• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nete

Trade it for my EVGA 980 and $100 >_>

Totally a losing trade in your case (in power, dunno bout price tag, I think the diff is $150? but I really do want to upgrade so I'm throwing this out there with a prayer lol

I guess the shipping (and maybe customs) would destroy any sense on this deal for both of us... as I'm from EU :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
newegg plz
dwY0xeV.png

On the subject of Battlefront's poor performance at GameStop, Bartel said, "We're not going to quantify it in terms of actual numbers, but we had high expectations that diminished somewhat as it got closer and it failed to hit those lowered expectations."

good. fuck shitty DLC practices

fertygo

Yeah, I know the 980ti destroys the 760. I'm just not sure if I will really need all that power even in the future, or if I could go with something between both (970 or the future Pascal equivalent), while getting some extra cash for shit.

I mean, I've NEVER bought a top-tier graphic card besides a 8800GT back in the day... and that was only because it was a hell of a deal.

Is you can play everything that you want currently in satisfactory with that 760?

If so, selling the 980TI for like 550$-650$ quick buck and waiting for Pascal's 970 equivalent might a good idea

If me tho its too much work.. I just keep it and enjoying life

Uzzy

Yeah, I know the 980ti destroys the 760. I'm just not sure if I will really need all that power even in the future, or if I could go with something between both (970 or the future Pascal equivalent), while getting some extra cash for shit.

I mean, I've NEVER bought a top-tier graphic card besides a 8800GT back in the day... and that was only because it was a hell of a deal.

I don't know if this will apply to the 980TI you got, but the absolute best thing about my EVGA 980TI is that it runs almost silently for 90% of the games I play. It probably helps that I have a Fractal case and Noctua fans, but it's a huge improvement over my last card, a 7970.

$30 USD right?

Yea 30 USD. The cost of backing in the early tier on KS.

Bethesda.

I dunno about this. Yea, Pete Hines is kind of a douchebag but at the same time the guy is going for a rather pedantic gotcha with the Fallout 2 continuity question. The answer to every how/why question you could dream up is "because videogames".

Keep it and sell my 760?
Sell the 980ti and buy something between both?

Dude keep it. It's an awesome card and it should last for a really long time. A lot (most) people can't normally afford top of the line hardware so if luck has smiled upon you then you might as well make the most of it.

You mean the same dlc practices that where in previous Dice games that actually added tons of great content?

BF3 and BF4 had a lot more content than Battlefront is offering. But I'm sure you know that already.

fertygo

I don't know if this will apply to the 980TI you got, but the absolute best thing about my EVGA 980TI is that it runs almost silently for 90% of the games I play. It probably helps that I have a Fractal case and Noctua fans, but it's a huge improvement over my last card, a 9790.

that card is frigging ancient tho, I would imagine 3 year old card like 760 not reaching that status

oh its 7970 >_>

frigging typo

louiedog

What's a good, recent game in the $15-$30 range that probably won't get discounted much on Steam by the end of the year?

I have GMG credit to use up but their selection isn't great. No SOMA, no Axiom Verge, no Dreamfall Chapters.

I have $30 in credit and was thinking maybe Talos DLC and something else for $15.

edit: No Undertale either...

Bethesda doesn't really make rpgs, they make open world games that are more about content tourism with little to no consequence. Given how many copies their games sell over the years and the hours you see people investing in them, they're obviously doing something that a lot of people like.

I will go to sleep tonight and dream of Obsidian's next Fallout game but it seems unlikely to happen given how their relationship with Bethsueda ended last time, lol.

It would be neat if Obsidian actually made a top down, isometric crpg spiritual successor to Fallout using the PoE engine. It's not like the world is flooded with post-apocalyptic rpgs, and there is an audience for New Vegas that is being under-served.

Khronico

There was a lot more base content for the original $60 in Battlefield though.

battlefield 3 and 4 has plenty of content in the vanilla game to justify $60 though.

Speaking in terms of content at launch yes Battlefront is sparse compared to Battlefield.

The DLC practices however remained the same and have consistently produced some great extra content. Dice's track record in terms of post game support is fantastic, I doubt that will change for Battlefront.

Speaking in terms of content at launch yes Battlefront is sparse compared to Battlefield.

The DLC practices however remained the same and have consistently produced some great extra content. Dice's track record in terms of post game support is fantastic, I doubt that will change for Battlefront.

Yeah I'm sure the content of the season pass will be good and up to BF standard but the trouble for people is how sparse the game is at $60 and that some of that season pass content could have been used to fill the game out to be worth the $60, instead of charging people $50 for what some would consider stuff that should be in the base game.

He says he didn't get paid to say he likes AC Syndicate and that game is awesome!, but then goes on to say Ubisoft paid for his trip out there and was really nice to him and so on and he then says. "Well I guess you could say they paid me".

Basically his endorsment isn't as geniune as he thinks lol.
uh?

if you watch the video clip the guy says ubisoft didnt pay him
then he says they flew him out to an event and took care of him
then at the end realizes "i guess they did pay me"

did.. you even watch the video?
I only go to a tweet following that link. Touched everything but no video opened o_O Need to take a second look once I come on my PC.
But lol that is funny what you summarized.

I think you're not understanding the issue. it doesn't matter how good the season pass is, the point remains that they're asking for $60 for a very bare bone game and they plan on actually adding meat to it with DLC that you gotta fork over $50 for it.

and i bet you my left nut the game will get microtransactions down the line too just like how Plants vs Zombies did.

Uzzy

that card is frigging ancient tho, I would imagine 3 year old card like 760 not reaching that status

oh its 7970 >_>

frigging typo

Yeah, I saw your post and went 'eh, a 7970 isn't that old!', then realised what I wrote. Numbers, how do they work.

In other unrelated news, I just bought a poster of this image. Hopefully it'll come out nice enough to frame and hang on my wall.

Khronico

Yeah I'm sure the content of the season pass will be good and up to BF standard but the trouble for people is how sparse the game is at $60 and that some of that season pass content could have been used to fill the game out to be worth the $60, instead of charging people $50 for what some would consider stuff that should be in the base game.
I think you're not understanding the issue. it doesn't matter how good the season pass is, the point remains that they're asking for $60 for a very bare bone game and they plan on actually adding meat to it with DLC that you gotta fork over $50 for it.

and i bet you my left nut the game will get microtransactions down the line too just like how Plants vs Zombies did.

I'm not bothered by the amount of content (put 7 hours in the beta which only had one map) in Battlefront on release but I can see how people see this as an issue.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there something wrong with Steam and chat rooms for groups? Many seem to be down when normally they have at least a dozen people and I can't seem to start up one myself for a few others.

It would be neat if Obsidian actually made a top down, isometric crpg spiritual successor to Fallout using the PoE engine. It's not like the world is flooded with post-apocalyptic rpgs, and there is an audience for New Vegas that is being under-served.

Wastleand 2 was certainly a wonderful game for me to scratch the itch, but aye, I would love to have Obsidian's love of the franchise and the Fallout IP attached to such a title.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
In other unrelated news, I just bought a poster of this image. Hopefully it'll come out nice enough to frame and hang on my wall.

Awesome! I guess you didn't get mad about the ending like a lot of GAF did.

Lomax

What's a good, recent game in the $15-$30 range that probably won't get discounted much on Steam by the end of the year?

I have GMG credit to use up but their selection isn't great. No SOMA, no Axiom Verge, no Dreamfall Chapters.

I have $30 in credit and was thinking maybe Talos DLC and something else for $15.

The VIP deals for Rocket League and South Park are as good as they'll be on Steam and both games are widely loved. Also Hard West looks really cool and is brand new.

Kifimbo

Life is Strange ?

Bethesda doesn't really make rpgs, they make open world games that are more about content tourism with little to no consequence. Given how many copies their games sell over the years and the hours you see people investing in them, they're obviously doing something that a lot of people like.

I haven't played these games but maybe UnderRail and even NEO Scavenger may scratch that itch, though I don't think they are focused on dialogues.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I entirely understand where the people who are mad about the ending are coming from, but personally, I loved the whole thing and wept like a baby.

Good to hear. I agree too that the ending could have been better (or more optional paths, or whatever) but I also thought it was pretty great.

I fired it up yesterday to pick up a few of the optional photos I missed during my playthrough. The music in the main menu... those feels.

Jawmuncher

Anyone with a good chunk of credit is better off using it on a preorder like Street Fighter V or something. Just because a launch discount like that is pretty big. Hell if you really want you could buy something and just try to sell the key for like 45. More than a few people did that with Fallout 4 and the Mad Max Coupon Mistake. I mean that's too much work for me, but if you gotta spend that shit ASAP there are options.

-----

Life is Strange i've said before but I felt the ending was entirely flat. Sure the game still has it's moments but it kind of ruined some things in retrospect.
Still the build up and waiting for some of the next episodes was rather nice. If I wanna be that guy I would still say Tales from the Borderlands is the better game.
But that's pretty dumb since they're not all that comparable outside of their gameplay style at it's most basic form.

Dsyndrome

Well, despite the LOL Time attitude going on in Gaming, found out about To Be or Not To Be, looks interesting and something I'll impulse buy later on this week. Also reminds me that I should play 80 Days.

Should be able to knock a good portion off the wishlist despite the lack of flash deals and dailies, hopefully Serpent in the Staglands gets some kind of discount.

Lomax

Stupid Windows 10 question.

Do I need to back anything up or does it do a good job keeping everything intact while crossing over?

I was shocked at how smooth my upgrade went, but more backups is always better safe than sorry. But in theory, you shouldn't need to backup anything.

Lomax

Rocket League is sort of tempting me, but I question how much I'd actually play it.

Rocket League would probably be the easiest to flip, or you could just use B/S/T if you don't think there's something you'd want for yourself. South Park and Hard West would be my personal recommendations but I don't know what genres you are into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom