• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

The OG game is great but what is really new with the remaster?

I know they wanted to do a the Ship 2, what happened to that?

It's funny, the title is Remastered, but the description explicitly states it's a remake. Probably because The Ship: Remake sounds less sexy than Remastered even though remake puts it into better perspective.

Call me when KT makes good PC ports and goes back to making actual DoA games.

The last one had Pai, so it's automatically best.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So Nordic finally responded to my request for a Darksiders II key. I had to provide about 15 different screenshots of my Steam licences page, various Steam pages, and copies of my purchase receipts from Amazon back in 2012. Glad I still had all that stuff!

Anyway, I don't think it's worth refunding $6 back just so I can activate this key myself so I've decided to raffle it through Modbot. I updated my previous Steam review to positive while striking through the text. Hope someone here enjoys this!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition -- MB-94FA07A43FA6AB43 - Taken by Nabs. 22 entrants total.

t1447875436z1.png

Parsnip

So they augmented the release date themselves.
I think I'm okay with this.

Anyway, I don't think it's worth refunding $6 back just so I can activate this key myself so I've decided to raffle it through Modbot. I updated my previous Steam review to positive while striking through the text. Hope someone here enjoys this!

I'm curious, does flipping a review from negative to positive reset its "helpful" status?
Could someone write a review, get (for example) a 100% helpful status with ton of votes, then edit it to just say 'poop' but keep the votes?

tuxfool

Banned
For 75fps, yes, but not to run the game at all.

True. Though I question the viability of VR at lower frame rates. I suppose for a demo it should be ok, but on a full game that frame rate should be the lower limit. Everyone except Sony recommends 90.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm curious, does flipping a review from negative to positive reset its "helpful" status?
Could someone write a review, get (for example) a 100% helpful status with ton of votes, then edit it to just say 'poop' but keep the votes?

When I changed the review from negative to positive, it removed all the "helpful" ratings users had left. There was a dialog indicating this when I did it.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Just cause 3 launches 1st december? I had no idea.

That's a game I want, either I wait and buy it as a christmas present for myself or I can't resist and get it day one.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
18:00 CET so it is not coincidence. That is Ubisoft's usual time for releases/trailers/news.

Yeah, but its past AAA titles have had region-specific unlock times, Rogue included. It seems stupid to me that people here will be buying physical copies in a few hours but won't be able to play the game until 3am AET tomorrow. What's the point of having a worldwide release date if you're going to force some countries to wait an extra day?

WHENEVER A NEW Bethesda game comes out, I hope and pray that it’s just as buggy and unpolished as its previous games.

Thankfully, Fallout 4 is no exception, with reviewers and players calling out its creaky engine, poor companion AI, sub-par animation, and many other glitches and bugs. Some see this as a failure of Bethesda to get with the program and embrace modern-day AAA polish. I don’t. Each time a new release is as rough and buggy as those that came before, it shows Bethesda is focused on the right things.
It starts off fantastic that's for sure.

Teggy

Doesn't that Fallout Mod just change the responses from top to bottom instead of up down left right? I'm not seeing the big deal.

jshackles

Those playing AC: Syndicate on the PC are in for a treat. The game is really well done and I found myself getting swept up in the narrative perhaps even more often than happens while playing Fallout 4. The characters are great and the missions are easy (but difficult to master). Combat feels really solid, especially when compared with other games in the series.

Easily my favorite Assassin's Creed game.

Doesn't that Fallout Mod just change the responses from top to bottom instead of up down left right? I'm not seeing the big deal.

The mod is representing the actual dialog. The full dialog, not just "press [ ] to be sarcastic" which is how it's laid out without the mod. Or times where it's "O - Vault-Tec?" and your character ends up saying "So tell me more about this... Vault-Tec?".

dex3108

Yeah, but its past AAA titles have had region-specific unlock times, Rogue included. It seems stupid to me that people here will be buying physical copies in a few hours but won't be able to play the game until 4am AET tomorrow. What's the point of having a worldwide release date if you're going to force some countries to wait an extra day?

Ubisoft ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. They are silent on Twitter too. I asked for Uplay unlock times official UPlay account, AC account and EsoBlades AC CM (i am "good" with him) and i got 0 responses.

It starts off fantastic that's for sure.

I get what he wants to say but that article has too many issues :D

zkylon

zkylewd

i'm fine with this, i could use a break for a few months to play xcom 2

august tho, that's a lot of months, that kind of makes me worried

when's dishonored again?

From seller who has contract with publisher :D For example GMG sells Black Ops 3 and they don't have contract with publisher to sell them so they buy keys from GetGames/WinGameStore... and they have contracts with publisher.
ah i see

that seems convoluted and weird like anything involving a publisher heh

alrighty then

PhaZZe

Banned
valve send a email saying nov 17 Chilean Peso will be available, already nov 18 and no clp, how much time valve takes for new money currency?

Oh you know Dishonored is getting delayed zxylon.

It's too close to Doom and that ones already coming hot off Fallout 4.

It's fine it gives me time to play XCom 2, Dragons Dogma and Disgaea.

Teggy

The mod is representing the actual dialog. The full dialog, not just "press [ ] to be sarcastic" which is how it's laid out without the mod. Or times where it's "O - Vault-Tec?" and your character ends up saying "So tell me more about this... Vault-Tec?".

How on earth did they do that? Are all the lines in the game files somewhere for subtitles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom