• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Getting angry at microtransactions is one of the reasons I stopped caring about gaming news just as long as it doesn't break the game or divides the player base.

I've been playing tf2 for a long time and barely care for much of the cosmetic items. The weapons usually drop in a pretty good rate after a certain time.

Basically, go outside and talk a walk instead of this pointless argument.

Ludens

Banned
So, I just did Catwoman and Robin DLCs, both were garbage:

-10 minutes long as usually
-nothing new, some predator maps, some combat maps, that's it

Also
Rocksteadry apparently fucked up with Batman lore: Batgirl is now married to Tim Drake/Robin, and that's ok, because new universe etc...but Robin is also a policeman. Basically they swapped Dick Grayson and Tim Drake for no reasons. If it's done on purpose, what is the purpose? If it's a mistake, they can document themself before writing the "plot" of those DLCs.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Platformines -- MB-6069D409FA28E5AA - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX Plus All You Can Eat Edition -- MB-AA8C00C9F799FA38 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 12 entrants total.

t1448458716z1.png

dex3108

Also
Rocksteadry apparently fucked up with Batman lore: Batgirl is now married to Tim Drake/Robin, and that's ok, because new universe etc...but Robin is also a policeman. Basically they swapped Dick Grayson and Tim Drake for no reasons. If it's done on purpose, what is the purpose? If it's a mistake, they can document themself before writing the "plot" of those DLCs.

Ar we now reached 2 hour mark for story DLCs? :D

Ludens

Banned
Ar we now reached 2 hour mark for story DLCs? :D

Let's see:

-Batgirl is around 40 minutes-1 hours long
-Harley Quinn is 10 minutes
-Red Hood 10 minutes
-Nightwing 10 minutes
-Catwoman 10 minutes
-Robin 10 minutes

So the answer is "almost".

Also "story dlc" is a bit forced for this garbage. Those are NOT story DLCs, excluding maybe Batgirl actually providing a little content of story, but still it follows the same patter of other DLCs, only with some freedom in and here. Those are the equivalent of Initiation DLC for Arkham Origins, only we have those little cutscenes instead of simple text. There's really no story on those DLCs, they are challenge packs. I think WB marked them as Story DLC because there are more people interested into story DLCs, they would probably skip challenge packs.

The KF2 thing is more poorly timed than anything, of course people that moved on from Payday 2 to another popular co-op game are going to be a little miffed when a couple weeks later it adds similar microtransaction stuff.

I don't think their method is particularly bad from what I've read (which isn't a whole lot, I'm not 100% clear on how it all works) but there is an argument to be had about having microtransactions on a early access game that has slow content roll outs, some could take that as a misuse of resources or not delivering on the promised vision of the game and making it into something they didn't buy into.

TL;DR - Only time will tell if it's a good idea or not, chill in the mean time folks.

Tizoc

^Yo that's almost new thread worthy.

Today may be the darkest day in SteamGAF history, but Manga-dom has finally been witness to the greatest event of our time:
Guts
Got off
the fucking
boat
6bl4fZU.gif

Arthea

The other IF games are 80% off, so I don't know if it's a price mistake, but the publisher for Amnesia listed on WinGameStore is Retroism. Steam has Idea Factory listed as the publisher on the actual store page. I'm not 100% studied up on A:M's rights but I wonder if something's up there?

EDIT: I guess not, they have Cladun and Fairy Fencer F listed as Retroism as well. Guess it's just some distribution thing.

IDK who's responsible for this decision, but it's a horrible one, it's a new game, never have been on sale so far, well except now it is, and almost free.

also for future reference, sales before wingamestore sale

Another good WGS deal:

The Book of Unwritten Tales collection for $3.99

All three Unwritted Tales games, according to Store Page.
The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 cost $8.74 alone.

that's indeed an amazing deal, I wish I waited... oh well

Also

They managed to feel lazier to me than the previous dlcs. Best parts were listening to the goons' and Riddler's dialogue. They could at least have done some interesting puzzle for Catwoman's dlc.

Arthea

I have no idea what are you celebrating here

what's Manga-dom?

I bet it's nothing remotely steam related, but I'll ask in case I'm wrong.

Kuroyume

Banned
I have no idea what are you celebrating here

what's Manga-dom?

I bet it's nothing remotely steam related, but I'll ask in case I'm wrong.

Manga-dom is just a word he made up.

Basically, there's a Japanese comic book (or manga) called Berserk. It's really popular. The updates of the comic have been very slow. Like 1-2 chapters per year. And basically the main character has been stuck on a boat for like a decade because the comic updates so slowly. In other words the story has progressed really slowly... It's probably been years since we've seen the character other than 1 flashback chapter. Now, finally it appears like he's off the boat.

Well, people are okay with everything the naughty gods do, because they're the best, most selfless, friendly, smart, cool and progressive industry veterans in the world, so i don't know how good the compairson is, but the other ones had to face similar criticism. It just was probably less vocal due to them beeing more mainstream than PD or KF .

People were and some are still complaining how AC Syndicate is grindy because of MT. That just proves they never played Ezio trilogy where you had to grind way more to do certain things.

I just wanted to point out that price tag that has got nothing to do with the outrages.

If they wanted to add microtransactions to their games (paid or f2p), they should've added them from the beginning and it'll be fine. Lesson learned, I guess.

MUnited83

For you.
After this reaction i guess they wont.
Well, if they do weapons , they will be part of the content shared in the server, aka just one person needs to have it to everyone to be able to use it.

So its not really a issue.

And this market thingy is far superior than the fuckfest of DLC the first one had.

Ludens

Banned
Guys, do you remember that thread I was juniored for? Well, on MGS thread there's a rumor about PT like game by Kojima and Del Toro on One presented this December or during E3 2016.

Ban Puncher

He said, via a post on the internet.

Knowing Australian mobile data charges, posting that gif probably cost him $5! That's determination.

I cut a deal with my phone company that they will give me free data via my mobile phone until the phone line is replaced.

Well, free is not really the word. $10 per GB but they'll "refund me the amount". It will probably be another shit-fight but I don't really have any other options.

No Steam or videos though. And it's spotty as fuck.

JIF's are legitimately killing me, yo.

yuraya

My predictions for the discounts in todays sale.

MGSV 15%

Axiom Verge 25%

Rocket League 33%

Undertale 33%

Dying Light 50%

Life is Strange 50%

Tales from the Borderlands 50%

Cities Skylines 50%

Ori and the Blind Forest 50%

Mad Max 75%

Borderlands 2 GOTY 80%

Skyrim 80%

Alan Wake 85%

FTL 90%

Bad Rats 95%

HGH

Banned
Those WinGameStore deals are ridiculous. And it's not even Friday! What a time.
Knowing Australian mobile data charges, posting that gif probably cost him $5! That's determination.
Is this an internet bandwidth thing?
I'm not sure if it's ok sharing this since it's sorta off topic, but here's my personal experience.
In 2007 I moved houses. Went from a slow, no cap connection, to a sorta slow, capped connection.
The cap was 3GBs. A month. Every extra GB was penalized 10$. For a household of 5.
A year later it was upgraded up to 4GBs. Let's just say we didn't watch or download much at home. So my best advice is go out with friends, and use internet cafes. Also micromanage everything you open, you don't want those full page ads loading!

In 2010 it became 20GBs. Then 40GBs. Then they reduced the extra penalty to 3$ per extra GB. Now we pay extra but at least we get unlimited bandwidth.

What I'm saying is, stay strong. It'll be years but it'll get better eventually.

Arthea

I was wondering for which exact reason BADLAND has GOTY edition. I don't remember it being GOTY anywhere.

ya, I know, it's futile

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Origin had the 90 Days No Cut deal for KS games.

Ah, I'd forgotten about that.

And honestly, who cares? Not like it cost Obsidian anything.

...I wasn't complaining but merely pointing out that the deal is worthless unless you happen to own PoE on Origin -- a game that is sold as a Steam title everywhere else bar GOG.

I cut a deal with my phone company that they will give me free data via my mobile phone until the phone line is replaced.

Well, free is not really the word. $10 per GB but they'll "refund me the amount". It will probably be another shit-fight but I don't really have any other options.

Oh, I've been there. I've just recently installed an unlimited fiber internet at my house, in fact.
I've been using broadband internet with data charges for years, and I think I was doing fine. I mostly downloaded games from my workplace (leaving my laptop on overnight) or just copied the backups from my friends, or bought them from others. The only things that I had to avoid were gifs and videos. I had to install that gif killer extension on chrome. It's not that bad, really.

I'll post all my gifs in spoiler tags out of respect for your situation.

Stay strong.

Drakhyrr

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Drakhyrr, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overlord -- MB-7D921D7B60A28F02 - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Grid 2 -- MB-28C142B294E9EDC9 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 4 entrants total.
Overlord Raising Hell -- MB-B301B67B07EA042E - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Operation Flashpoint Complete -- MB-3131B0BC347C09E1 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Overlord 2 -- MB-A3C7E2DA2990FA7C - Taken by someguyinahat. 5 entrants total.
Dirt Showdown -- MB-69040E2BDCA90039 - Taken by PunishedSnake. 2 entrants total.

t1448452716z1.png

Got part of the bundle in a giveaway yesterday, but caved in to get Grid Autosport. So here it is, plus repeats.
Also, forgot NOTHANKS, but there is no need to PM me, just enjoy.

Copons

i'm so broke for this sale, three birthday gifts, two birthday cakes, pearl jam, bought some new headphones and another fancy leather jacket, ughh

im never gonna save up for that trip to japan

You should do like I'm doing: plan up your wedding and a Japan honeymoon and hope your friends and family won't be cheapass with cash gifts.

Unrelated: HOLY SHIT, I stopped reading Berserk like in 1980, and he already was on the fucking ship, I totally assumed he got off 20 years ago or something.

There are elves around or whatever the little fairy guy is?
The gal there is finally cured?
What about the white hair dude? Is he still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom