• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November 2015 - Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty Never Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Hood

Banned
Gaben has smiled upon me, Minerva's Den is 1,99, all-time low. I don't see it getting lower in the winter sale, so I'll buy it when I get home.

Buraindo

Dragonborn is the good one, right?

You'll want all of them to get the most out of the game's mods. Hearthfire is perhaps the one you can skip safely.
But yes, Dragonborn was the better one I think, but not by much. It does add a whole new land though so there's that to consider.

Hektor

guys I know Undertale is good

not buying it at full price doesnt mean im trying to be an ass or think its not worth it

sometimes I dont have $10, sometimes I think it's been long enough since release that a sale must be coming sooner and i'd rather get something else on day 1

I think everyone knows how great it's said to be

You, uzzy and whoever else wanted the game.
TEST YOUR MIGHT.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Undertale -- MB-5036043E86C51353 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 97 entrants total.

t1448562397z1.png

Irobot82

This thread is moving quick now because of the sale so I'll ask again

Anyone know of a cool way to make gifting a steam game cooler than just sending it through steam? Like some sort of printable thing?

I want to get my son Starbound and Minecraft Story Mode, but I'd like to make it more of an event than me just saying check your steam message.

Hard to get exciting for Capcom putting GFWL games on sale unless they're actually doing something about them.

I would love, LOVE Lost Planet 2 to get Steam support. It's one of the best co-op shooters out there.

Dr Dogg

RE: Separate threads, I think I will lock the community thread during the Winter sale. Whoever is doing January's thread should post it during the sale, and I'll leave it unlocked, and we'll update the Winter sale thread to advertise the community thread and drive some traffic back.

The other mods and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how we can help inject new blood in community threads without just having them sit in the main forums clogging up the front page, and I think the consensus is to encourage people to cross-promote. There's a strong norm of cross-promotion on reddit, where say if there's a subreddit about <Game X> and then news about <Game X> is posted in /r/gaming, posters will call attention to the fact that there's a subreddit for the game. I think that's something we could learn from. So using Steam-related threads in Gaming to "advertise" the Steam Community thread is something I'd like to see and I think the Winter sale thread would be a good way to do that.

I quite like what the Giant Bomb threads do in having a new thread for something newsworthy or for new content like the Bombcast and such on Gaming side and then have a friendly message and/or picture to come visit the community thread and link to it and the bottom of the OP.

Granted there aren't that many Steam related threads that pop up on Gaming these days but if you want to start a precedent you got to start somewhere so your idea above sounds perfect.

Salsa

TEST YOUR MIGHT.

thanks man

debating ARK or RUST. kinda feel like I could go for a game like that nowadays

what's the better one?

or rather, are they worth it at all?

probably gonna grab Dying Light for the $10 brazilian price too

Lomax

This thread is moving quick now because of the sale so I'll ask again

Anyone know of a cool way to make gifting a steam game cooler than just sending it through steam? Like some sort of printable thing?

I want to get my son Starbound and Minecraft Story Mode, but I'd like to make it more of an event than me just saying check your steam message.

If you buy games from other sites you get keys that need to be entered. But from Steam itself there's really not any good way.

Tizoc

TEST YOUR MIGHT.

Why is this a 24 hour raffle....I mean if it were a game like Tales of Zestiria I'd understand but come on...
I don't want to wait 24 hours to know if I won a game or not mang.

Irobot82

If you buy games from other sites you get keys that need to be entered. But from Steam itself there's really not any good way.

I figured. Maybe I'll just print the logos onto cards to something. So when he opens them he'll know he has those games. Then after presents all gift them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom