• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just spent the last 24 hours straight playing games on Steam. This year I opted to actually finish a few games (Abzu, Virginia, Shadow Complex, Firewatch) in addition to playing several others - mostly because I was having a blast with the above titles.

XByjyom.png

GukfOtV.png

Tons of fellow GAFers won some great games (I'll be contacting everyone that won after I get some sleep!) and most importantly my fundraising goal was realized.

Thanks again for everyone that helped make this happen.
You go have a solid rest. Can't remember the last time I stayed up for more than 24hrs, let alone play. My head hurts even from +4hrs sessions.

And congratulations on achieving your goal. Many good deeds, many smiling children :)
Just noticed it's you Ludens! Almost couldn't recognize you without a Snake avi ;)

Kyougar

xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg

what are the chances that the WiiU will drop in price in the next months? I can mostly play all what i want to play on steam or GoG, but one game i want to play is Xenoblade X but I dont want to cash out 260€ for just one game. (No, i dont have any love for Nintendo's other games, no bayonetta, no splattoon and certainly nothing out of their own 1st party studios) So it will probably just be for 1 game.

If my niece was older I could have gifted her the console afterwards and some games but she is just two.

Eila

xenoblade-chronicles-x.jpg

what are the chances that the WiiU will drop in price in the next months? I can mostly play all what i want to play on steam or GoG, but one game i want to play is Xenoblade X but I dont want to cash out 260€ for just one game. (No, i dont have any love for Nintendo's other games, no bayonetta, no splattoon and certainly nothing out of their own 1st party studios) So it will probably just be for 1 game.

If my niece was older I could have gifted her the console afterwards and some games but she is just two.

Seems to me it was just too expensive to produce thanks to the gamepad.
For Xenoblade X you could wait until CEMU is good enough to emulate it. The game doesn't need the gamepad at all.

Ghazi

Has a fix been discovered for Steam reading DualShock 4 controllers as two controllers and causing double inputs?

Ghazi

Are you talking about games with native ds4 support? or something else?

I'm talking about Steam's new native DS4 support. I'm playing Dark Souls 1 (which doesn't support the DS4) and am on the beta Steam client to use my DualShock 4 to play it. Steam is reading my controller as both a DS4 and a "Wireless Controller" causing double inputs.

I've had that setting you showed enabled and still have the issue.

Happy Birthday iosefe!
My office is almost done. I need to tidy up some cables in some areas and buy some lighting and decor for the walls. Got the desk set up today with a little knights table and my beer drinking / lounge chair behind my setup. The room is small, but I'm just glad I finally have my own space to game and work.
Very, very nice setup. And sweet monitor!

PWYL-model might not be that profitable... as expected, I guess. I suggest you try the game though.

GDWT9jK.png

Also, I have noticed two games got a demo. Book of Demon was well-received, I was sceptical, but after playing the demo, I get the reason why.

I would have been on the lookout to get it cheap and bought it outright, but now that it's in my library I'm willing to engage with the pay-what-you-liked model...once I play it. That's the sticking point now. If it was in a bundle they would get some money and I wouldn't need to wait to actually play it to gauge my level of like.
There's a Gog sale going on and no thread. I really am surprised by that.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It's like Assassin's Creed, except instead of an Assassin, you're a drunk robot, and instead of reliving "history", you're reliving Jack and the Beanstalk. Also you get an achievement for drowning some sheep. Super fun, especially when you're powered up and can cruise around. Really really cool, just super fan to climb around and check stuff out and explore. Took me 7.3 hours to 100%. Despite being Ubisoft, it is Steamworks, has Steam achievements, Steam cards, and no Uplay.

It's like Assassin's Creed, except instead of an Assassin, you're a drunk robot, and instead of reliving "history", you're reliving Jack and the Beanstalk. Also you get an achievement for drowning some sheep. Super fun, especially when you're powered up and can cruise around. Really really cool, just super fan to climb around and check stuff out and explore. Took me 7.3 hours to 100%. Despite being Ubisoft, it is Steamworks, has Steam achievements, Steam cards, and no Uplay.
I played a little of this last week while my son watched. We both enjoyed it.

It's a good game to practice using the Steam Controller with too.

Nabs

I'm talking about Steam's new native DS4 support. I'm playing Dark Souls 1 (which doesn't support the DS4) and am on the beta Steam client to use my DualShock 4 to play it. Steam is reading my controller as both a DS4 and a "Wireless Controller" causing double inputs.

I've had that setting you showed enabled and still have the issue.

Yeah, I don't know. While Wireless Controller shows up in the controller panel, it doesn't give me double inputs in Dark Souls.

Teggy

Seems to me it was just too expensive to produce thanks to the gamepad.
For Xenoblade X you could wait until CEMU is good enough to emulate it. The game doesn't need the gamepad at all.

IIRC all of the map stuff was done on the game pad. You used it to assign the sensors and fast travel and a few other things.

Wok

Fossil Echo is discounted (-50%) after its first major update is released.

Easy Mode
Fossil Echo is a very challenging game, and while some players really like the difficulty, others prefer to enjoy the story and atmosphere without having to work too hard for it. The addition of an Easy Mode lets those players enjoy the story with significantly easier levels (less enemies, longer timing windows...).

Note: The Temple levels remain the same, as they are optional challenge levels, we felt that they should remain consistent despite the difficulty setting.

Gameplay Tweaks
In addition, we made several gameplay tweaks that should enhance the experience. Better wall recognition for wall jumping, better hitboxes, among others, all make for a smoother and more enjoyable gameplay.

Now this is a statue I want. Sure, it's only $445 and won't come out till late next year, but it's so good.

The resolution of this picture is so good too. And a bit creepy once you get that her trousers is missing the middle part.

MUnited83

For you.
I did the stupid pigeon challenge in GTA IV, never doing that kind of thing again unless I consider the game one of my greatest ever.

I'll probably get around to getting all achievements for MGS V at some point, but even then, I'm good for a while.
Rockstar are the absolute fucking worse about achievements. Ubisoft games blush at the quantity of mindless bullshit you have to do and collect.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If it feels like work, tedious and just for the sake of doing it rather than enjoyment, no achievement is worth it.

fallout

I enjoyed what I played of Grow Home, but something about the controls felt too floaty to me. It lacked the precision and concrete feeling of a 3D Mario game.

Vibranium

Banned
Wow, I've put a lot of time into Mankind Divided. I guess I just really love Deus Ex, and grinding out achievements lol. Still have to get the season pass/DLC and work on stupid Breach (this mode needs to go away in the sequel).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
This Earth's Dawn game looks neat and apparently its coming to Steam but its not on the store.

Never heard of it before either.

Tizoc

Wanna know what else is the sme as the bolded?
Might and magic clash of heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom