• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's a great game, totally worth it for 6 bucks and then some.
The humble birthday sale has been pretty disappointing so far btw.

a game's worth has no bearing on the conundrum of waiting for it to be bundled

Ah, the quantum conundrum.
Who actually is confused by this? Why would the banner image be TR 2013 if it included ROTR, and why would be it 10 dollars cheaper than Rise on it's own?

Edit: Not 10 dollars cheaper, saw it that way because I own some of the games.

The only reason to list a bundle on a game's page is to say, "hey this game is included in the bundle." It's misleading at best, and deceptive at worst.

Wok

Try as I might, the auto-adjust function doesn't seem to work at all for me (in FF). Settings don't seem to save either.

Ditto for the settings.

And ditto for the auto-adjust unless I use the multiple-selection tool (which I do).

Hektor

i5EPg3I.png

Square Enix, pls

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
If you're using Enhanced Steam in Firefox, there is a bug in v50 that causes these commands to fail.

I'm actually putting together a new release for Firefox that should be available later today. It will re-enable a lot of the features that were intentionally turned off in other releases because they didn't work in versions of Firefox less than 50. So far, the quick and instant sell buttons are the only piece of functionality that aren't working in 50+.

Everything appears to be A-OK still in Chrome.

yeah, i'm on Firefox. Thanks.

Burt

Total Warhammer's new faction has been revealed: the Wood Elves.

Same sky-high price as the Beastmen ($17.09 preorder), because it includes a campaign. Sounds pretty good otherwise.

Get hyped for more war.

Hnnngg

I still haven't picked up Total Warhammer, and I never played the actual tabletop game, and I've never even played a Total War, but I love the Warhammer Fantasy aesthetic and have such an irrational love for their wood elves, I might have to dive in when this gets released.

Is there a best Total War game for me to pick up if I want to get acquainted with things before I jump into Total Warhammer, or would I be fine going in blind? I think I had heard that it's a bit more streamlined than the other games.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Is the Nvidia update borked again?

Game was practically stalling for a few seconds before on South Park - Was perfect yesterday

Was getting fps drops in PES too

Parsnip

I wish Square would get some intern to add Steam cheevos on the Tomb Raider Legend-Anniversary-Underworld trilogy. And trading cards. And proper controller glyphs for the games that don't have them.

Hnnngg

I still haven't picked up Total Warhammer, and I never played the actual tabletop game, and I've never even played a Total War, but I love the Warhammer Fantasy aesthetic and have such an irrational love for their wood elves, I might have to dive in when this gets released.

Is there a best Total War game for me to pick up if I want to get acquainted with things before I jump into Total Warhammer, or would I be fine going in blind? I think I had heard that it's a bit more streamlined than the other games.

You'd be fine, I imagine. Total Warhammer is streamlined, but in all the right ways. Each faction has its own unique playstyle with the core mechanics all there to some degree; it's really a matter of choosing which one you like the most. And don't worry too much about getting all the DLCs for the "complete experience" or anything--the patches have added them into the campaign in a way that, unless you're planning to use Chaos, or Beastmen, or the mercenary units, you're better off skipping the DLCs. (The factions are good stuff, though.)

Like, Total Warhammer is far and away my favourite Total War game. I'd highly recommend it over the others. (Granted, I haven't played the post-Empire TWs. Mostly dabbled with Medieval 2 and Shogun 2. But still.)

Let there be waaagh!

Benedict

So I'm planning to get a new computer within a month and started to think about controls.
Is there any revolutionary reason why I should get a new controller or continue using my wired Xbox 360 controller?

I have a wired Logitech MX518 mouse that works OK.
I have a wireless Logitech K520 keyboard.
As I understand it the keyboard is not the best but I like low profile keyboards.

The email advertising this month's Humble Monthly has the title "Just $12 for Dragon's Dogma and at least FIVE other mystery games!". So only promising six games, in total. Perhaps a response to the criticism they got after bundling that demo?

Anustart

Decided to give Prison Architect another go. Now I remember why I stopped in the first place.

Was re-doing the tutorial missions, get to mission 3, and the nightmare began anew.

Cutscene with the one inmate doing 2 shot roulette plays twice, then cannot proceed. This same thing happened before and I bet it'll happen again if I restart the mission. So fucking dumb. I have nothing to do on my to-do list, and it's been days since the riot ended.

Arminsc

Hnnngg

I don't think you need to dive into other TW games before Warhammer. The tutorials do a pretty decent job of explaining the mechanics, so the learning curve is not that steep.

AHA-Lambda

Surprised to see ROTTR season pass at 50% off just after the goty edition has came out. Figured they'd milk that high price just a bit longer.

Wok

The bugs that I experienced with Steam Inventory Expert were due to the fact that I was not waiting for all the prices to be retrieved before launching the auto-confirm process.

6Hcz6Ry.png

You have to wait for the dialogue in the red rectangle to disappear before launching the process.

Humble sent me an email with the subject Just $12 for Dragon's Dogma and at least FIVE other mystery games!

So, more than 1 demo this time? I really shouldn't have resubbed.

Wok

Humble sent me an email with the subject Just $12 for Dragon's Dogma and at least FIVE other mystery games!

So, more than 1 demo this time? I really shouldn't have resubbed.

To be fair, Humble originally said it would be 6 games per month, then they started throwing a bonus here and there, and people started expecting 8 games.

Coreda

The Watch Dogs 2 OST by Hudson Mohawke is pretty alright. W4tched (Cinema) sounds like something straight out of Patlabor. Didn't realize Bleep offered store-front microsites to artists, though my regular Bleep account doesn't work there for some reason.

Other favs:

Play N Go
Eye For An Eye (Reprise)
Cyber Driver (Opera)
Balance
Robot (Finale)​

Burt

You'd be fine, I imagine. Total Warhammer is streamlined, but in all the right ways. Each faction has its own unique playstyle with the core mechanics all there to some degree; it's really a matter of choosing which one you like the most. And don't worry too much about getting all the DLCs for the "complete experience" or anything--the patches have added them into the campaign in a way that, unless you're planning to use Chaos, or Beastmen, or the mercenary units, you're better off skipping the DLCs. (The factions are good stuff, though.)

Like, Total Warhammer is far and away my favourite Total War game. I'd highly recommend it over the others. (Granted, I haven't played the post-Empire TWs. Mostly dabbled with Medieval 2 and Shogun 2. But still.)

Let there be waaagh!

I don't think you need to dive into other TW games before Warhammer. The tutorials do a pretty decent job of explaining the mechanics, so the learning curve is not that steep.

Thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
FYI, I just pushed out Enhanced Steam 9.0.2 for Firefox users.

This release, combined with Firefox 50 and above, should give you almost total feature-parity with the Chrome version.

The only thing that currently isn't working is the "quick sell", "instant sell", and "relist" buttons on inventory items. Everything else should be working exactly like it does in Chrome.

Tizoc

Gamepump get.
I used my brother's Paypal account for the purchase so I'll just tell him to forward me any emails from gamepump.

Which, if any, of the DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider are worth picking up? I've really enjoyed both of the reboot games so far, if that helps.

wish this Tomb Raider sale was next week instead of now...wanted to pick up the Season Pass for RotTR but won't have enough until next week

oh well...hopefully it'll get discounted again once the sales come around

Uzzy

Which, if any, of the DLC for Rise of the Tomb Raider are worth picking up? I've really enjoyed both of the reboot games so far, if that helps.

I rather appreciated the Blood Ties story mode, from the 20th anniversary pack. It's a purely narrative driven exploration around the Croft Manor, interacting with objects dotted around the place ala Gone Home, ostensibly to find documents proving Lara's right to keep Croft Manor, but really it's about Lara reconnecting with her past. Which is kinda meta in an interesting way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom