 but I think he's referring to a large city area similar to the DC area in Fallout 3 which was separated out into lots of sub-sections that required loading between each one.

zkylon

zkylewd
turning shadows only down didn't help, but moved everything down to high and getting 55-60 so if i just turn down aa i should be ok

i wanna open the console tho, need that plasticsurgeon

Spoiler tags are hard as fuck. Is it "spoiler" or "spoilers"? Does the slash go in the first part or the second? I can never remember.
i can relate

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Night Dive Acquires Full Rights to System Shock franchise, full remake in works

Night Dive are responsible for the recent Enhanced Edition of the original System Shock and in an interview with Fast Company, CEO Stephen Kick explained that his company have “acquired the full rights to the franchise” and have been working with the game’s original concept artist as they develop a full remake of the game. Talks about a possible System Shock 3 have also begun, although Night Dive admit they would need outside help to achieve something on that scale.

Of a sequel, head of business development at Night Dive Larry Kuperman says: “To really do another game in that series is going to take resources and time and commitment that we don’t have, and it’s really not our core business.” However, the rights to make that sequel have now been removed from the legal limbo they appeared to exist in for so long. From the Fast Company article, Jared Newman tells the story:

…due to confusion over who owned the series’ rights and trademarks, the only way to get System Shock 2 was to acquire an old physical copy or pirate the software, and any potential sequels were out of the question. After some digging, I found that the game’s rights wound up at a Michigan-based insurance company. A lawyer for that company told me his clients were willing to sell. Kick now tells me that this story was the catalyst for his first business deal.

The full tale, involving trips to Guatemala and GOG is well worth reading. Along with the System Shock talk, there’s also an insight into Night Dive’s business, from discussions with Harlan Ellison about sci-fi horror adventure I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream, to failed attempts to revive No One Lives Forever.

What we don’t have yet are details about the System Shock remake itself. Beyond the involvement of concept artist Robert Waters, there’s no information as yet. Of Waters return to the game, Kick says: “Seeing the difference between his artistic abilities back then compared to now, and his ablity to reinterpret those ideas, it’s just been really exciting for us.”

Whether Night Dive will incorporate community work into their remake isn’t yet clear. Alice wrote about one remake last year and that project recently moved to Unity 5. You can read more about it at its IndieDB page.

rickyson1

The post-apocalyptic RPG that is actually good is almost here!

what kind of time period is Underrail inspired by anyways?

actually matters to me quite a bit for whatever reason,the 50s thing is one of the reasons I don't care for Fallout meanwhile I was completely fine with the setting of the 80s based Wasteland

question about insurgency. they have a FUCK TON amount of updates (each 500+ mb) and I was wondering if they delete the previous one? a big update like that once a week or twice a month quickly ranks up

I believe they do.

It used to be 10 GB but I'm now showing a 8.5 GB installed folder. Thats including a few 100Mbs of stuff from workshop. And I've had it installed and updating for a year now.

They specifically mentioned in one update that it would reduce installed size by paring and removing redundancies.

chronomac

Digital Foundry: What does it take to run Fallout 4 at 1080p60?
Overall, Fallout 4 is an eminently scalable game - the fact that we can pair a Core i5 processor with a GTX 960 and get close to a locked 1080p60 with an improved visual presentation over console is a pretty decent feat. Like the console versions, the PC release has its issues, but after spending the last week with the PC version, we feel pretty confident in saying that it's the best of the bunch - and you don't need a supremely powerful computer to get a good experience.

damn, that's beyond bad

lemme laugh a lot
they say it all the time, PC support, steam support, etc. Those are just words.

Not really. Things take time to load into memory. There's going to be loading screens at some point in time in every game.

But you're right about the second half. Those are just words.

Is it confirmed the game won't be released on Steam?
Didn't Microsoft say they want support Steam because it's great etc?

EDIT: I just discovered something weird. I took two screenshots from DS2 Sins, and...I took the SAME screenshots back in day in DS2 vanilla. Exactly the same. This is weird, lol.

It's a first party title like Killer Instinct and Halo. Gears will not be Steamworks. It will be Win10 Store exclusive. I'd love to be wrong on this, but I seriously doubt I will be.

Talking of ports that will actually happen and not unfettered erinaceinae desires, Tomb Raider is rather purtty.

Well excessive bloom and film grain aside. Hopefully you'd be able to dial them back a bit (or off in the case of film grain) for the PC release. Motion blur (per object at that) though is ace but due to the fucking fiddly way you take screenshots on an Xbone it's a pain to capture a shot that doesn't look like some bugger has smudged it.

Did you cave and buy an X1? :\

First SEGA ports Sonic boom.
It wont sell.
"Guess PC-Players dont want our games anymore"-
Total Warhammer cancelled.
Sony and Microsoft embrace hardcore DRM.
Ouyas time to shine.
Ouya 2 released.
Alien: Isolation 2 as well as Vanquish 2 start pre-production as Ouya exclusive.
Turns out brand loyal people actually like the embracement of hardcore DRM.
Ouya 2 flops. Again.
Alien: Isolation 2 and Vanquish 2 get ported to Sony and Microsoft, but suffer severe technical issues due to that.
They flop.
Sega files for bankruptcy.
Sega gets bought by activision.
Activison cares about their ip's as much as about Crash Bandicoot.
5 years of nothing.
People get tired of annual COD's and Sklyanders.
Activision files for bankruptcy.
Activision is bought by CDProjekt RED.
CDRED updates their catalogue to work on Windows XII and rereleases Yakuza, Vanquish and co. on GOG and Steam.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

nothing hard about it, works like any other tags
SPOILER

/SPOILER

in [ ]

literally like any other

Or just use the editor with the button for it? Even easier.

Tizoc

I just got scammed out of my copy of Just Cause 3 on Steam and now I feel like a complete idiot. Console me.

What happened?

Devil Third on PC will be F2P?
Also why not release single-player too?

IIRC the contract for releasing Devil's Third states that only the Wii U gets the SP portion of the game or something.
Maybe that'll change in a few years and the SP will get on Steam, who knows.

Dr Dogg

Did you cave and buy an X1? :\

Maaaaaaybe. The alternative was have me bang on about it for 4-5 months. Plus I had been thinking about it for a couple of months as there was enough titles out that I was interested in and plenty more coming next year. Also as soon as I picked up Gears Ultimate it got a rating listing for PC so that's a plus for everybody right?

Ive said it before and ill say it again, todd howard is full of shit, he spews nonsense pr. Kojima does the same but at least he comes through sometimes. Howard still makes good games though.

shockdude

Most important question for us here - does DS4Windows' Exclusive Mode works without hacks now?
I don't have a DS4 but I thought DS4Windows was fixed a month ago or so?

Gonna have to check if there are any useful things for consumers in the Windows 10 update.

Knurek

Good news everyone. Even if Valve doesn't want to learn to count to three, there's already a Portal 3 available on Steam.

header.jpg

Look at that adorable kitten. Wouldn't you want to pet it? Wouldn't you?

(Also, any game staring Iashman is a great game in my book)

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't care this weather is making me sick yet again, my hair looking fabulous

Good news everyone. Even if Valve doesn't want to learn to count to three, there's already a Portal 3 available on Steam.

header.jpg

Look at that adorable kitten. Wouldn't you want to pet it? Wouldn't you?

(Also, any game staring Iashman is a great game in my book)

that's such a bad picture

how in the fuck they even got to that

Oh how many decades before I learn "quicksave quicksave quicksave"!
also hardsave hardsave hardsave

hardsave before every new area you encounter, every few hours you play and every major npc you meet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom