• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ReRy74G.png

https://www.paysafecard.com/en-us/news/promotions/promotion/steamsaleleaked-16/

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Shmadow -- MB-252C22615321F1B3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Overlord -- MB-A4F5B75B637BB3B8 - Taken by pantsattack - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Lucius II -- MB-02009F4E41D52A3C - Taken by madjoki. 4 entrants total.
Lumber Island - That Special Place -- MB-0287E13FF5B19C75 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
One Final Breath - Episode One -- MB-D0A1277C51D4E712 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-FE46885B259EC55F - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
The Archetype -- MB-4662D099529BE695 - Taken by arts&crafts. 1 entrants total.
Rogue Harvest -- MB-E219049667BC4EEA - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.

t1447872196z1.png

kywgx4witr8ryp.gif

looks like AC Syndicate's unlock time got moved up to Midnight Eastern tonight going by it's store page...that's better than the 11 AM tomorrow it was supposed to unlock before

Dr Dogg

looks like AC Syndicate's unlock time got moved up to Midnight Eastern tonight going by it's store page...that's better than the 11 AM tomorrow it was supposed to unlock before

Yeah it's changed to 11 hours until unlock here. Might get to do some sightseeing in the morning then.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of jshackles, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition -- MB-94FA07A43FA6AB43 - Taken by Nabs. 22 entrants total.

t1447875436z1.png

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Microsoft has revised its Windows 10 privacy statement

The first big Windows 10 update came out last week, but Microsoft has also updated its privacy statement. Spotted by ZDNet, the updated statement has some changes that might help alleviate fears that Microsoft is spying on its users.

First of all, Microsoft has added a couple of examples to the section where it outlines when it collects personal data from you. The new additions stress that data is collected only when it's necessary to provide you with the services that you've requested. For example, Microsoft has to collect the content of your email to be able to display it to you on Outlook.

Next, the sentence "Microsoft doesn't use your individual recovery keys for any purpose" has been added to the section about device encryption and how Microsoft automatically backs up BitLocker.

Another issue people had with Microsoft was the company's apparent ability to scan your personal files. However, this section has been restructured so that it only applies to files on OneDrive. It now reads: "Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails in Outlook.com, or files in private folders on OneDrive), when we have good faith belief that doing so is necessary..."

"Necessary" in this case refers to complying with the law or to protect Microsoft's rights and its customers.

Additions to the "Providing and improving our services" section include points about collecting data in order to provide better customer support, notify users of malicious software, and to confirm the validity of software licenses.

There is now a section in the privacy statement saying that Cortana can use your "current location, location history, and other location signals (such as locations tagged on photos you upload to OneDrive)" that will give you location based updates such as traffic reports. Cortana can also learn who "is most important to you from your call, text message, and email history."

Other updates include the addition of a Microsoft Health Services section, a part about Enterprise Services, and Translation Features.

Lomax

what the hell is paysafecard.com? Also Doesnt it start on the thursday? Either way it is coming.

The fall sale always starts on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It was "leaked" a while back, but it was easy to guess anyway. The winter sale usually starts on a Thursday and will probably be December 17th, though that hasn't been "leaked" officially. But it's pretty likely. Only the summer sale time varies widely.

Sch1sm

Forgot the no thanks rule. Please, don't.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Quarries of Scred -- MB-57BEDD4BE09B6172 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-56E7091F43B023F3 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Bliss -- MB-846AD6E26768490E - Taken by NingenJanai. 2 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-AE499B94B98D3A23 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
rFactor -- MB-4D202302C3ED0AB0 - Taken by freshVeggie. 2 entrants total.
ChargeShot -- MB-4CA06D82C49F3A6F - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1447873456z1.png

Dr Dogg

That's a really good looking outfit. Maybe I should keep my code to myself.

Can you play the whole game as Evie?

You can free roam and do all the side stuff as Evie. And there's a lot of side stuff this time and it's actually quite meaningful too. I mean who doesn't want to rub shoulders with Charles Dickens, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx and do their busy work.

Khronico

Got Mad Max and Mordor yesterday because I've been interested in both since they came out. Played Mad Max today and it's quite fun. Aside from the vehicle combat (which is super fun), it's not doing a WHOLE lot different from the standard open world formula, but it's still extremely enjoyable to me. It's also extremely well optimized, I'll need to check but it seems to be averaging 45fps or so on my modest (alienware alpha i3) rig with most settings maxed out at 1080p.

I should probably watch Fury Road at some point

dex3108

You can free roam and do all the side stuff as Evie. And there's a lot of side stuff this time and it's actually quite meaningful too. I mean who doesn't want to rub shoulders with Charles Dickens, Charles Darwin, Karl Marx and do their busy work.

Too bad we won't be able to play Dreadful Crimes :(

Got Mad Max and Mordor yesterday because I've been interested in both since they came out. Played Mad Max today and it's quite fun. Aside from the vehicle combat (which is super fun), it's not doing a WHOLE lot different from the standard open world formula, but it's still extremely enjoyable to me. It's also extremely well optimized, I'll need to check but it seems to be averaging 45fps or so on my modest (alienware alpha i3) rig with most settings maxed out at 1080p.

I should probably watch Fury Road at some point

I bought Mad Max beat it and the next day bought Mordor.. they are essentially the same game. Well the same as batman and another open world beat em up collectathon. Mad Max was great because the driving and upgrading was nice. I enjoyed Mad Max but Mordor seems very meh. Maybe its because I am burned out on the go here beat people up and collect things in a bland open world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom