• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasFool

Humble sent me an email titled "Humble Karma". It's a fancy way of saying that they'll give you $5/£5/€5 store credit if you buy one of: Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, AC: Syndicate, Just Cause 3, or RS: Siege off their store.

I didn't see anything listed on the storefront, so check your e-mails.

Dsyndrome

I missed the original post. I'm probably more confused than most.
What giveaway?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=185604260&postcount=11456

Hints are in his post history, some of us thought it was Hitman: Absolution, not the case. Current best guess is FFXIII-2. His hints come in his post history. Check around when he posts to see other folks' guesses/analysis.

I already gave an incorrect answer to ModBot so can't even keep guessing. :(

Jawmuncher

We just have to Sea Man

8430-550x-seamanm9yq7.jpg

People have done successful trivia giveaways in the past, so it's not too hard to figure out.

But in a case like this, well, maybe everybody already disqualified themselves. I know I did, but if I wanted to guess again in light of the newer clues, it's not like I can change anything to change the past.

But why would you guess?

If you don't know what the game is then you almost certainly don't have the correct answer. The clues are specific; you should not have to guess the answer.

--------------------------------

You need to reorder the pics by using the word "sea" as a guide.

I really can't really get more obvious than this unless I just do it for you.

EDIT - I mean I guess I could spell it out for you. Spell it out for you. Spell it out.

Meh, I rather they didn't. Chris Avellone isn't there anymore so the writing won't be that good and everything else about that game other than the writing / dialog was generally worse than Fallout 3.

Obsidian's true destiny is an Archer rpg.
As much as I like playing NV right now, I want an Archer game more. Can you imagine a spinoff adventure like season 5 getting made into a game? That would be glorious!

That's funny because I thought episode 1 was kind of a bore. I didn't interested until 2.

You're right. Episode 1 was not anything worthy of my attention. At the end of episode 2, the story started to pick up. At the end of episode 3, I was interested in where it was going. Episode 4 was strong and that ending... oh that ending caught me by surprise... and then Episode 5 was just... a letdown. And it brought back the some of the worst parts of the gameplay, what little actual gameplay is in a game like this (and it tried to poke fun at itself for doing so, but that just made me angrier). Then you figure out the forced ending stuff and how there were so many other possibilities and it's really disappointing.

Jawmuncher

I do want to say I hope you aren't taking this the wrong way Uncredited male.
We're just all legitimately stumped, and teasing is the only way to get around it for us.

Accoun

Humble sent me an email titled "Humble Karma". It's a fancy way of saying that they'll give you $5/£5/€5 store credit if you buy one of: Black Ops 3, Fallout 4, AC: Syndicate, Just Cause 3, or RS: Siege off their store.

I didn't see anything listed on the storefront, so check your e-mails.

I read your post, got excited and reminded myself that Humble aren't DRM-free for a good while. :-/

Sigh. You got to reorder something. You are told to do it using another thing. So you think, "well what order is it in?"

I do want to say I hope you aren't taking this the wrong way Uncredited male.
We're just all legitimately stumped, and teasing is the only way to get around it for us.

I think I really now know why Socrates killed himself.

EDIT - You get a pass though. Your brain is the size of a walnut.

Jawmuncher

Indivisible update
All backers $1 to $99 will get a Steam Key for How to Survive. Tiers that are $100 and above will get a key to How to Survive and Brothers. Nothing major but a free bonus is a free bonus. So i guess if anyone want's How to survive for a dollar and help someone out this is the best way.
Hey, backers! Have a good weekend? Hope so!

As we head into the final two weeks of the campaign, we've got some exciting things to tell you about, so let's get right to it.

505 Games is sweetening the deal!

Each perk for the Indivisible campaign is getting added value with Steam codes provided by 505 Games. Each tier UNDER $100 will be getting a Steam key for How to Survive.

All tiers $100 and above, will get How to Survive ANDBrothers.

That's not all, though.

For the winner of each contest we've got going on, 505 Games will offer a choice between a customized Indivisible PS4, customized Indivisible Xbox One, or an EVGA NVIDIA 980 video card!

Pretty sweet, right? We want to give a big thanks to 505 Games for making each tier in Indivisible an even better value.

Vamphuntr

Indivisible update
All backers $1 to $99 will get a Steam Key for How to Survive. Tiers that are $100 and above will get a key to How to Survive and Brothers. Nothing major but a free bonus is a free bonus. So i guess if anyone want's How to survive for a dollar and help someone out this is the best way.

It's so sad that even with the extension that it's not funded yet and now they have to give away stuff to incite people to contribute.

But why would you guess?

--------------------------------

I really can't really get more obvious than this unless I just do it for you.

EDIT - I mean I guess I could spell it out for you. Spell it out for you. Spell it out.
You know, if I knew if it's a game I'd want, I might turn the old gray matter into full-throttle but as it stands, it is in idle.

Jawmuncher

It's so sad that even with the extension that it's not funded yet and now they have to give away stuff to incite people to contribute.

Being indiegogo and over a million bucks was always gonna be a tough endeavor. Doesn't help that the minimum for the game is 30.

Vamphuntr

Being indiegogo and over a million bucks was always gonna be a tough endeavor. Doesn't help that the minimum for the game is 30.

Yeah and aren't they gambling their company on it too? I wonder how desperate they will get and what they will be ready to concede to get it funded. It's a shame because the demo was really good.

I spent 10 minutes at this puzzle. That is 10 minutes I won't get back.

No game is worth this much trouble.

I tried to help dsyndrome figure it out one night. We came to the conclusion that FFXIII-2 probably fit best, but I already have it and he already guessed? I figured people would be done with it by now. :lol

Messiah

xCaCRUu.png

what do I win?

A fun time.

uncredited male e-mail tagged "321" in an earlier post. What it means? Hell if I know.

My guesses were SEA - S(ix) [notice how the se7en is written as a number] E(ight) 4 or seeing the letters in the word Sea being in reverse alphabetical order and sorting the images like that. Those assumptions were wrongh though. I am at my wit's end.

Ozium

hope you guys are excited for my trivia contest that uses hebrew gemmatria to arrive at a series of letters which must then be collated and searched in the midrash and cross referenced with a medieval text about merkabah mysticism in order to ascertain the question

ים השאלות

A bad game :p

Hey now. It's not like he's playing a Trails or Ys game... ;)

hope you guys are excited for my trivia contest that uses hebrew gemmatria to arrive at a series of letters which must then be collated and searched in the midrash and cross referenced with a medieval text about merkabah mysticism in order to ascertain the question

ים השאלות

لا يمكنني الانتظار

oipic

Even if it's as obvious as sorting (the filenames of?) the images in reverse-alphabetical order, or something along those lines, I'm still not sure what that would leave us with - or how it would then make clear what text comprises the answer that ModBot so desires.

If this puzzle has any cryptic elements to it, though, then no doubt that's all flying over my head.

Well played though, Sir, well played.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
I don't know anything about Final Fantasy XIII-2 but Google tells me that there are quiz questions in the game so it's probably related to that.

SEA is probably 534 or something.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Indivisible update

It's a pity the Steam version of the prototype is a demo rather than a game. I've no interest in Indivisible, but I'd have thrown a few bucks L0's way if the latter were the case and it were willing to part with a key so the prototype would count as a +1.

Edit: Apparently Valve required that the prototype be a demo. Aw. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom