• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul

pvFDc3d.jpg

Tizoc

I am hoping personally this is the D trilogy they said they were interested in bringing to PCs, which would be D, Enemy Zero, and D2.

D_Coverart.png
cover-e0ss.jpg
d200dc0f.jpg

Very original series, gaming lost a creative mind when the director died.

Dusk could you make a thread about this series? I think maybe one was made years ago but I can't seem to find it.

sanhora

Ghostlight said:
Meanwhile since the Steam release of Mugen Souls we’ve been very busy evaluating games for us to pick up, and I’m very pleased to say that we are now very close to agreeing deals for two of them in particular. The first of these is a Steam release of a Japanese action game to, which has probably been one of the more requested games we’ve had at late. I’m hoping to be able to share more details of it in the future, but I guess I should probably wait until the deal is actually signed :).

From http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/the-gog-big-fall-sale-is-upon-us

Well, looks like that if I get a game on PS4 thinking that it won't come to PC it'll get announced shortly after. Happened with Helldivers and DQ: Heroes, now let's wait for Bloodborne.

Joke, but I'm really salty that I didn't wait for those two.

Turfster

Daily Beyond Eyes 40% off
Weekend
  • grav 66% off
  • klei publisher weekend up to 85% off FREE WEEKEND
  • I am bread + goat simulator 66% off

louiedog

Hmm. I've been away for a bit and I just noticed that my email from GMG on Oct 9 says my credit expires tomorrow, the 13th. The support article and emails friends got later say the 24th.

Anyone know if some accounts are expiring earlier or if they changed the date?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Dusk could you make a thread about this series? I think maybe one was made years ago but I can't seem to find it.

I literally just made a thread on Frictional Game's catalog since I finally got them all done with Amnesia: Justine yesterday, but I can at some point.

To explain them in basic, they were an old trilogy of games (they have no story connections, but all star the same main character in kind of alternate universes to each other). They were made by a gamedev who had a very 'rockstar' attitude, he thought about games very different than anyone else I know in the industry, his interviews are fascinating. He passed away too young back in 2012, though.

The first one, D, is maybe not worth re-playing, unless you really have a thing for the type of game it is. It was one of the first wholey-CGI pre-rendered games, it's a completely pre-rendered game that's a point'n'click with a time limit where you must solve puzzles and reach the end before two hours are up, as in the narrative a portal will close. Has some interesting elements.

Enemy Zero is the second game in the trilogy, despite not having 'D' in the title it definitely fits in with the other two. Firstly it has a very nice soundtrack to it. It features first-person shooter gameplay, but very... Different. You only have one weapon, a weapon that needs to be charged up after every shot, takes about 5-8 seconds to charge after you shoot a shot so you have to be careful with where you shoot... And the enemies in the game are invisible aliens, you can't see them, only hear them, and have a rough detector later in that can kind of detect when they're getting closer to you, so you have to predict where they are based off of all this and fire, miss and try to survive to get another shot (you die if they get you, though). Game is mixed-up with pre-rendered point'n'click elements when you enter in rooms like D, and the game has a surprisingly nice story to it, hammy acting, but a kind of touching character-driven story.

Finally, D2 was the oddest of the three. Was a Dreamcast game (the previous 2 had PC ports and also came out for the SEGA Saturn), stars the same main character on a plane trip, but suddenly a group of terrorists/cultists try to hijack the plane, it seems the FBI were onto this ploy and are on the scene, but as this is all happening, a meteorite suddenly hits into the plane and it crashes down into Canadian wilderness. game has you hunting and scavenging for food, you hunt for heat and food in the wilderness of snowy Canada... But then suddenly monsters can wander the wilderness and if they catch you, you go into an RPG battle where you are stationary and cannot move, but enemies approach you and you use your weapons and supplies to fend them off (kind of like a shooting gallery). When you enter lodges/cabins/rooms, you go to a first-person view and it becomes like a point'n'click. It also has really good music, and an actually pretty interesting and deep storyline.

Basic run-down of the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom