• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Dungeon Rats is surprisingly cheap compared to Age of Decadence

Durante

Another third person RPG with a good story and a good cast is KotoR 2.
There aren't really many of those.
(Though you probably can't fully count that as "action" -- it's more in the middle)

I thought alpha protocol was pretty bad outside the dialog system. Was not very fun to play.
Well, I thought it was extremely fun to play. It's probably amongst my top 10 of that entire era.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
thanks for the suggestions, guys!

been looking into them - i kind of want to play Dragon's Dogma (assuming that's what you guys meant by fashionistas dogma), especially after seeing Dr Strange. despite the strong story, i am really in the mood to cast some spells.

i'll see how i'm feeling this weekend. how is controller support / pc performance for D Dogma?

Nzyme32

Jade Empire was good too.
at least the few hours I played

I had this problem with Jade Empire twice - once on the OG Xbox, and then later again on Steam. There was no reason for it other than my attention was taken by something else and by the time I returned I could barely remember what I was doing so wanted to start again when I had more time.

Durante

Dragon's Dogma does really well on the "Action" part of the equation, and has some of the best offensive spells in any ARPG ever, but its story and cast are utterly forgettable.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Dragon's Dogma does really well on the "Action" part of the equation, and has some of the best offensive spells in any ARPG ever, but its story and cast are utterly forgettable.

yeah, i think i can be OK with that. i'll just play for the "A" portion of ARPG

can you create your own party of companions? or do you pick from a set of pre-created characters? both aesthetically & class-wise

rtcn63

can you create your own party of companions? or do you pick from a set of pre-created characters? both aesthetically & class-wise

You have one permanent follower and like two mercs you can hire and change out at any time

Ascheroth

You create 2 characters, your player character and 1 permanent follower. You can then hire up to 2 other followers (either NPCs or from other players).

Corpekata

Banned
I wouldn't say the story is forgettable, though it certainly takes way too long to get interesting, mostly in the last quarter.

Has some great atmosphere too.

Loving the refund policy of Valve...

Bought SOMA recently and everytime i quit the game, i end up with a black screen.
ALT F4, ctrl alt del, alt tab, nothing works, i have to shutdown/reboot my PC.

"sorry lol can't refund you played more than two hours"
Yo scumbag, game is not working as intended, period.

Any ways i can get my money back?

dani_dc

"Complete Collection" option is finally a thing?

I've been out of the loop for so long that I only randomly found this today, just in time to get Day of the Tentacle Remastered for 104 yens.

Corpekata

Banned
Loving the refund policy of Valve...

Bought SOMA recently and everytime i quit the game, i end up with a black screen.
ALT F4, ctrl alt del, alt tab, nothing works, i have to shutdown/reboot my PC.

"sorry lol can't refund you played more than two hours"
Yo scumbag, game is not working as intended, period.

Any ways i can get my money back?

Do another request and stress the issue more, pretty much. If you've played over 2 hours explain why and so on.

Dragon's Dogma has such a great feel to it that I never found myself itching for a story. The world, the look of the game, the controls and mechanics, etc.

I'm not Mr. Critical though and I'll gladly enjoy Skyrim, Mass Effect and other peasant titles. ME2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Dishonored still looks absolutely incredible in 4k dsr. Only thing giving it away as being an i̶d̶ ̶t̶e̶c̶h̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶ unreal engine game for last gen is the horrible texture quality.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks for the room full of goodies Barry, that you somehow engraved a plaque on the wall saying where it was o_O

could have used some shotgun ammo tho buddy

edit: to be fair it might be a piece of paper with shitty textures lol

edit: oh remade snake looks nice

KR_remix

edit: nvm, it finally went through.

Hey, has anyone had trouble with buying the humble monthy bundle? I have no trouble buying normal bundles, but when I went to subscribe to the monthly it just got hung up on payment processing. It isn't showing up on my paypal summary yet either, so I'm not sure if I should try again or wait. I don't want it charging me twice.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I really liked Alpha Protocol but the game was somewhat a disaster.

1VwUgK5.png

Vlad

While it took me less than two hours (113 minutes, to be exact), I've still got to say that I really enjoyed Expand. I got it from one of the recent Humble Bundles, and while it's not super long or overly difficult, the presentation saves it.

The entire game revolves around you moving a square through a circle-based series of levels. Each set of levels has a slightly different gimmick (certain parts of the level move only when you do, for example), and the way each level flows into the next can be downright hypnotic.

Basically, it's one of those "arty" games, but it doesn't overstay its welcome by just having level after level of the same old stuff. Each set of levels introduces a new wrinkle, makes you get used to it, throws in a final test, and you move on. While I wasn't bored with what was there, it probably would have gotten a bit dull if it went on for much longer.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wanted to give everyone here a reminder that Extra Life starts in about 24 hours!

t1478361600z4.png

Whether you're supporting me, or anyone else I'm excited that people who love our shared hobby can come together and do a lot of good for people in need.

I'm mentally preparing myself for tomorrow by prepping a new release of Enhanced Steam. Lots of fun and exciting stuff hopefully rolling out later today.

Rhaknar

REmake spoilers

so if you take the
serum with you to the snake fight and use it afterwards I assume you dont get this little cutscene of someone rescuing you and waking up in the safe room
?

just want to know if its worth reloading or not, if it changes anything

Benedict

I wanted to give everyone here a reminder that Extra Life starts in about 24 hours!

t1478361600z4.png

Whether you're supporting me, or anyone else I'm excited that people who love our shared hobby can come together and do a lot of good for people in need.

I'm mentally preparing myself for tomorrow by prepping a new release of Enhanced Steam. Lots of fun and exciting stuff hopefully rolling out later today.

I've donated and I think I commented with my steam profile under donations, but I only see my name. Is that because I've made it private. But you can still see it right?
Seems like your first goal has been reached?
I thought it was $1000 before and now it's 1.500.
Congrats to you and the kids :)

t1478361600z4.png

tomorrow! already? i guess ill be tuning in through out the day tomorrow

rtcn63

t1478361600z4.png

Jshackles' Extra Life |OT| Enhanced Stream

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've donated and I think I commented with my steam profile under donations, but I only see my name. Is that because I've made it private. But you can still see it right?
Seems like your first goal has been reached?
I thought it was $1000 before and now it's 1.500.
Congrats to you and the kids :)

PM me with your details - everyone I can see their Steam profile on the donation should have the Enhanced Steam badge and has been entered into the raffle.

mp1990

Banned
The last dungeon in FFX is tearing me apart. I'm so close to beating it, yet I keep losing my party to random mobs bc I get ambushed during inopportune moments. This is almost playing like a SMT game at this point, where I get whipped out before I even have a chance to react.

t1478361600z4.png

Unfortunately it'll be happening during the weekend I'll be taking my college admission tests, but I'll try to at least tune in for a bit during Saturday night :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom