• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
Pete Hines is a rude PR skeez machine, I'm not sure why we should care about what he thinks or represent his opinion as that of the writers. Hopefully they correct their inconsistencies at some point in the future.

Bethesda should hire Sonic The Hedgehog's guy to replace Hines, at least he would have fun with the questions and be nice.

louiedog

Rocket League would probably be the easiest to flip, or you could just use B/S/T if you don't think there's something you'd want for yourself. South Park and Hard West would be my personal recommendations but I don't know what genres you are into.

Thanks. I know I'd really like Rocket League, but that I'd also only play it for about 2 hours and move on. It might still be worth it, at least my friends could share. I'm less interested in the other two.

Right now I'm thinking Talos DLC and Hacknet which looks pretty cool.

I'm sure I can then find some $5 DLC for a game I have to round it out.

Bethesda should hire Sonic The Hedgehog's guy to replace Hines, at least he would have fun with the questions and be nice.

they should hire me!

I9lBjrW.png

There are a lot of options when posting something on this forum.

If SteamGAF was invited to a locked-room mystery would everyone starve to death? Who would resort to cannibalism first?

Nzyme32

Undertale is so good, guys.

And the icing on the cake was that it gave me a $4 foil.

Damn right! Even further play-throughs are fun

It's like I sit down to play a little Rocket League and suddenly it's 5 hours later and midnight. This keeps happening.

Rocket League is half way to having that Civ factor, where I start a "quick" session at 5pm, and next time I check the time it's 5am.

Life is Strange i've said before but I felt the ending was entirely flat. Sure the game still has it's moments but it kind of ruined some things in retrospect.
Still the build up and waiting for some of the next episodes was rather nice. If I wanna be that guy I would still say Tales from the Borderlands is the better game.
But that's pretty dumb since they're not all that comparable outside of their gameplay style at it's most basic form.

I wanted Life is Strange to be more like what episode 1 and 2 was. Those are the best eps in it.
Reminds me of this from the Simpsons:

it most likely came from the moon too.

which reminds me, STILL no destiny on pc. I'm legit surprised, I really am. I was so sure it would've come over after a year. It's a shit game tho so don't worry, you're not missing out on much.

Jawmuncher

I wanted Life is Strange to be more like what episode 1 and 2 was. Those are the best eps in it.

it most likely came from the moon too.

which reminds me, STILL no destiny on pc. I'm legit surprised, I really am. I was so sure it would've come over after a year.

That's funny because I thought episode 1 was kind of a bore. I didn't interested until 2.

I will go to sleep tonight and dream of Obsidian's next Fallout game but it seems unlikely to happen given how their relationship with Bethsueda ended last time, lol.

Meh, I rather they didn't. Chris Avellone isn't there anymore so the writing won't be that good and everything else about that game other than the writing / dialog was generally worse than Fallout 3.

Obsidian's true destiny is an Archer rpg.

That's funny because I thought episode 1 was kind of a bore. I didn't interested until 2.

what was your favorite episode then?

thinking about life is strange made me remember a huge flaw that I had with the ending of the game, end game spoilers:

It didn't make sense that Chloe being alive is what causes the storm and that she HAS to die. We save her father and my mans was cool beans. no wheel chair, no nothing. The more I think about it, that ending really was a cop out.

Jawmuncher

what was your favorite episode then?

thinking about life is strange made me remember a huge flaw that I had with the ending of the game, end game spoilers:

It didn't make sense that Chloe being alive is what causes the storm and that she HAS to die. We save her father and my mans was cool beans. no wheel chair, no nothing. The more I think about it, that ending really was a cop out.

Yeah that was the issue I had with the ending.
When you start to sit there and think about it there are a lot of flaws you can find.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
IMO I wish there were other moments for LiS to take out your powers. I wanted more risky situations like those and that overall would add more to the experience on making sure you are aware that you can't exploit your powers all the time. As for the ending
I think there could have been maybe a 3rd alternate ending where you could fix everything but be hard to get.

Yeah that was the issue I had with the ending.
When you start to sit there and think about it there are a lot of flaws you can find.

yea. But idc, I've made my own ending in my mind that I'm completely satisfied with and ignore the ones they came up with :p One thing that I appreciate about dontnod or w/e they're called is that they actually made a game and it just wasn't an interactive "movie" like telltale games. Some of the puzzles in LiS actually had me sitting there trying to figure out how to solve em.

IMO I wish there were other moments for LiS to take out your powers. I wanted more risky situations like those and that overall would add more to the experience on making sure you are aware that you can't exploit your powers all the time. As for the ending
I think there could have been maybe a 3rd alternate ending where you could fix everything but be hard to get.

yea this is actually why you know what part is my favorite, the stakes were high, no going back.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
yea. But idc, I've made my own ending in my mind that I'm completely satisfied with and ignore the ones they came up with :p One thing that I appreciate about dontnod or w/e they're called is that they actually made a game and it just wasn't an interactive "movie" like telltale games. Some of the puzzles in LiS actually had me sitting there trying to figure out how to solve em.

yea this is actually why you know what part is my favorite, the stakes were high, no going back.

I think there might be things that were limited to the budget and being rushed to release the episodes with the deadlines. There could have been more puzzles, more situations taking your powers and other things fleshed out but since the budget wasn't huge they worked with what they could and it worked despite the endings not being groundbreaking in any way.

Meh, I rather they didn't. Chris Avellone isn't there anymore so the writing won't be that good and everything else about that game other than the writing / dialog was generally worse than Fallout 3.

Obsidian's true destiny is an Archer rpg.
How? The shooting was improved with the iron sights and the writing is incredibly important and integral to everything related to an RPG. I really enjoyed Fallout 4 but the differences in quest design and branching are incredibly obvious and made me yearn for New Vegas with the engine improvements/gameplay.

Wastleand 2 was certainly a wonderful game for me to scratch the itch, but aye, I would love to have Obsidian's love of the franchise and the Fallout IP attached to such a title.

I haven't played these games but maybe UnderRail and even NEO Scavenger may scratch that itch, though I don't think they are focused on dialogues.

I have Wasteland 2 and Underrail (it's almost out of EA), NEO Scavenger does look neat (demo was interesting) but I was mostly thinking of Obsidian doing a new post-apocalyptic crpg since the Fallout series is now property of Bethesda. It would be nice for Obsidian to make something new that they own and have full creative control over.

I would help contribute to a kickstarter for that.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Initially this puzzle was pretty interesting, but I think it's safe to say that this may have become a bit too obtuse if we're now 8 days out from the original post and nobody's figured it out yet.

Dsyndrome

There are a lot of options when posting something on this forum.

If SteamGAF was invited to a locked-room mystery would everyone starve to death? Who would resort to cannibalism first?

There are 321 ways to find out...

I just want whoever wins this thing to explain their logic, I've got nothing and haven't been around to see anything else this hard.

Caerith

How many guesses do you get for a riddle giveaway? Is it like a normal giveaway where you only get one entry right or wrong, or does your entry only count if you get the right answer?

Jawmuncher

How many guesses do you get for a riddle giveaway? Is it like a normal giveaway where you only get one entry right or wrong, or does your entry only count if you get the right answer?

I'm pretty sure it's only one unless Stump has changed it.
I wonder if he'll consider changing that in the future.

KingKong

The key flaw in KF2 and Payday 2 ripping off CSGOs skins is that no one gives a crap what kind of rare gun skin someone has in those games

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Single entry, regardless of if your answer is wrong.

- Entering counts as an entry,. so if you get the question wrong, you cannot enter again.

The trivia answer submission guidelines aren't particularly clear either. I think a picture showing a correct submission would be helpful there, Stump.

Caerith

I'm pretty sure it's only one unless Stump has changed it.
I wonder if he'll consider changing that in the future.

Single entry, regardless of if your answer is wrong.

The trivia answer submission guidelines aren't particularly clear either. I think a picture showing a correct submission would be helpful there, Stump.
People have done successful trivia giveaways in the past, so it's not too hard to figure out.

But in a case like this, well, maybe everybody already disqualified themselves. I know I did, but if I wanted to guess again in light of the newer clues, it's not like I can change anything to change the past.

Ozium

People have done successful trivia giveaways in the past, so it's not too hard to figure out.

But in a case like this, well, maybe everybody already disqualified themselves. I know I did, but if I wanted to guess again in light of the newer clues, it's not like I can change anything to change the past.

what newer clues though?

most everyone knows what game he is talking about

no one knows what the question is, let alone how to answer it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom