• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

Strania - The Stella Machina is 40% off

header.jpg

That released today at 10% off. G.rev be like.

zkylon

zkylewd
tFI42rZ.jpg

it's gonna be hard to discover all these great offers if you keep showing me the same games over and over steam

what a fucking piece of shit system lol

Salsa

guys I know Undertale is good

not buying it at full price doesnt mean im trying to be an ass or think its not worth it

sometimes I dont have $10, sometimes I think it's been long enough since release that a sale must be coming sooner and i'd rather get something else on day 1

I think everyone knows how great it's said to be

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Separate threads, I think I will lock the community thread during the Winter sale. Whoever is doing January's thread should post it during the sale, and I'll leave it unlocked, and we'll update the Winter sale thread to advertise the community thread and drive some traffic back.

The other mods and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how we can help inject new blood in community threads without just having them sit in the main forums clogging up the front page, and I think the consensus is to encourage people to cross-promote. There's a strong norm of cross-promotion on reddit, where say if there's a subreddit about <Game X> and then news about <Game X> is posted in /r/gaming, posters will call attention to the fact that there's a subreddit for the game. I think that's something we could learn from. So using Steam-related threads in Gaming to "advertise" the Steam Community thread is something I'd like to see and I think the Winter sale thread would be a good way to do that.

Red Hood

Banned
I've been eyeing the Fallout Classic Collection for a while now. Wanted to get into isometric RPGs like Fallout 1 and 2. But lol, the package (9,99) is more expensive than the three games separate (2,49). Unless that's what they're after, making it seem like buying them separate is better.

Kyougar

Is Endless Legends any good? It's only 66% so I'll probably wait until the winter sale, but I'd still like to know.

It has the Civilization Feel. I started probably 20 times one time before I got longer than 20 turns in. I'm not saying its bad, it IS good, but Random creation can sometimes fuck you

It is addictive as hell.

RE: Separate threads, I think I will lock the community thread during the Winter sale. Whoever is doing January's thread should post it during the sale, and I'll leave it unlocked, and we'll update the Winter sale thread to advertise the community thread and drive some traffic back.

The other mods and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how we can help inject new blood in community threads without just having them sit in the main forums clogging up the front page, and I think the consensus is to encourage people to cross-promote. There's a strong norm of cross-promotion on reddit, where say if there's a subreddit about <Game X> and then news about <Game X> is posted in /r/gaming, posters will call attention to the fact that there's a subreddit for the game. I think that's something we could learn from. So using Steam-related threads in Gaming to "advertise" the Steam Community thread is something I'd like to see and I think the Winter sale thread would be a good way to do that.

Not a bad idea. I try to make an incentive for people to come by giving away new games like Tales, MGSV, Transformers, etc. Doesn't seem to work so great though...

Well, guess we'll see.

Arthea

so Amnesia really did bomb... and IF considers it a lost cause. It probably means we aren't getting more VNs from them.
Thanks steam community, for not buying good VNs but buying horrible ones. You really drove that point home to all by now.

Soulflarz

Banned
are the

rocket league DLCs

WORTH IT?

They are not top tier cars statistically if I remember correctly, but who cares, it's a DeLorean in soccer with flying cars, buy it.

so Amnesia really did bomb... and IF considers it a lost cause. It probably means we aren't getting more VNs from them.
Thanks steam community, for not buying good VNs but buying horrible ones. You really drove that point home to all by now.

also iirc, amnesia is trash and actually offended my friend when she played the japanese release. Isn't that the game where your husbando locks you in a cage?

Phinor

tFI42rZ.jpg

it's gonna be hard to discover all these great offers if you keep showing me the same games over and over steam

what a fucking piece of shit system lol

My front page is almost literally full of games I already own. In addition to games I own, there's some anime stuff I don't own but I have exactly zero interest in ever buying or playing any of those games so I don't know where that recommendation comes from.

Jawmuncher

I approve of this, the cross promoting during the bigger sale should help a lot.

Jazz573

Not having FO3, but having the GOTY Edition is really annoying when I look at the franchise pack. I already have 1, 2, and Tactics on GOG so I have absolutely no reason to buy it on Steam.

Irobot82

Anyone know of a cool way to make gifting a steam game cooler than just sending it through steam? Like some sort of printable thing?

Teggy

Do we have 100% confirmation that Winter sale is going to be the same format?

So few things on my wishlist are on sale. I assumed Axiom Verge would get the sale it had a little while back at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom