• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Guys I been having this issue all morning. My steam doesn't launch.

1) I tried deleting the beta file

2) I can't find the blob file

3) Running as admin, safe mode etc

Anybody have a suggestion?

Delete everything but the client and steamapps folder, run the client.

bigzgod

Believe in Crossbell~

It could be Extella and something else too!

I would also accept Evo versions of Trails, you tease

DA4oJBm.png

h1TZt3w.png

Zero and Ao pls

is the witness is $15 on gog for anyone else?

i think that's seriously an incredible price for that game

edit: superhot is 6.79? is gog the regional pricing heaven i was missing all along?

cos i'm ready to ditch steam like RIGHT NOW if that's the case

I've got a bit under US$21 for The Witness and about US$16 for Suprehot in Australia.

Edit: Interesting note, I get AUD$1.30 in wallet funds if I buy Superhot as a make up for regional pricing. Nothing for The Witness.

zkylon

zkylewd
did a bit of a test and bought rebel galaxy for $3.79 thinking i might've been set to russia by mistake or something, but nope, it worked

this changes a lot, i know it's hard to think about leaving steam since u have like two billion games in it but this changes things a whole bunch

Tizoc

Believe in Crossbell~

It could be Extella and something else too!
While i wouldnt mind ys 7 and moc, i would be ok with the dozen or so other falcom pc releases such as sorcerian and dinosaur r.
Brandish psp is another acceptable option

Benedict

is the witness is $15 on gog for anyone else?

i think that's seriously an incredible price for that game

edit: superhot is 6.79? is gog the regional pricing heaven i was missing all along?

cos i'm ready to ditch steam like RIGHT NOW if that's the case

The witness is 243.60 SEK, 27 USD on sale. Regular price is 366.00
Superhot is on 40% sale for 135.70 SEK (15USD) in Sweden. Regular price is 227 sek.

So no paradise or heaven here, just regular Swedish anxiety and darkness.

zkylon

zkylewd
not everything is cheaper tho, tyranny is also $45 on gog, tho i guess nuuvem got me covered there

man sure would be cool if steam had regional pricing for argieland, then i wouldn't have to go through this trouble

or gog had full regional pricing

or publishers weren't dicks about nuuvem for south america

you know

i got a shitty salary

About time they put Toonstruck on Steam. November 12.

Also, Pig Eat Ball from Mommy's Best Games. They always make solid distinctive games, and this definitely has MBG written all over it. Not expected until Q3 next year though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
not everything is cheaper tho, tyranny is also $45 on gog, tho i guess nuuvem got me covered there

man sure would be cool if steam had regional pricing for argieland, then i wouldn't have to go through this trouble

or gog had full regional pricing

or publishers weren't dicks about nuuvem for south america

you know

i got a shitty salary

You can activate gifts bought in Brazil, if that helps.

While i wouldnt mind ys 7 and moc, i would be ok with the dozen or so other falcom pc releases such as sorcerian and dinosaur r.
Brandish psp is another acceptable option

Funny that you should bring that up. I had a discussion about it months ago with XSEED's programmer. I wasn't given an answer but I had some idea of what was going on if a release could ever be done.

sheaaaa

About time they put Toonstruck on Steam. November 12.

Also, Pig Eat Ball from Mommy's Best Games. They always make solid distinctive games, and this definitely has MBG written all over it. Not expected until Q3 next year though.

Thanks for this, been following MBG since the Xbox Live Indie Games days and never realised Pig Eat Ball is a single-player game. Wishlisted.

If Killing Floor 2 is going to be released soon on PS4/PS4 PRO, does that mean it will leave Early Access on Steam? I wodner if there is cross-play between PC and PS4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of valouris, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (valouris, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Age -- MB-9FE1CDD1CABAC45B - Taken by Patison. 6 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-B508FF1A6EF7BB70 - Taken by Luap. 10 entrants total.

t1478246719z1.png

derFeef

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derFeef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

System Shock: Enhanced Edition -- MB-232F25B6040F9C7E - Taken by Mikurden. 9 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-C6D54128A1A099A7 - Taken by City 17. 1 entrants total.

t1478254018z1.png

Ascheroth

Chances of Xanadu Next being in the humble monthly?

I don't want to grab it tonight and have a SURPRISE! with tomorrow's reveal.
Lol no.
Damn Xanadu Next looks interesting...

Any more impressions?

It's like a mix of Ys, Zelda and Diablo (without the loot aspect).
Atmosphere is great. Graphics are old, but still charming and the soundtrack is awesome as usual.

Story seems very interesting so far and in usual Falcom manner NPCs have much to tell you and often get new lines.

Combat is a ton of fun and feedback is just sublime. If you get in attack range a circle appears under the enemy and you have to click in it to attack. Positioning is important, as side and back attacks deal more damage, so you're going to circle and circle around the enemy, evading attacks from the front and using that opening to get to back to give them a good whack (did I say that the feedback is sublime?).
It sounds weird on paper, but it's a surprisingly fun system once you get used to it (which doesn't take that long). You also have weapon skills and magic which can be used just by clicking the right mouse anytime.

Progression is pretty cool as well. Each time you level up you get 6 bonus points you can use on your attributes freely. You can change them as long as you want until you level up again, when they will be fixed. You can level down as well to change your allocations.
Each weapon has a skill associated. You can equip it as long as you have the weapon equipped. But weapons gain proficiency while you use them, which slowly increased their damage and once they reach 100% you'll master the skill and can use it with every weapon. Magic is learned by finding or buying skill books.
Then you can have a guardian equipped that gives you passive boni and can be levelled as well, by killing things.

Dungeons also have some small puzzles.
And I'm pretty sure there's more I forgot or haven't come across yet : )

I think I'll get Xanadu Next when it has proper controller support.

From what I've read from the reviews, the game is designed with kb/m at the core, and controller support is quite bare-bones.

kagamin

From what I've read from the reviews, the game is designed with kb/m at the core, and controller support is quite bare-bones.

Is that just wishful thinking on your part or actual knowledge of an update?

Tizoc

I recall reading theyre working on getting controller support in it, but correct me if i wm wrong :x
Does anyone playdiablo 3 pc with a controller?

Is that just wishful thinking on your part or actual knowledge of an update?

The former.. :(

I recall reading theyre working on getting controller support in it, but correct me if i wm wrong :x
Does anyone playdiablo 3 pc with a controller?

That's good to hear, then!

Is the current deal going to last only for today or the whole week? I wouldn't want to miss it.

Can you even play Diablo 3 with a controller? I thought that was stupidly console only.

I don't think so. The last time I booted up Diablo 3 it still didn't have controller support. That was about a couple months ago.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of derFeef, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (derFeef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

System Shock: Enhanced Edition -- MB-232F25B6040F9C7E - Taken by Mikurden. 9 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-C6D54128A1A099A7 - Taken by City 17. 1 entrants total.

t1478254018z1.png

venomenon

Dying Light
This would be problematic, I think. Dying Light has never officially been released in Germany and is not available on Steam here (you can activate it though).
I think in their regular bundles they usually just declare that buyers from Germany wouldn't get the games if they are not available here, but I doubt they could get away with that when it's about the main game of a Humble Monthly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Pillars of Eternity.

This would be problematic, I think. Dying Light has never officially been released in Germany and is not available on Steam here (you can activate it though).
I think in their regular bundles they usually just declare that buyers from Germany wouldn't get the games if they are not available here, but I doubt they could get away with that when it's about the main game of a Humble Monthly.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Pillars of Eternity.

They didn't warn Aussies in advance that they wouldn't get Hotline Miami 2 keys.

Ori seems like a strong possibility or maybe Adr1ft, Sword Coast Legends or even Age of Decadence.

MY FAVORITE FINAL FANTASY IS BETTER THAN YOURS YOURS IS TRASH

The only FF game I've ever finished was XIII-1 so I suppose by default that has to be my favourite.

Tizoc

They didn't warn Aussies in advance that they wouldn't get Hotline Miami 2 keys.

Ori seems like a strong possibility or maybe Adr1ft, Sword Coast Legends or even Age of Decadence.

The only FF game I've ever finished was XIII-1 so I suppose by default that has to be my favourite.
If xiii is the only on eu finished then u can only go up from thete

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ori, or at least the Steam version thereof, strikes me as unlikely as it's not self-published

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

HEAVY METAL MACHINES CLOSED BETA -- MB-8AA1D52DBD0B96B5 - Taken by Vipu

Probably it will give access to the full, f2p game, anyway +1.

yuraya

header.jpg

Finished up RE Revelations 2 and I liked it quite a lot. Took me about 10-12 hrs as each episode is roughly 2-3 hrs long. The game was a solid 9 out of 10 for me and probably the best RE game I played in a long long time. The game kept getting consistently better and better until basically the end where it was a bit lame but I still liked it. I think its much better than the first Revelations and even better than RE5 which was also good. I haven't done the bonus episodes yet but I will do them in the coming days as I continue messing around with the raid. Speaking of which the Raid mode is also great.

Anyways if you want a fun RE game with decent storytelling and decent characters I strongly recommend it.

Now the only remaining big Resident Evil game I don't have/haven't played is RE6. I should pick it up one of these days and get it over with already. Its always on sale too. And from what I understand the story of RE6 takes place after Revelations 2 so it lines up for me. I may be wrong on that tho. Also I barely remember anything about RE4 so I should probably install it and do a playthrough of that some time as well. Last time I played that game was on PS2 which was a long time ago.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
It could be anything really but I would guess maybe some 2015 game.

Arkham Knight
Just Cause 3
MKX
Pillars
Ori
Dying Light
Dark Souls 2

Lots of contenders.
I bet it's Cities: Skylines or RS:Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom