• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I feel about the GMG/GameDeals stuff. It feels kind of fishy, not entirely on GMG's part either. I don't think I would provide confidential contractual stuff to the mods of a subreddit, redacted or not, and the proof they have is a CS rep with a 1 line reply? I don't know man, it's all really weird in that thread, it seems like the mods have a grudge about the situation because of lack of GMG getting back with them.

It's all a conspiracy by the console makers man, I'm telling you.

Anteater

hmm

I'm not seeing the praise for new vegas so far interms of questing and dialogues, I'm only a few hours in, but it's been difficult to actually find npcs that actually talk to you, like this one quest told me to rescue some dudes, I went there, tried to talk to the people there and they offered no dialogue choices, so I just kill them all, and that's that, not really much atlernatives. Other quests have been pretty linear as well, fetch a few things, etc.

Randam

Mic doesn't get recognized from steam.
It works under device, I see my voice, but it won't work in steam or in-game.

anyone an idea?

edit: I'm using a Asus Xonar U7.
If I connect my Headset/Mic directly to my PC, the Mic works with steam.

I don't know how I feel about the GMG/GameDeals stuff. It feels kind of fishy, not entirely on GMG's part either. I don't think I would provide confidential contractual stuff to the mods of a subreddit, redacted or not, and the proof they have is a CS rep with a 1 line reply? I don't know man, it's all really weird in that thread, it seems like the mods have a grudge about the situation because of lack of GMG getting back with them.

It's all a conspiracy by the console makers man, I'm telling you.
Everybody has been way too eager to pick a side, imo. It does seem strange.

hmm

I'm not seeing the praise for new vegas so far interms of questing and dialogues, I'm only a few hours in, but it's been difficult to actually find npcs that actually talk to you, like this one quest told me to rescue some dudes, I went there, tried to talk to the people there and they offered no dialogue choices, so I just kill them all, and that's that, not really much atlernatives. Other quests have been pretty linear as well, fetch a few things, etc.

I always thought New Vegas started off really slow, once you get to the first big city is when it picked up for me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Eh, that seems unnecessary to me. It's not like they are sketchier than most of the bundle sites. Are you still listing Nuuvem now that most of their stuff is locked?

IsThereAnyDeal (which Enhanced Steam gets it's data from) has a level of "location awareness" and a lot of the deals on Nuuvem won't be presented to Enhanced Steam users unless they are in a country where that deal is valid. Basically when I present data to ITAD, the request is being sent with the user's Steam country code and ITAD returns relevant deals that are only available for that country.

So for example Football Manager 2016 is on sale on Nuuvem for about $21. But since the game is region locked for most buyers, you won't see that deal listed on Enhanced Steam. In the US where I am, the current lowest reported price is $39.99 from GetGames.

Lomax

IsThereAnyDeal (which Enhanced Steam gets it's data from) has a level of "location awareness" and a lot of the deals on Nuuvem won't be presented to Enhanced Steam users unless they are in a country where that deal is valid. Basically when I present data to ITAD, the request is being sent with the user's Steam country code and ITAD returns relevant deals that are only available for that country.

So for example Football Manager 2016 is on sale on Nuuvem for about $21. But since the game is region locked for most buyers, you won't see that deal listed on Enhanced Steam. In the US where I am, the current lowest reported price is $39.99 from GetGames.

Ah, nice, didn't know that.

hmm

I'm not seeing the praise for new vegas so far interms of questing and dialogues, I'm only a few hours in, but it's been difficult to actually find npcs that actually talk to you, like this one quest told me to rescue some dudes, I went there, tried to talk to the people there and they offered no dialogue choices, so I just kill them all, and that's that, not really much alternatives. Other quests have been pretty linear as well, fetch a few things, etc.

Until you hit the Vegas strip, the quests are like that. Things get more interesting at the point in terms of dialog and quest options.

Yeah, banning an entire website because a reddit rep can't give you redacted screenshots of contracts? It seems like they made up their mind before they started giving the rep shit, which came off as kinda rude too.
Redacting the contract would be so quick though. And they should take the banning seriously because they're some big time subreddit. /s

Gimme a break.

Anteater

I always thought New Vegas started off really slow, once you get to the first big city is when it picked up for me.

Until you hit the Vegas strip, the quests are like that. Things get more interesting at the point in terms of dialog and quest options.

ahh I see, I'll keep going, it's not like I'm not enjoying it so far, but was expecting a little bit more, good to know it just has a slow start!

Ludens

Banned
I just want to say one thing: expecting contracts from a site is not realistic. What if, in example, GMG is buying several batches of keys from, let's say, HumbleBundle?
What if HB can't sell those keys too?
I'm not defending GMG or something like this, I'm only saying a random person can't go to GMG and say "Please show me your contracts", real world doesn't work like this. Only a publisher selling its game on GMG can ask GMG "Where are you buying those keys if I did not provide you them?".

Deitus

About damn time NIS. I hope they actually put this game on sale occasionally, unlike the last game they put up on Steam.

Still, good to get more JRPGs (well, SRPG technically, but I meant RPGs from Japanese developers) on Steam. I hope every Japanese dev/publisher that still hasn't started putting games out on the platform takes notice.

4547297-5263194185-tumbl.gif

2W5fdy3.gif

IM IN DERE DOOD!!

tumblr_mmyfo0AF7U1qjujrdo1_500.gif

we're gonna fuck shit up

Redacting the contract would be so quick though. And they should take the banning seriously because they're some big time subreddit. /s

Gimme a break.

Getting strong armed by some reddit mods is like the modern version of a mob shakedown, except one actually matters, I don't think GameDeals is big enough of a deal to really affect GMG's bottom line and the self serious tone and how much the mods think of themselves is kind funny lol. They seem pretty clueless.

EDIT: What in the sam hell is a Disgaea? How would one go about even saying that?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There seems to similar locking system for keys. It's just matter of publishers starting to use it and distribute different keys per region. (So no need for separate subs or anything).

Afaik. so far only some indie dev used and accidentally locked keys for a bundle to Russia.

When did that happen?

Edit: Also, you said back in March to expect Valve's default region-locking system to expand to keys as "[It] has implemented mandatory region/shop tagging on keys". But here we are, eight months later and nothing has changed. You have something of a habit of making statements like these and not providing anything to back them up.

Getting strong armed by some reddit mods is like the modern version of a mob shakedown, except one actually matters, I don't think GameDeals is big enough of a deal to really affect GMG's bottom line and the self serious tone and how much the mods think of themselves is kind funny lol. They seem pretty clueless.
It is pretty funny, lol.

But I'm more worried about people and potentially the press picking this shit up as gospel, which could affect their bottom line.

What is the fuss over being an authorized reseller vs not being one. It isn't like it is illegal to resell something you own without an agreement with the previous owner. This is like boycotting a brick and mortar retailer because they buy and sell used games, or banning random neogaf user for selling their used console game to said retailer.

When you lawfully own something, you're allowed to resell it. Even if not originally intended to be resold. This relates to basic principles of property law and first sale doctrine.

What is the fuss over being an authorized reseller vs not being one. It isn't like it is illegal to resell something you own without an agreement with the previous owner. This is like boycotting a brick and mortar retailer because they buy and sell used games, or banning random neogaf user for selling their used console game to said retailer.

When you lawfully own something, you're allowed to resell it. Even if not originally intended to be resold. This relates to basic principles of property law and first sale doctrine.
It's not even that, it's like condemning a smaller mom and pop shop for using a local distributor or wholesaler.

Jazz573

What does Disaega's port mean for the larger context? Do they control any other IPs that could see ports?

That feel when you already know it's going to be a disaster.

Well NISA, the English publishing branch, owns the English rights to the Danganronpa series. They'd probably need the go ahead from Spike Chunsoft tho

Basically if they aren't a authorized key seller people think they got the keys off Jimmy's Stolen Key Truck in a south Detroit back alley at 3 am, but it mostly likely means GMG bought the keys from a authorized key reseller and are selling it themselves, which is entirely legal and I'm sure done far more frequently than people think.

Authorized = agreement with publishers to get the key from them first hand.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah I hope they try to go the Hyper Neptunia Route.
I think that would be the best route if they want the most sales.
29.99 base price 1 week discount of 50%

as long as it's 15 or less i'm probably gonna get it

i love front mission and i love fftactics, i want more games in this genre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom