• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

yhX7iAp.jpg

Good lord dat punctuation. Why even bother at that point lol

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
jshackles: Jason Momoa taking up residence in my hometown for his next TV series (Discovery/Netflix drama called Frontier)
of course I live like thousands of miles away now so I'm not going to run into him

Red Hood

Banned
Is it on sale? I'm thinking of getting into isometric RPGs and Dragonfall seems like the perfect game to do it.

It's on sale now at the Humble Store for €2,79. I'm probably buying it later today. Haven't really played any isometic RPGs before, but I really want to get into them and try one out. Might as well start with Dragonfall, right? And even if I don't like it, less than €3 isn't going to sting too much.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles: Jason Momoa taking up residence in my hometown for his next TV series (Discovery/Netflix drama called Frontier)
of course I live like thousands of miles away now so I'm not going to run into him

One of these days Stump

I will get my photo taken with him

Phinor

Lol, I was checking Humble Bundle's site and looks like they removed the "Humble Mobile" section. Guess they didn't sell enough or something, although there were some decent ones, the last one I bought was SNK's which included some Metal Slug and KOF games for just $1.

They sold pretty poorly but Humble also had lacking support for mobile games they sold AND most of their mobile bundles were simply garbage. I've been waiting for a month+ for them to put up the patch for 80 Days Android version. I guess it isn't happening so now their version is the worst version because every other version got a huge patch with new content.

Caerith

:)))

GUYS BE WARNED THO, I'm not gonna bs you guys. theres some lame shit in Disgaea 1, specifically Etna, a "1xxx year old demon" who has the body of a child. now thats whatever right? but heres the issue, they have her in basically a bra and a super mini skirt. Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the design either, but for what its worth its only her, theres no one else in the franchise like that.

heres what she looks like:

Jennifer dresses more or less the same as Etna, no? But I get what you mean.

Thing is, Etna is different from the usual 1000-year old. Usually "1000-year old dragon" is used for someone who looks like they're 12, acts like they're 12, and has the mentality of a 12-year old but is still a romance option and/or an option for erotic minigame, but "it's okay because she's 1000 years old." (This is a generalization, most of the time I see "it's okay because she's 1000 years old" it refers to someone who is closer to 5 years old.)

Etna acts and sounds like an adult, or at least a young adult/older teen-- at least past the demon equivalent of puberty given her body anxiety-- but the key difference is that Disgaea isn't a game about romance, sex, or playing with one hand while you masturbate to bad art.

Flandy

I think it's kind of the only way to go in terms of reliability.

What's wrong with others?
My dad got a SanDisk SSD to install Windows on and a handful of other programs. Was that a horrible mistake?

Edit: I'm trying to decide between the 850 EVO and Crucial BX100

BigBoss

Is CDKeys considered a shady site? I ask because they're selling Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition for $10.65 and that seems like a pretty good deal.

AHA-Lambda

Is CDKeys considered a shady site? I ask because they're selling Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition for $10.65 and that seems like a pretty good deal.

Christ fucking knows anymore. I'd say yes it is but it'll cause another 2 page argument.

I really would like a mod to put a PSA up at this point for gaf's stance on this whole thing.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
I contacted the PR Guy I know at NISA.

I have to ask though: "The legendary Disgaea series is coming to Steam!"
Are there any potential plans for bringing any of the other Disgaea entries to Steam as well?

NIS PR said:
As for more Disgaea’s coming to STEAM, I’m gonna crib a verse from the PR bible and say, “If it does well, we definitely want to consider more titles going forward.” ;)

Christ fucking knows anymore. I'd say yes it is but it'll cause another 2 page argument.

I really would like a mod to put a PSA up at this point for gaf's stance on this whole thing.

Isn't GAFs stance not supporting illegally sold keys? I don't think that says much about key resellers that are legitimately and lawfully obtained.

What's wrong with others?
My dad got a SanDisk SSD to install Windows on and a handful of other programs. Was that a horrible mistake?

Edit: I'm trying to decide between the 850 EVO and Crucial BX100
My understanding is that in terms of price, performance, and reliability the Samsung SSDs are kind of unmatched. There are better preforming and more reliable SSDs, but they are far more expensive. Cheaper per GB SSDs generally don't preform as well and have higher failure rates. I think most of the Sandisk stuff is supposed to be good it's just pricier. I can't speak for current Crucial stuff, but the one I had about three years ago fail after a few months. That could have been bad luck and a lot has changed in that time. If you want a really nitty gritty reason as to which SSD to go with it might be best to the pc building thread.

2016: the Year of the PC.

This is the game where you can jump into weapons! Presold.
We all miss Russian Bear, Nuuvem and Mexican/Indian Origin.

1367953531_ptMJSJU.gif

P.S. WB again changed all Batman AK reviews to pre-release reviews XD http://store.steampowered.com/app/208650/

WB saw Konami one-upping them with MGSV and decided to make a move. It's the only explanation.

Never forget:
Special Offer
Get the entire Batman: Arkham series with Batman: Arkham Knight!

I didn't experience a single fun or weird glitch in the 30 hours it took me to finish one of the main quest paths of Fallout 4 :/

Had someone I'd killed come back from the dead for a quest though.

From what I've seen, it seems to be the cheapest.
The Deluxe edition isn't worth the extra five dollars right?

I'll see the game is Disgraceaea and decline it anyway.

gah, fuck it. no disgaea for you, you will regret your deeds when it launches YOU WATCH!!
Jennifer dresses more or less the same as Etna, no? But I get what you mean.

Thing is, Etna is different from the usual 1000-year old. Usually "1000-year old dragon" is used for someone who looks like they're 12, acts like they're 12, and has the mentality of a 12-year old but is still a romance option and/or an option for erotic minigame, but "it's okay because she's 1000 years old." (This is a generalization, most of the time I see "it's okay because she's 1000 years old" it refers to someone who is closer to 5 years old.)

Etna acts and sounds like an adult, or at least a young adult/older teen-- at least past the demon equivalent of puberty given her body anxiety-- but the key difference is that Disgaea isn't a game about romance, sex, or playing with one hand while you masturbate to bad art.
Yea thats true, it doesn't bother me too much, I just think its a really ugly design. But i know how some people on gaf are about shit like that so i was just giving a heads up.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't experience a single fun or weird glitch in the 30 hours it took me to finish one of the main quest paths of Fallout 4 :/

I'm playing the inferior console version, but I'm probably 40 hours in and have only experienced 1 glitch where a quest is messed up. Now anytime I walk anywhere near a certain location the quest event "pops" where my character is just standing there in the "in front of the camera" view, not saying anything, forever. Have to reload. I've walked past there a few times and been like... "Goddammit, not again"

:)))

GUYS BE WARNED THO, I'm not gonna bs you guys. theres some lame shit in Disgaea 1, specifically Etna, a "1xxx year old demon" who has the body of a child. now thats whatever right? but heres the issue, they have her in basically a bra and a super mini skirt. Yea, I'm not a huge fan of the design either, but for what its worth its only her, theres no one else in the franchise like that.

heres what she looks like:

Tbh, I was somewhat attracted to her back when I came across pictures of her in Nintendo Power.

For reference, I was like twelve at the time.

Hinomura

O__O

Fantastic! Instabought asap! Spent several hundreds hours with PS2 version. Oh my, playing Disgaea on notebook in bed waiting for sleep catching... ("hey, it's 4 am! SLEEP NAOW!")

Very good work NIS and NISA! Would buy anything else, thanks! And.. hey Atlus where is, just to name one, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne PC???

Hmmm... Maybe I should start selling the ported-to-Steam-once-exclusive PS2 games to collectors... Disgaea + Mushihimesama to start! :D

PS: Thank you lashman!

Teggy

Yesterday I had a piece of ghoul arm(?) endlessly spinning on the ground on one end. I thought about trying to record it for a second and then rightfully decided that there were likely a thousand better videos of the same bug already online.

Khronico

I had one annoying bug where getting out of power armor would not change my HUD color back to normal, but other than that it's been really stable. Had one CTD in the first 5ish hours.

It's almost surreal how stable of an experience Fallout 4 has been for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom