• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

derFeef

Deathwing release date announcement tomorrow!
https://www.facebook.com/SpaceHulkDeathwing/posts/1109517515790781

giphy.gif

Lanrutcon

header.jpg

Finished up RE Revelations 2 and I liked it quite a lot. Took me about 10-12 hrs as each episode is roughly 2-3 hrs long. The game was a solid 9 out of 10 for me and probably the best RE game I played in a long long time. The game kept getting consistently better and better until basically the end where it was a bit lame but I still liked it. I think its much better than the first Revelations and even better than RE5 which was also good. I haven't done the bonus episodes yet but I will do them in the coming days as I continue messing around with the raid. Speaking of which the Raid mode is also great.

Anyways if you want a fun RE game with decent storytelling and decent characters I strongly recommend it.

Now the only remaining big Resident Evil game I don't have/haven't played is RE6. I should pick it up one of these days and get it over with already. Its always on sale too. And from what I understand the story of RE6 takes place after Revelations 2 so it lines up for me. I may be wrong on that tho. Also I barely remember anything about RE4 so I should probably install it and do a playthrough of that some time as well. Last time I played that game was on PS2 which was a long time ago.

Raid mode is amazing, but the scene is quite dead :(

yuraya

You got the bad ending didn't you?

hmmm

I just looked it up and yea there is 2 endings. And yea I got the supposed bad one wtf lol. Damn it Capcom.

Raid mode is amazing, but the scene is quite dead :(

Yea Raid is really good it deserves more praise. I'm kind of surprised how bad the reviews are for the game in general. No way it deserves a 75 meta. It should be more like 85-90. I guess people were really upset with the episodic model or wtvr.

Knurek

I though you people were joking about that CoD Win10Store thingy...
I... I... have no words.

Got WiiU Pro controller, played Retroarch a bit... Not really sold on the DPAD, stick placement or bumpers yet, but that may just be 10+ years of DualShock line use. No problems with setting the thing up, unless you count the fact that the Mayflash adapter seems to have some insulation problems - I definitely felt a jolt when I plugged it in, and afterwards grounded myself on door handle. :\

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
header.jpg

Finished up RE Revelations 2 and I liked it quite a lot. Took me about 10-12 hrs as each episode is roughly 2-3 hrs long. The game was a solid 9 out of 10 for me and probably the best RE game I played in a long long time. The game kept getting consistently better and better until basically the end where it was a bit lame but I still liked it. I think its much better than the first Revelations and even better than RE5 which was also good. I haven't done the bonus episodes yet but I will do them in the coming days as I continue messing around with the raid. Speaking of which the Raid mode is also great.

Anyways if you want a fun RE game with decent storytelling and decent characters I strongly recommend it.

Now the only remaining big Resident Evil game I don't have/haven't played is RE6. I should pick it up one of these days and get it over with already. Its always on sale too. And from what I understand the story of RE6 takes place after Revelations 2 so it lines up for me. I may be wrong on that tho. Also I barely remember anything about RE4 so I should probably install it and do a playthrough of that some time as well. Last time I played that game was on PS2 which was a long time ago.

You got the bad ending didn't you?

hmmm

I just looked it up and yea there is 2 endings. And yea I got the supposed bad one wtf lol. Damn it Capcom.

I was going to say I bet from your ending comment you got the bad ending, the good ending in my opinion is one of the best RE endings they've had in a while and adds a second phase to the final boss fight that's pretty fun.

To get the good ending, in the third episode as Claire
switch to Moira and shoot the gun to kill Neil for the final shot instead of doing it as Claire.

It could be anything really but I would guess maybe some 2015 game.

Arkham Knight
Just Cause 3
MKX
Pillars
Ori
Dying Light
Dark Souls 2

Lots of contenders.
I'm not seeing any of those coming to the monthly apart Ori maybe. But I'd totally take Dying Light or Arkham Knight. Would gladly be proven wrong :)

MadGear

header.jpg

Thanks for the impression, I'll definitely pick this up during an upcoming sale. I recently played the first episode and hated the way mouse aiming felt (even with "fast aiming" off and aiming speed set to 0) but playing the second chapter with gamepad I had a much better time, but I also think that the second chapter was way better overall.

However I'm actually surprised that most of you didn't seem to enjoy Revelations 1 that much. There were certainly things I disliked/hated about it (Keith and Quint ...) but for the most part I enjoyed playing it and exploring the Queen Zenobia. Its just sad that the ghost ship atmosphere gradually got lost and that the stun mechanic (which in a way could made the game play a bit like Dead Space) felt absolutely inferior to just going for headshots. Either way I enjoyed it and it actually got me interested in playing Resident Evil games again (currently playing REHD and loving it).

Jawmuncher

Pillars of Eternity or Darkest Dungeon.

I think it worked in it's favour honestly. I still have not finished it, but I really liked the gameplay and focus of the characters. No bullshit.

Some parts of the game really stick out. Story wise it's fine, but I feel Moira and co deserved a better game.

Thanks for the impression, I'll definitely pick this up during an upcoming sale. I recently played the first episode and hated the way mouse aiming felt (even with "fast aiming" off and aiming speed set to 0) but playing the second chapter with gamepad I had a much better time, but I also think that the second chapter was way better overall.

However I'm actually surprised that most of you didn't seem to enjoy Revelations 1 that much. There were certainly things I disliked/hated about it (Keith and Quint ...) but for the most part I enjoyed playing it and exploring the Queen Zenobia. Its just sad that the ghost ship atmosphere gradually got lost and that the stun mechanic (which in a way could made the game play a bit like Dead Space) felt absolutely inferior to just going for headshots. Either way I enjoyed it and it actually got me interested in playing Resident Evil games again (currently playing REHD and loving it).

RE is in such a odd place due to all the styles it's been at this point. One game can appeal to half the fans and not the others. Even RE7 is facing that issue with its big changes, RE4 had the same pains as well. Hell some people still don't like that game.
Really hope capcom cements on offering numerous styles to appeal to the divide it made.

Classic style with remakes
Action spinoff
Horror style for new mainline

That more or less covers the most general bases.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Archimedes -- MB-6F8EB5725D5FB594 - Taken by Diedac
Mind Dead -- MB-71C4ACA627880B4F - Taken by MaxiLive
Cluck Yegger in Escape From The Planet of The Poultroid -- MB-8494FBFCA0A7B768 - Taken by fspm
Spectre -- MB-6134BD11315F952D - Taken by NingenJanai
Shutter -- MB-0A22312AC38CD3F0 - Taken by ThirtyFour
Five Nights at Freddy's 2 -- MB-ED6C3D481B5CA5F8 - Taken by KainXVIII
Gynophobia -- MB-4805F591C962E003 - Taken by Hakkelus
Dream Factory -- MB-3EB512543A9901B7 - Taken by Saty

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Both games would easily qualify as the "get early" game if they were ever in a monthly.

I said purely selfish reasons. You have no argument against my purely selfish reasons :p

Tizoc

Tempted as i am to get deathwing it
1- doesnt have local co op iirc
2 the xeno scum and setting are a little too creepy for me :p

I may get it down the line tho

I got turned down a lot after learning it was a Vermintide/L4D type of CoOp game. Was hoping for more glorious Singleplayer focus in the Warhammer universe after Space Marine :(

derFeef

I got turned down a lot after learning it was a Vermintide/L4D type of CoOp game. Was hoping for more glorious Singleplayer focus in the Warhammer universe after Space Marine :(

Space Marine is one of my favourite 3rd person shooters, it was simply epic (minus that Boss fight). I hope relic gets to do a sequel. Haha :(

I think it worked in it's favour honestly. I still have not finished it, but I really liked the gameplay and focus of the characters. No bullshit.

Exactly.
It's a brilliant game and of the very best in the franchise and I'm convinced that the budget constraints played a part in a lot of the design decisions that make me appreciate it so much.
Besides, it's not like it looks offensively bad and the lenght is very decent.

Durante

Damn Xanadu Next looks interesting...

Any more impressions?
It's like a more RPG-y Ys of the best kind (Origin/Felghana).

Just buy it.

Chances of Xanadu Next being in the humble monthly?

I don't want to grab it tonight and have a SURPRISE! with tomorrow's reveal.
If you look at how XSEED have handled their recent PC releases, they seem happy to go with slower sales in return for more gradual price reductions.

Ganado

header.jpg

I really don't like the Revelations series. Gunplay feels so basic. I had way more fun with RE6.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I was going to say I bet from your ending comment you got the bad ending, the good ending in my opinion is one of the best RE endings they've had in a while and adds a second phase to the final boss fight that's pretty fun.

To get the good ending, in the third episode as Claire
switch to Moira and shoot the gun to kill Neil for the final shot instead of doing it as Claire.

Also note that you can do that one part and reload into the last episode and the flag will still be set.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of RE, REmake is growing on me now that ive gotten over the initial old school systems (some of which are still terrible) shock. The box helps, and fuck playing Chris, but its better now.

One thing im noticing tho is im always very low on ammo, dunno how you guys said theres a ton of ammo, are you thinking of RE4 or something? atm Ive got 3 shotgun blats, 15 pistol (because I JUST found a clip which I hadnt in ages, in the bit where you find the grenade launcher) and 6 grenade launcher shells (actually 12 because I have the 6 that barry gave me in the box). Thats still not amazing considering those red zombies keep popping up all the time (they sure pop up much earlier than in the original dont they?). Health wise I got a fuckload of items, but that wont help much if I cant kill shit lol.

Anyway off to the snake I guess, with 2 death masks done on the other side of the manor. Level design is still fantastic, as is the sound/music. Graphics hold up nicely, the pre-rendered backgrounds and fixed perspectives help I guess. I actually prefer this than the RE4 onward full 3d approach (well technically Code Veronica onward).

Hopefully I wont get to a point where im out of ammo and cant proceed because that would mean me calling it on the game, im not fucking restarting this, im not liking it THAT much (im liking it fine, more now like I said, but yeah, im not restarting to save ammo or to lower the difficulty)

Wok

I launched Simply Chess, clicked on "Pass and Play" in the main menu, and the game awarded me a Steam key for the "premium upgrade" for owning games of the same devs (maybe Hive and Othello).

Rhaknar

Less than 4 hours until the next Humble Monthly is revealed, get excited!

shouldnt the excitment be over the previous one games reveal? since you already paid for it afterall >_>

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Mass Effect games.
The elder scrolls Oblivion.
Haven't played Skyrim yet, but I guess that one too.

i liked Morrowind but didn't enjoy Oblivion or Skyrim

Mass Effect 2

i do already own it and have been meaning to play it... but i might wait til Monday to see if they're releasing some sort of remastered edition.

if they don't - any must-have mods besides controller support?

Tizoc

any good third person action-RPGs with a great story & cast? i've already played the Witcher series

Mass Effect series are more TPS RPGs :p
Xanadu Next just released and is def. worth checking out to sate your Action RPG, assuming you played the Ys series already.

Otherwise you've got Fashionista's Dogma, Grim Dawn, Way of the Samurai 3 and 4 & Kingdoms of Amalur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom