• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sitting on 1781 cards. If I sell each one for 3 cents, it is 53.43 €. However, I am not activating the smartphone-based account security, and I am not willing to receive 1781 confirmation emails.

BaTYBJR.png

I could have, but I believed it was a product mistake and it would only give the first episode. Never say no to a price glitch.

Try Item Value Sorter for an estimate

I'm not looking forward to eventually selling my 2,334 cards even if the approximate value is about $150.

I used love the days of steam inventory helper, press one button and sell them all at once. Seems a lot like hard work nowadays.

Pixieking

Banned
I am sitting on 1781 cards. If I sell each one for 3 cents, it is 53.43 €. However, I am not activating the smartphone-based account security, and I am not willing to receive 1781 confirmation emails.

My email filter:
Deliver to "Trash" if

From contains "noreply@steampowered.com"
Subject contains "You have sold an item"

BadRamen

BaTYBJR.png

Better trash them now, because if you don't put some sort of minimal work in, those cards can do nothing for you but sit there and collect digidust or convert them into another dust, gems. But I am sure you are well aware of the scenario. ;)

Monooboe

BaTYBJR.png

How do you resist selling them? I sell mine the moment I get them.XD And I always think I will save my card money for an Steam controller but I spend the moment a game comes out that seem at least little interesting haha.

Deques

BaTYBJR.png

I could have, but I believed it was a product mistake and it would only give the first episode. Never say no to a price glitch.

If you don't mind I can take all your cards XD

Tizoc

BaTYBJR.png

I strongly rcommend selling them for more than that; use enhanced steam to find cards that have the most revenue from and imstant sell them
Do this for every page and then gradually sell each card for a decent price

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-F0C5CACF9FDE2EB2 - Taken by voodooray
ANNA'S QUEST -- MB-11964A3CE83A2500 - Taken by MaxiLive

Parsnip

Does Steep have towers for me to climb? I kind of need that in my Ubi games.

Vote SteamGAF, which pad do I get this BF?

Girlfriend wants the pink one but I'm not sure I want two of the same pad lying around. Looking at videos of the blue, it's actually kind of ugly.

Neither of the Gears ones, those things are ugly as hell.

I strongly rcommend selling them for more than that; use enhanced steam to find cards that have the most revenue from and imstant sell them
Do this for every page and then gradually sell each card for a decent price

There is Steam Inventory Expert, a clone of Steam Inventory Helper that doesn't have the infected parts that the latter now has due to a skin betting site.

Tizoc

....i know it's too late to say this but
Y'all ninjas know that the price of cards drops drastically over time right? Like on a game's release u could sell cards for over 10 or 20 cents but months latet esp. After a game is bundled/given for free, card scould go for under 5 cents

yuraya

Went ahead and preloaded the Steep open beta on Uplay. It was 20gb dl. Hopefully its fun. Can't even remember the last time I played a snowboarding game of any kind.

Also Steep is such a dumb name for a video game. Ubisoft is lazy.

Monooboe

....i know it's too late to say this but
Y'all ninjas know that the price of cards drops drastically over time right? Like on a game's release u could sell cards for over 10 or 20 cents but months latet esp. After a game is bundled/given for free, card scould go for under 5 cents

This is why I mostly sell cards as fast as I can. On rare occasion on some game releases I've sold regular cards for around 80-90 cents and just couple of days later they were down to 15-20 cents.

Can you sell cards quicker than enhanced steam with it?
Got almost 2000 cards, never bothered with selling but I feel it's time now.

I haven't tried this one yet but if it works like steam inventory helper, you just select all the cards and hit sell.

You can also set the price relative to the lowest current one for all cards. I used to sell normal cards at the same price as the current lowest to stop the "race to the bottom" and foils 1c under the lowest.

Wok

Even if I try to sell all my cards, I will get ~2000 listing confirmation emails on my inbox. I don't know how Gmail would like it, they might flag my account.

Deques

Even if I try to sell all my cards, I will get ~2000 listing confirmation emails on my inbox. I don't know how Gmail would like it, they might flag my account.

I have mobile authorization active, and still get mails for every sold card.

KhjhfyA.png

Your mail won't be flagged because of getting spammed by Steam

Wok

Okay, this extension is kind of cool. It allows multiple sells with auto-adjusting the price, say to 0.01 cent higher than the lowest sell order.

JJr2Txx.png

Then I would just have to autohotkey the clicks on Gmail.

Deques

Okay, this extension is kind of cool. It allows multiple sells with auto-adjusting the price, say to 0.01 cent higher than the lowest sell order.

JJr2Txx.png

Then I would just have to autohotkey the clicks on Gmail.

Do you mean the confirm mails that you get if not having the mobile authorization active?

AHA-Lambda

When is the latest I need to unsub from Humble Monthly by? Just as long as it's before the end of the countdown, or does it need to be before then?

Drakken

Brief impressions of Even the Ocean. Lovely presentation, the movement mechanic seems to have good potential for puzzles. There is this weird niggling feeling that when you're running up an inclined hill you're moving slightly too sluggish. A little alarming for a 2D platformer. So much so that it makes me want to jump everywhere. Characters are introduced hastily. One key character is a very established archetype, hopefully there is a little more nuance there as the game develops. The world map has charm.

Looking forward to playing act ii tomorrow.

Thanks for the impressions; haven't seen anything else about EtO here. Bought it as soon as it hit Steam based mostly on my enjoyment of Anodyne and that game's soundtrack. Will hopefully get some time to dive in over the weekend.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Yeah, that was pretty much my reaction as well, when I noticed that.

Infinifactory could use a bit more of explanation of several mechanics. It is, for example, also clear that a lot people don't realize that you can increase the rate at which blocks are delivered, which greatly decreases the number of cycles you need, even with the exact same solution. And personally, I don't think that I grog the way footprint is measured.

Deques

Weird, how come Gmail tags your steam emails as digital download?

I created a filter to tag everything from Steam Store as Digital Download. That was several years before you Market was a thing.
I haven't changed the filter since then

I see that all purchases are from Steam Support, not Steam Store

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I created a filter to tag everything from Steam Store as Digital Download. That was several years before you Market was a thing.
I haven't changed the filter since then

I see that all purchases are from Steam Support, not Steam Store

How do you add color to the filter? might be handy for me

thanks

Hektor

giphy.gif

I just saw the first Assassins Creed became 9 years old, 4 days ago.

I really did not realize that the franchise was that old already.

I remember being really excited for it and the "social-stealth" component, set in middleaged jerusalem and surroundings. I think i finished it three times, despite it being fairly repetitive in the first playthrough already. But the setting, the gameplay and the grim atmosphere it had were so cool, new, unique and engaging for me.

Wok

Alright, Steam Inventory Expert is really effective. You select multiple cards using shift-click (click the first and last cards and that is it, even on different inventory pages), set the adjustment of the price (+1 cent compared to the lowest sell price) and auto-accept.

Then you just sit there watching the queue auto-progress, with some hiccups which are solved by clicking on the cross and restarting the auto-accept process.

For Gmail, instead of messing with AutoHotKey, I have just searched (Ctrl+F) for the right keywords and then go through the conversation using "Next" (F3) and "Confirm" (left-click). It was quite effective.

The bottleneck is now Gmail, which for a reason only received 100 emails, instead of close to 200. I hope I don't get flagged or banned and that these emails will eventually arrive in my inbox.

o6YvvQI.png

By the way, Islands is out. From what I understood, it is akin to an art installation in a modern art museum.

You can select multiple cards and sell them quickly

I haven't tried this one yet but if it works like steam inventory helper, you just select all the cards and hit sell.

Alright, Steam Inventory Expert is really effective. You select multiple cards using shift-click (click the first and last cards and that is it, even on different inventory pages), set the adjustment of the price (+1 cent compared to the lowest sell price) and auto-accept.

Then you just sit there watching the queue auto-progress, with some hiccups which are solved by clicking on the cross and restarting the auto-accept process.

Thank you based GAF!
This is godsent. I only wish they had a "confirm all"-button in the Steam app. (seriously, why doesn't it?!)

I might use that, thanks!

Wok

More NSFW than you could ever imagine: Genital Jousting. Developed by the Broforce team. Published by Devolver.

Genital Jousting is an online and local multiplayer party game about flaccid penises and wiggly anuses for up to eight players at once. Players control a detached penis complete with testicles and an anus. Multiple game modes provide a stimulating orgy of objectives: penetrate and be penetrated as fast as possible or compete in absurd, silly and sexually suggestive games and challenges.

If this is something that makes you uncomfortable or sounds unappealing, please do not purchase or play Genital Jousting, or even continue reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom