• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

also hardsave hardsave hardsave

hardsave before every new area you encounter, every few hours you play and every major npc you meet

Oh shit, you're right, haven't done it once and I've played FO4 10 hours, need to start making some backup saves asap!

Copons

I'm starting to get interested too, if only because it seems like their Code Veronica moment.

You're right, with great NOPARSE comes great responsibility.

[plain][plain][SPOILER]Also the dog is your baby.[/SPOILER][/plain][/plain]

It would be SO cool if Ian McKellen was my son.

And a dog!!

I'm starting to get interested too, if only because it seems like their Code Veronica moment.

You're right, with great NOPARSE comes great responsibility.

[plain][plain][SPOILER]Also the dog is your baby.[/SPOILER][/plain][/plain]

golden-retriever-stare.gif

Kriken

Good news everyone. Even if Valve doesn't want to learn to count to three, there's already a Portal 3 available on Steam.

header.jpg

Look at that adorable kitten. Wouldn't you want to pet it? Wouldn't you?

(Also, any game staring Iashman is a great game in my book)

Time for a refund

donny2112

They better release it on Steam (or are you referring to DX12?)

There was conjecture that DX12 would be required, and that only works on Windows 10. Steam included. I hope not, as I don't have any plans to upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10 anytime soon. Not even sure if just upgrading would give me DX12, anyways.

Granjinha

It's a first party title like Killer Instinct and Halo. Gears will not be Steamworks. It will be Win10 Store exclusive. I'd love to be wrong on this, but I seriously doubt I will be.

Hmm, i don't know. MS had a survey for the Fable Legends Closed Beta testers asking about Steam and if people played on steam/preferred steam. We'll see what that was about.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The "Indiegala Premium" Bundle

The "Indiegala Premium" Bundle consisting of 8 topnotch Steam Games is Live!

Pay $14.89 (ONLY FIRST 24h) or more to get this bundle full of spectacular Steam games!

Pay $3.89 or more to get these Steam games and SAVE OVER 95%!

Agent Awesome (STEAM)
Bloop Reloaded (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Broadsword : Age of Chivalry (STEAM)
Pixel Puzzles 2: Anime (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Pixel Puzzles 2: Birds (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Silence of the Sleep (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

Pay $14.89 (ONLY FIRST 24h) or more to get this bundle full of Steam games and SAVE OVER 90%!

Gas Guzzlers Extreme (STEAM) + :tradingcard:
Starpoint Gemini 2 (STEAM) + :tradingcard:

https://www.indiegala.com/premium

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Fear Equation is a horror sim set on a haunted train

The world has been consumed by fog that brings nightmares to life and you've been awarded a leadership role on a train trapped in the evil murk, what do you do?

This bastard-hard job interview question also serves as the premise of Screwfly's upcoming horror management game, Fear Equation, which follows on from the almost-great Zafehouse Diaries and Deadnaut. Like its predecessors, Fear Equation simulates group behaviour in high-pressure scenarios. You send passengers out into the fog to acquire supplies, plot routes for the train and resolve arguments between faction leaders that can "swing the balance of power".

In Screwfly games your charges are as much a threat as the supernatural event that's destroying the world. In this scenario passenger dreams can come to life and kill you, so you have to monitor dream diaries "to discover what kind of horrors will attack the train—and how to defeat them". Fears include "devils", "spiders" and "getting old". If your passengers think you're doing a bad job, you get to experience a bonus nightmare called 'being thrown off a train by an angry mob'.

Fear Equation traps you in a carriage full of rusted cranks and old instruments. It's a weird train, but captures some of the submarine claustrophobia that worked so well in Deadnaut. It's full chunky analogue machinery that I want to tap and crank. Hopefully, like Soma and Alien: Isolation, Fear Equation can capture the tactile pleasure of operating big old machines.

Fear Equation is "coming soon". Here is the official site, if you're interested, and some screenshots.

Tizoc

LORD, Milamber, can you gift to ME regions?

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul confirmed for November 27th

I know some people here were interested in that game.

Interesting tidbit from the article:

Hope that's true and that they'll apply this rebalancing to the console ver. as well :p
Will pick it up but hopefully find it for cheap somewhere.

NOLF is pretty much never going to happen after what they previously discussed - at least I think it was nolf that had all the issues iirc

Pfft they'll get it sorted out eventually, just join in in the blind hype.
I mean there's a Nintendo Direct in 5 hour's time, how could anything be more saddening or disappointing~

Phinor

Syndicate is taking forever to come out. Hours feel like day. Days feel like weeks.

It couldn't release at a worse time. Right in the middle of all these other games. How about we delay it until early next year to give it room to breathe?

I'm actually looking forward to Syndicate though. Might not be able to play it until December but it looks like a good one.

Madn

Dark-Souls.jpg

I finished playing Dark Souls (extremely LTTP) and while the whole game was great experience I have to say I was a bit let down from the ending.
I reached the last area (Lost Izalith) after doing the DLC, so with the levels I had I was able to traverse it fairly quickly. And here started the problems. Bed of Chaos is a terbile concept for a boss and I didn't find the fight entertaining at all. After finally beating him, however, I was still pumped up for the final fight with Gwin. I traversed my last white fog full of anticipation, but the fight lasted something like 20 seconds. I could parry all of his attacks and he was done, while I was hoping for something more grandiose.
Still, I really loved that right after the credits they put tou right back at the beginning, ready for another run. I'll probably wait before completing New Game + as I have to take care of my backlog, but I definetly want to revist it

zkylon

zkylewd
can't say it's not enjoyable to listen to your character talk in fo4

i'd rather have better dialogue options but you know, i like this too

i'm playing it on survival which said it had non-instant stimpaks, but we'll see how it goes. so far i one shot every bug i find

Oh shit, you're right, haven't done it once and I've played FO4 10 hours, need to start making some backup saves asap!
i got the habit of hardsaving a whole lot from old rpgs so basically i just do it every short while no matter what

i'll delete 90% of those hardsaves after i'm done with the game, but you know, it's a nice feeling to have knowing that youre never gonna lose that much progress

im still getting used to the new looting. the hover over things to loot change messed me up. i keep hitting button to back out and keep opening pip boy instead

Dsyndrome

can't say it's not enjoyable to listen to your character talk in fo4

i'd rather have better dialogue options but you know, i like this too

I haven't said anything sarcastic or condescending yet, does he come off as a complete douche? Because he sounds optimistic as all get out in every conversation I have, along with being clueless since he's not from there.

zkylon

zkylewd
im still getting used to the new looting. the hover over things to loot change messed me up. i keep hitting button to back out and keep opening pip boy instead
while i appreciate you can finally press i to access your inventory, i just like the gamepad controls much better

I haven't said anything sarcastic or condescending yet, does he come off as a complete douche? Because he sounds optimistic as all get out in every conversation I have, along with being clueless since he's not from there.
i'm playing a female character and like usually been mostly being a jerk to everyone and voiceacting seems pretty ok for now

writing is hit and miss in my experience and the summary dialogue choices are pretty rough, i don't like them at all

still too expensive

i don't go for kyaa kyaa games unless they're $5 or less

unless they make recettear 2 or chantelise 2

i'd go full preorder for those games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom