• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that GMG reddit post has been updated to show that GMG is in fact an authorized Warner Bros, game seller lol. I guess that automated CS response was just that.

Deitus

What does Disaega's port mean for the larger context? Do they control any other IPs that could see ports?

Disgaea is definitely their biggest series in terms of games developed by NIS, though the series has several games and spinoffs that would be welcome on Steam.

But NIS America published a ton of Japanese games in the west, including the Atelier series (and spinoffs). I'm not sure if this would actually translate into actually bringing those games to PC though, considering a number of them have already made it to PC under different publishers.

Arthea

Disgaea? now we are really doomed and our backlogs forever, if it really clicks with you, you can play it almost forever, this is the end, folks

Basically if they aren't a authorized key seller people think they got the keys of Jimmy's Stolen Key Truck in a south Detroit back alley at 3 am, but it mostly likely means GMG bought the keys from a authorized key reseller and are selling it themselves, which is entirely legal and I'm sure done far more frequently than people think.

Authorized = agreement with publishers to get the key from them first hand.

It seems like a practice that is all above board, yet people with influence are acting as if there is without doubt morally wrongdoing going on behind the scenes in spite of the facts.

I also just want to point out that just because companies like ubisoft have the power to do something, that doesn't make their conduct legal. I also kind of recall a doctrine where even the sale of illegitimately owned products can lead to a lawfully owned product (this doesn't mean the people who did the wrongdoing are off the hook, just that the new owner has legal rights). I'll have to try and remember that doctrine and its rules.

everyone, shut the fuck up and keep out for that pre order button and buy it :mad: especially you, Bayonetta. I got my eyes on you.

My 2 rules go:

1) Play your damn videogames.
2) Fuck pre-orders unless it's something truly limited.

I still stand by this.

So no. :>

As for Disgaea I don't know if a middle ground exists. You either you love Disgaea and play it for tons of hours or you hate it.

MUnited83

For you.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/408000/

header.jpg

Yay....?

if anyone cares this is actually on the weeklong deals at 20%off

My 2 rules go:

2)Fuck pre-orders unless it's something truly limited.

I still stand by this.

As for Disgaea I don't know if a middle ground exists. You either you love Disgaea and play it for tons of hours or you hate it.

you know what, I agree with rule 2, I don't pre order unless there is a reason to. for example, i pre ordered fallout 4 but thats cause i was able to get it for $30, otherwise I would've waited. OKAY OKAY!! Buy it when it releases, NO EXCUSES!!!

also, you might find this hard to believe but I'm actually in the middle ground when it comes to disgaea :p I love the world, characters and story. Gameplay is fun too, but there are parts in the game that require hours of grinding to continue the main story that I think it could do without, there was even a point in Disgaea 3 where I stopped playing for like a month simply cause I didn't want to grind. the grinding should be saved for post game, imo people should be able to complete the the main story with little to no grinding. BUT THATS JUST ME!!

jediyoshi

So in light of GMG's recent shenanigans and their flippancy on Reddit I've decided to remove their deals from Enhanced Steam. It's always been my policy that the vendors included in Enhanced Steam's deal links be authorized by the publishers to distribute keys. It seems that Green Man Gaming no longer fits this criteria.

Bummer about all the indies and publishers they're actually authorized with. It's funny how the list has always been available and people just never saw to cross reference their store with it

http://www.greenmangaming.com/publishers/

2K, Square Enix, Bethesda, WB, Capcom, Paradox, Valve, 505, Fathshark, Namco Bandai, Rockstar, Klei, Doublefine, Tripwire, Torn Banner, Wadjet, Sega, etc

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Bummer about all the indies and publishers they're actually authorized with. It's funny how the list has always been available and people just never saw to cross reference their store with it

2K, Square Enix, Bethesda, WB, Capcom, Paradox, Valve, 505, Fathshark, Namco Bandai, etc

I'm attempting to work something out with IsThereAnyDeal, so that these legitimate partners are still able to be promoted. Hopefully we can have something arranged soon.

you know what, I agree with rule 2, I don't pre order unless there is a reason to. for example, i pre ordered fallout 4 but thats cause i was able to get it for $30, otherwise I would've waited. OKAY OKAY!! Buy it when it releases, NO EXCUSES!!!

also, you might find this hard to believe but I'm actually in the middle ground when it comes to disgaea :p I love the world, characters and story. Gameplay is fun too, but there are parts in the game that require hours of grinding to continue the main story that I think it could do without, there was even a point in Disgaea 3 where I stopped playing for like a month simply cause I didn't want to grind. the grinding should be saved for post game, imo people should be able to complete the the main story with little to no grinding. BUT THATS JUST ME!!

I didn't think you would be :v I thought you would be one of the diehards lol. I can see that that understanding though.

Arthea

My 2 rules go:

2) Fuck pre-orders unless it's something truly limited.

I still stand by this.

It's totally possible to hate and like it simultaneously, it is for me, anyway. I like it, but then I get into neverending cycle of playing it (item worlds, etc.) and start to hate it and say never again, but I keep buying them and then I'm afraid to even start playing.

dex3108

2K, Square Enix, Bethesda, WB, Capcom, Paradox, Valve, 505, Fathshark, Namco Bandai, Rockstar, Klei, Sega, etc

WB answered and they are real WB authorized sellers. GetGames posted on reddit that they are not on Ubisoft list (posted on Ubisoft support) but they are authorized sellers (guy/girl said that they are regularly going on meetings with publishers so he/she doesn't know why they are having meetings with them if they are not authorized sellers).

I don't know if GMG is authorized seller for all publishers but i really don't like that there is currently hunt for their head based on lack of evidence.

P.S there is publisher called Uglysoft? XD

Lomax

Comparing the sale of keys to the sale of physical goods only goes so far. One of the reasons the "not an official retailer" barometer has merit is that keys aren't an item with a finite supply. If Activision doesn't supply keys to GMG, they have chosen to do that. That can raise red flags. Now, if a single publisher isn't selling games on a site, that isn't really a big deal, after all there are publishers that don't even sell games on Steam. But a pattern of trying to grab big ticket sales by obtaining keys through nebulous means doesn't shine a good light on GMG, combine that with their sudden ending of credit (hope everyone spent theirs already), and with some of these second hand keys being problematic and I can see why people are concerned.

Now personally, I'll continue to treat GMG as I always did. It's clear most of their keys are obtained directly from the publishers, and I've never had any problem with anything I've bought from there. But I will be more cautious if I consider any of their "too good to be true" deals.

The one point all this raises again is, why do so many "physical" keys exist anyway? Physical PC sales have been dead for years. Personally I think just like I said back when region locks were being implemented on Steam, the publishers actually like the money they make from these "gray" deals, they just don't want to admit it happens, and they don't want it to be too mainstream.

I'll cheat engine Disagea like I did another JRPG. I really don't do grinding. Just so I can play the main story.
Probably shouldn't buy Disgaea PC then. Mainly because the gameplay is the meat of those games. Not that the stories are bad but, they aren't the most serious thing and if you don't meld with the humor of those games then...well.

It's totally possible to hate and like it simultaneously, it is for me, anyway. I like it, but then I get into neverending cycle of playing it (item worlds, etc.) and start to hate it and say never again, but I keep buying them and then I'm afraid to even start playing.

Okay that makes sense too. To be honest, I am an outsider of Disgaea games, only played a bit at a friends and have a hardcore Disgaea fan. My first NIS, turn based strategy game was Phantom Brave...and that was a difficult game for the Disgaea fans. I thought I was just playing like trash. I got that on my birthday in 2005 and still haven't beaten Phantom Brave for 10 damn years. As appealing as Disgaea PC is to play it on a platform I would prefer to play it on, I am not too sure lol.

The trick to Disgaea is getting as much EXP as possible with very little grinding.

It's all a matter of finding the right stage, the right moves, equipment with certain modifiers, etc. Once you figure all that out, you can go from level 1 to 9999 in short period of time.

The story takes about 30-40 hours to complete, but the post-game can take hundreds or even thousands.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Only 45 hours to go until AssCreed Syndicate... assuming Ubi has the AU unlock time updated.

The demo version for Tembo The Badass Elephant was (and still is since I just checked it) very stuttery for me...is the full game actually patched to fix that or not? I tried to check the Steam forum and there's not much conversation really going on about the game.

dex3108

I am really sad to see under how much pressure GMG is or any other legit digital distributor is while G2A and other gray market sellers are under 0 pressure and they don't have any consequences for their deals.

Only 45 hours to go until AssCreed Syndicate... assuming Ubi has the AU unlock time updated.

Still no pre-load on Steam or UPlay even though UPlay got 2 updates today XD

Jawmuncher

Probably shouldn't buy Disgaea PC then. Mainly because the gameplay is the meat of those games. Not that the stories are bad but, they aren't the most serious thing and if you don't meld with the humor of those games then...well.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9HDhysQf0

Still so long as the price is right I think I'll give it the chance. Either I can come to like it or at least like the characters. If not I'll have least perhaps helped influence them in more ports of Disagea or other titles.

Eila

Yo I used my groupees coin on that bundle that had Hatred earlier in Halloween and now it's on a $2 bundle.
Such is life with bundled games.

Tizoc

Batman Arkham Knight update
OK I set a few graphics options to Normal and it looks a little better. FPS is hardly affected too. It's playable...surprisingly playable, which is bizarre as I'm able to play this dang thing at 20-30 FPS range without a hitch....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom