• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

http://store.steampowered.com/app/408000/

header.jpg

Yay....?

Hope we can mod this version to be uncensored as the game is way cheaper on steam here.

MUnited83

For you.
When a modder in his free time can figure out a way to make the game work at 60 without it breaking, then the devs were lying. I do never beleive devs didn't know how to adjust the game they made, they have full access to engine and code, to make at least similar work as the modder did. They were lazy devs and it fits damn well in this case. Even more, spreading misconceptions. Can't make me beleive the team would have had to put ungodly hours into fixing their PC port to PC standards when a freaking modder did it alone in such a short time, in his free time without having all the knowledge and easy access the actual damn devs had.
Conclusion. Either devs are pathetically unskilled in their own profession - for God's sake! You don't even have to make a meeting for justifying this decision. Devs themself should have just made it. A modder (!) made it in a short time! - or they were lazy. No matter what, they lost all their goodwill by me. Won't trust them anymore.

And you'd be wildly wrong. They did try, and it did break. Just look at every fucking attempt to unlock the framerate before this. I don't think you understand that this "fix" wasn't as easy as you think it was. And the port team wasn't the team that originally made the game. The fix, as it stands, wouldn't be shippable. It's riddled with issues and some PCs won't even open the damn game with it.

Saying that the devs are either "lazy" or "pathetically unskilled" is downright disgusting and completely ignores all the great work that went to this port.

So... GMG isn't an authorized key reseller?

Like, how was this not known earlier.
The writing has been on the wall for the last few months actually.

Vlad

Yes, I know, but the point is
if you get hit once, you are done, that's bad ending for you. You NEED to do the whole level without being hit once to see the "good" ending, and this is insane without checkpoints in the middle.

Also happy birthday rami.

This was annoying me too for a while, until I realized that
you don't actually HAVE to kill all the enemies in the level, just the boss. There's no lockdown timer, no extra objective for killing everybody. It's way simpler to just jump through the rooms and ignore everybody.

Parsnip

Is like 60K for ROTTR (360,X1)compared to 180K for TR2013 (PS3,360,PC)

Everyone is freaking out and spelling doom and gloom. Despite no PC or PS4 release yet. To me the numbers look pretty good for a title basically on one platform (360 port probably didn't add much) and sandwiched between big releases, along with going up against fallout 4. Plus UK has been selling significantly less then before for awhile now.

Sounds like a pretty typical sales thread, a lot of terrible armchair analysts.

my xbox 360 home button isnt working since i updated windows 10, anyone else having this problem?
I had an issue with this during the latest Win10 preview where the GameDVR/Gamebar was intercepting all Guide button usage even when it was supposedly turned off.
This is how I fixed it at the time, don't know if there's another way.
Open the xbox app, turn gamedvr on, hit Win+G to open gamedvr overlay, go to gamedvr settings in that overlay, and turn off the option that opens the gamedvr with the guide button, close the gamedvr options and then turn off gamedvr from the xbox app.

madjoki

I just got Fallout 4 on there, did I get a legit key?

GMG is authorized to sell from some publishers such as: Electronic Arts, Bethesda

Definitely.

And as GMG is still reputable no worries.

They are probably getting some keys from authorized sellers in other regions since they do have power to revoke keys from Warner Bros. (But this is just speculation)

Phinor

They are probably getting some keys from authorized sellers in other regions since they do have power to revoke keys from Warner Bros. (But this is just speculation)

Last I heard, they had not revoked any keys despite GMG issuing refunds for those keys. Has that changed? It should have changed if they have a direct line to WB but I haven't been following this issue lately.

jediyoshi

Last I heard, they had not revoked any keys despite GMG issuing refunds for those keys. Has that changed? It should have changed if they have a direct line to WB but I haven't been following this issue lately.

Keys have been revoked for those who received refunds.

Backlogger

my xbox 360 home button isnt working since i updated windows 10, anyone else having this problem?

Make sure you are using the latest driver. There should be a newer driver for W10 I think dated July 2015. I can't say that will fix your issue but it fixed a few things for me such as W10 version of Minecraft not recognizing my controller.

Not even this game stops my Fallout 4.

Everyone on my friends list has somehow managed to dump 25-30 hours on this game and yet I've barely breached 10 hours. For some reason the game doesn't hold my attention for extended periods of time. I'll start playing, get 3 quests in and then suddenly lose interest and stop. And it's kind of weird because it's not like I have any major issues with the game. I don't hate it or anything like that. It just hasn't hit that critical mass where I get fully absorbed into the game world I guess.

Volimar

The thing I hate about Fallout games and the trend continues in this one
is that to continue in the faction quests you have to eliminate other factions.I mean really? That seems unnecessary.

Almost to 50 hours and still enjoying it though.

I had an issue with this during the latest Win10 preview where the GameDVR/Gamebar was intercepting all Guide button usage even when it was supposedly turned off.
This is how I fixed it at the time, don't know if there's another way.
Open the xbox app, turn gamedvr on, hit Win+G to open gamedvr overlay, go to gamedvr settings in that overlay, and turn off the option that opens the gamedvr with the guide button, close the gamedvr options and then turn off gamedvr from the xbox app.

thank you , this fixed it for me :)

The thing I hate about Fallout games and the trend continues in this one
is that to continue in the faction quests you have to eliminate other factions.I mean really? That seems unnecessary.

Almost to 50 hours and still enjoying it though.

What's funny is that I saw people complaining about the fact that you even get to (spoiler is in the vein that your spoiler is)
make any progress in more than 1. They seemed to be of the mind that you shouldn't be able to do anything for any of the others once you start with one.

OK, so a friend took his time and explained how some framerate unlock mods actually work and how they differ from the work actual devs do. Turns out that kind of approach and work is not usual or would just not be accepted in a professional environment. And that their previous statements about framerate unlocks don't stand in correlation with modders unlock "hacks". Modders don't change stuff at the same place or way devs would have to do. So it makes much more sense now.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Rainbow Six Siege's DLC Operators will take 25 hours to unlock each if you don't pay for them

Or you can unlock them instantly for £3.99 each.

Rainbow Six Siege's 8 DLC operators will require around 25 hours of playtime each to unlock, Ubisoft has said.

Alternatively, players can unlock instant access to each new character by spending 600 R6 Credits (£3.99). With eight post-release operators planned, that means players will have the choice of playing the game for approximately 200 hours or spending up to £31.92 to unlock them all.

Instant access to all 8 operators will also be included in the game's Season Pass, although a price for that has yet to be confirmed.

"The data we have suggests that the average FPS player spends 8-10 hours a week playing their favorite FPS (also in-line with our observation during the closed beta), so it should only take between two to three weeks maximum to unlock an operator," Ubisoft said explaining the unlock requirements. "With about three months between each Season of content, we hope players with regular game time won’t have trouble saving up enough Renown to unlock both new operators upon their release."

R6 Credits are an optional in-game currency that can be purchased using real world money, and are entirely separate to the game's 'Renown' XP system. As well as granting instant access to new characters, players can also use R6 Credits to unlock premium weapon skins and Renown Boosters, accelerating the rate at which you earn XP.

The currency will be available to purchase in 5 different denominations at launch, including packs of 600, 1200, 2670, 4920 or 7560 R6 Credits. The higher value bundles offer "more R6 Credits per pound", Ubisoft says.

The 20 operators included in the game at launch can be unlocked "much quicker" than post-release characters, Ubisoft says.

New maps and modes, meanwhile, will be available free of charge to all players immediately upon their release, with no unlock requirements. Four new maps, additional primary and secondary weapons and new game modes are due to roll out before October 2016, with the first pack going live in January.

Rainbow Six Siege launches on PS4, Xbox One and PC on December 1.

Volimar

What's funny is that I saw people complaining about the fact that you even get to (spoiler is in the vein that your spoiler is)
make any progress in more than 1. They seemed to be of the mind that you shouldn't be able to do anything for any of the others once you start with one.

See I don't have a problem with
excluding other factions once you reach a certain point in one. But there's no need to eliminate them. I'd prefer a live and let live approach. I mean in Skyrim, it's not like the Thieves Guild forces you to kill the Mages College.

MUnited83

For you.
i kind of want to play that cinderella thing

me too. I think I'll buy it if the weeklongs suck.

OK, so a friend took his time and explained how some framerate unlock mods actually work and how they differ from the work actual devs do. Turns out that kind of approach and work is not usual or would just not be accepted in a professional environment. And that their previous statements about framerate unlocks don't stand in correlation with modders unlock "hacks". Modders don't change stuff at the same place or way devs would have to do. So it makes much more sense now.

Well, yeah, it's probably smart to inform yourself before going on a "lazy/incompetent devs, YOU WERE LYING TO US" rant.

Ludens

Banned
So how do I know what from GMG is legit and what isn't? I already got Fallout 4 from them and I have xcom coming.

You can't, of course. You know some publishers didn't authorize GMG to sell their games, the ones listed in that thread, but that's all. Beyond that, it's all speculation.

Lomax

I still don't understand what GMG thought they were going to do with Playfire. So much money, for what? Publicity? At least with them off of reddit some of their better deals may not sell out quite as quickly.

zkylon

zkylewd
So how do I know what from GMG is legit and what isn't? I already got Fallout 4 from them and I have xcom coming.

im pretty sure gmg is all legit?

I still don't understand what GMG thought they were going to do with Playfire. So much money, for what? Publicity? At least with them off of reddit some of their better deals may not sell out quite as quickly.
they're apparently relaunching playfire i think

but yeah feels like something that never quite took off as much as they must've wanted it to

So i emailed Amazon.ca asking about my free Assassins Creed with GTX 970 and they said they don't participate in that promotion but gave me a 20% refund on my card....so I got $100 CAD for free! <3 amazon I just wanted my free game but this is even better,

Phawx

This doesn't mean the key is not legit. GMG could buy it from other authorized resellers. You can't know.

So there are two things about this. One, I feel GMG should have a note on any page describing where they get keys from. Something like how grocery stores are now listing locations of where produce is sourced from.

Or two, the average person doesn't give a shit and IT'S CHEAPER wins always. There are many threads on Slickdeals that I will leave a comment on if they mention cdkeys/g2a/etc and sometimes I get a reply with, "well I just bought there and I got a key and it worked."

So GMG is doing what other businesses are doing to compete in a competitive market where no one gives a shit.

So GMG is doing what other businesses are doing to compete in a competitive market where no one gives a shit.

The GameDeals mods had a point, though. They're the gateway for 300,000+ people who visit it to make informed choices about what games they purchase. GMG has been asked, repeatedly, for proof in the form of one redacted picture of a contract, and has refused every attempt.

I just read their responses in the thread. They seem to deflect the blame and adopt a "screw this, I'm outta here" stance instead of just answering the question.

I suspect that most of the key stock for big-name releases is from intermediary vendors who get their keys wholesale from WB and the like, and that they have confidentiality agreements they can't break.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So there are two things about this. One, I feel GMG should have a note on any page describing where they get keys from. Something like how grocery stores are now listing locations of where produce is sourced from.

Or two, the average person doesn't give a shit and IT'S CHEAPER wins always. There are many threads on Slickdeals that I will leave a comment on if they mention cdkeys/g2a/etc and sometimes I get a reply with, "well I just bought there and I got a key and it worked."

I know what you mean. As others saw, this weekend I had my own bad run-in with cdkeys so I have my own thoughts about those types of sites. But after seeing the responses from various publishers about how GMG isn't an authorized retailer for their games I'm a little torn. While sites like cdkeys/g2a/etc all sprang up as being completely illegitimate from the word go, GMG stands out as being a legitimate partner site that has now started sourcing their keys from apparently a lot of the same places as the other sites.

For example, one of my first GreenManGaming purchases was "Lord of the Rings: War in the North" a WB game which I purchased in 2012. While WB has now officially stated that GMG is not a partner, were they in 2012 when I bought the game? I bought tons of WB games from GMG since (Lego Lord of the Rings, Mortal Kombat, Batman, etc) so at what point did my money stop going to the publisher?

The whole thing seems shady as hell. Obviously I have a huge decision to make in regards to whether or not I will continue to promote them through Enhanced Steam or not.

BorntoPlay

Now i'm a true SteamGaffer, i won this game from ramoisdead and already have it in my account, please thanks to him...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BorntoPlay, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution -- MB-DE62558A33237D6C - Taken by AcademicSaucer

Jawmuncher

Aren't the publishers sill getting the money in some form? Unless there are spies at these company's handing out keys.

Not counting marketplace style sales obviously. But I doubt the bigger "unauthorized" stores are running a stolen credit card ring.

To me it just feels like places such as GMG are doing what we used to. Which is taking advantage of regional pricing.

AHA-Lambda

Ronin was garbage:

-imprecise control system: way too often when you jump, you won't land where the game shows you. This means a lot of tries and deaths only because the game decided to punish you
-no variety: you face three kind of enemies the whole game.
-no story. Really, I wouldn't know the main character is female if not by reading the game's decription on Steam store page. Oh, there's a special edition DLC for the cost of 7€ actually providing a story in the form of a comic book. Sadly in the game there's NOTHING at all.
-last level is terrible. Really.

Gunpoint was a little gem, Ronin seems like a rushed title, it lacks polishing, it lacks a plot, it lacks variety, unlock skills is way too difficult because to get one you need to complete each bonus objective in a level, and 99% of them are basically impossible to do on your first try, this means play the same level many times. Also when you get new skills, you need to fill a combo bar in order to use them. This is almost impossible, since 99% of the time you are avoiding bullets, and each time you avoid a bullet, you lose the combo.

Aww, I really liked Ronin :(

Monooboe

Isn't it the DLC for Rainbow Six Siege free, didn't they say that the season pass would be free? So to pay for a "save time" thing doesn't seem too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom