• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I actually knew about D on PSOne, didn't know about its successor games though.
Where can I read about the gamedev of the series?

Cth

I need help remembering an upcoming(?) game if anyone can help..

Things I seem to recall
- It's an early access title.
- It's a spy/sniper type game.
- It's set at a party and the player has a time limit to identify the target who may be wearing a disguise.

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GRAV Free Weekend Starts Now!

Play GRAV For Free Starting Now!

Starting now until 10AM PST November 15, GRAV will be free to play. Also, loot crates on official servers have an opportunity to drop free GRAV Steam keys!

If you find one of these keys, redeem them by following the instructions found in the blueprint menu (open inventory menu and find the item from the top right list).

Once again, free GRAV Steam keys are found on official servers only.

Have fun!

With DQH coming to PC, I'm expecting to see Star Ocean 5 on PC too in the future.

Wouldn't that be something

PeskyLateHatchetfish.gif

Messiah

Things I seem to recall
- It's set at a party and the player has a time limit to identify the target who may be wearing a disguise.

Spy Party

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I actually knew about D on PSOne, didn't know about its successor games though.
Where can I read about the gamedev of the series?

His name was Kenji Eno, he tackled a lot of the elements of his game, kind of worked in all areas of development with his team, including writing, music making, directing, programming, etc. He died at the age of 42.

Here was an interview with him in a magazine back when he was working on Enemy zero, the magazine released the scan when his death came around: http://www.outofprintarchive.com/articles/interviews/Dreamcast/Warp_D2-OSSM32-1.html

Here was an unpublished interview with him published on hi death: http://kotaku.com/5987522/kenji-eno-speaks-his-mind-in-this-unpublished-interview

Here's Gamestop's interview with him around when D2 came out: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/interview-with-kenji-eno/1100-2446022/

Here's an interview 1Up had with him:
http://www.1up.com/features/kenji-eno-breaks-silence

---

Upon his death, he was working on a new game, also a really weird one. His team in honor of him have continued making it and are still working on it. They have said they want his last creative vision to come to reality.

The game's name is KAKEXUN, and here was a PV trailer of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfoOOarBiY
Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3FB7zl3-4

The game, in basic, is a game about math, the world, and self. To quote the description of the gameplay:

Gameplay is to be divided into two kinds of phases. In action phases, the player must choose from an array of available numbers to fill in the blanks in a mathematical formula. They will have limited time to think because this must be done in time to the beat of music, with the beat of the music increasing in pace over the course of the game. If the player completes the formula correctly, the world reacts with a joyful sound and a mountain rises from the ground. Failure, on the other hand, gets the player a dischordant sound followed by the world crumbling a bit.

In the playable "story" phases, the player is to learn more about the setting but still have things to do. The player's world will be invaded by creatures sent by a hyperdimensional conscience called Dimension N, a dimension made of numbers and ruled by polygons and polyhedrons. The player will need to fight those creatures off, though there is currently no information available about how that is to be done.

In a sense, the game is to be the cycle of an entity that doesn't understand itself or the world in which it exists manipulating its environs to give itself more to explore and try to understand. Doing better at the math problems makes the mountains grow taller, but why the magma feel compelled to make the tallest mountains possible? What is atop them? Eventually, a boy and a girl come into the picture as well, though their part in the story has yet to be explained.

kakexun-thumb-480x270-13538.jpg

---

NightDive recently said they'd be interested in bringing the whole Trilogy to modern PCs, and since they said three game announcements at once, it got me thinking maybe they got rights to it. The company, Warp, are pretty nice and open, and they do have this new game coming up in 2016.

zkylon

zkylewd

Things I seem to recall

spy party, chris hecker's game

looked pretty cool a million years ago and the redone visuals looked great but it's been such a logn time i've lost almost all interest on it

Invisible, Inc. at 50% off is a steal. Buy it you fools.
eh, roguelikes

i respect the genre but they're for other people, not me

Tizoc

His name was Kenji Eno, he tackled a lot of the elements of his game, kind of worked in all areas of development with his team, including writing, music making, directing, programming, etc. He died at the age of 42.

Here was an interview with him in a magazine back when he was working on Enemy zero, the magazine released the scan when his death came around: http://www.outofprintarchive.com/articles/interviews/Dreamcast/Warp_D2-OSSM32-1.html

Here was an unpublished interview with him published on hi death: http://kotaku.com/5987522/kenji-eno-speaks-his-mind-in-this-unpublished-interview

Here's Gamestop's interview with him around when D2 came out: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/interview-with-kenji-eno/1100-2446022/

Here's an interview 1Up had with him:
http://www.1up.com/features/kenji-eno-breaks-silence

---

Upon his death, he was working on a new game, also a really weird one. His team in honor of him have continued making it and are still working on it. They have said they want his last creative vision to come to reality.

The game's name is KAKEXUN, and here was a PV trailer of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khfoOOarBiY
Promo Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP3FB7zl3-4

The game, in basic, is a game about math, the world, and self. To quote the description of the gameplay:

kakexun-thumb-480x270-13538.jpg

gONNA bookmark this post when I get back home thanks mate. I always enjoy reading about JP game developers :D

Off topic but uh,
have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Crunchyroll yet :p

Momentary

Banned
As much as I want Dragon Quest Heroes... Is this made by Omega Force without Koei Tecmo's hands in the pot?

Saint Seiya on the other hand is a day one purchase. Dimps and QLOC. No problem.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
gONNA bookmark this post when I get back home thanks mate. I always enjoy reading about JP game developers :D

Off topic but uh,
have you watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Crunchyroll yet :p

Be interested to hear your thoughts. Basically, he was kind of a rebellious rockstar type, he originally loved movies but came to love games since he viewed them to be more expressive of entertainment and experience medium, how you could go past just watching. He also really was critical of Japanese devs for not experimenting and trying to create these cliche characters and set-ups told over and over again, and preferred Western games and films due to their bigger focus on gameplay than fitting into these expected trends. He also believed music was super important to games, and the games he created. He also loved travelling, and seeing the world, and liked to go to parties and concerts, and had left originally to make his own game studio after working at Bandai since he hated the rules they would put on game development, and established his own company at the age of 18. People who have worked with him have a very positive opinion as him and how he would involve the whole team creatively to explore the things they wanted to in their games, and not be broken down or encouraged to go by the norm. He also was a huge fan of classic adventure games.

And haven't started yet, though plan to eventually~

Arthea

you guys! DQH will be the first good KT port, you'll see

yeah, changing reality with words again, it works after all, believe!

edited: also please SE, pretty please publish SO5 on steam, everything will be forgiven if
you do, a good port too, you can do it

Knurek

ArjanN

So what have people been requesting?

Bloodborne, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Metal Wolf Chaos.

take your pick :p

Bought. Invisible Inc is awesome.

I now own officially everything Klei has ever created on steam.

I don't think they've put out a bad game, so it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Is that true in the end only few stats that matter in balance like most helpful review state?

kinda put me off after reading that one.

Not really. The game isn't really about stats anyway.

Momentary

Banned
Concerning K-T

If their games were ONE FOR ONE ports of the PS4 version with NO graphics options I would support them. But their ports are below those standards. They don't have a single game that meets that base line. Other than Yaiba.

Tizoc

Be interested to hear your thoughts. Basically, he was kind of a rebellious rockstar type, he originally loved movies but came to love games since he viewed them to be more expressive of entertainment and experience medium, how you could go past just watching. He also really was critical of Japanese devs for not experimenting and trying to create these cliche characters and set-ups told over and over again, and preferred Western games and films due to their bigger focus on gameplay than fitting into these expected trends. He also believed music was super important to games, and the games he created. He also loved travelling, and seeing the world, and liked to go to parties and concerts, and had left originally to make his own game studio after working at Bandai since he hated the rules they would put on game development, and established his own company at the age of 18. People who have worked with him have a very positive opinion as him and how he would involve the whole team creatively to explore the things they wanted to in their games, and not be broken down or encouraged to go by the norm. He also was a huge fan of classic adventure games.

And haven't started yet, though plan to eventually~

You know that sounds like someone I read about in the 'Untold History of Japanese game developers' did he by any chance make a game that was intended for blind/color blind people? It was a game made of only audio.

Obviously that's about El Shaddai

Hey, guys, El Shaddai is coming to Steam.

El Bloody Shaddai!

ZZUgXnj.gif

Tizoc

^Yup that one.
Thought it could be any other game ;P
Concerning K-T

If their games were ONE FOR ONE ports of the PS4 version with NO graphics options I would support them. But their ports are below those standards. They don't have a single game that meets that base line. Other than Yaiba.

But K-T only PUBLISHED Yaiba, they didn't develop it.

I finished playing Dark Souls (extremely LTTP) and while the whole game was great experience I have to say I was a bit let down from the ending.
I reached the last area (Lost Izalith) after doing the DLC, so with the levels I had I was able to traverse it fairly quickly. And here started the problems. Bed of Chaos is a terbile concept for a boss and I didn't find the fight entertaining at all. After finally beating him, however, I was still pumped up for the final fight with Gwin. I traversed my last white fog full of anticipation, but the fight lasted something like 20 seconds. I could parry all of his attacks and he was done, while I was hoping for something more grandiose.
Still, I really loved that right after the credits they put tou right back at the beginning, ready for another run. I'll probably wait before completing New Game + as I have to take care of my backlog, but I definetly want to revist it
Agree with almost all. Gwyn was easier than imagined from an end boss but to me it fit very well. The serene music, the gorgeous Kiln, even that the black knights came one after another, visible in an open path, all this made it clear that this end boss is more of a gentle and soothing sendoff for the player, rather than a last show of skill.
What a great, great game.

Cth

I've always had Crypt of the Necrodancer on my wishlist/radar, so the free weekend is going to be great!

I'm presuming the Danny B OST was removed and switched to DLC?

For someone who's horrible at music games, but loves roguelikes, would you recommend it?

EDIT: Translation: Will I get frustrated and not be able to progress throughout the game at a certain point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom