• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

They've been working on RE2 Remake for over a year, we will likely get some juicy footage in 2017.

It's clear they were working on the pipeline during RE Remake HD as they created quite a few background images that couldn't be upscaled from the old version.

Probably not all hands on deck as they have several projects in the pipeline, but RE2 Remake isn't going to be a massive seller so they will likely keep the margins higher.

I personally wouldn't be so sure.
They're probably positioning it as a mainline game launch, despite it being a remake. Since it's going to be the new face of the series. Much like FF7 Remake for Square. Since we can be pretty sure that it'l use the RE engine. So they won't have to bother with pre-rendered. Which even if scaled now, will be a pain for future porting at some point. But all hands on deck, I was referring more to RE project staff.

RE7 has/had apparently just as many people working on it as RE6 did. Since RE7 is going through polish mode now, a lot of the staff can move onto the next RE game. RE0 and REmake might have gotten the game greenlit. But I don't think that instantly means it'll be following in those shoe's entirely. I don't see capcom doing a remake as a budget title. Which is why I stand firm on thinking capcom will offer two different modes for the game.

rtcn63

tumblr_lwtd8d7v8I1qd1naf.jpg

Oh.. bummer.

I'm pretty in the dark on RE7 (having only seen like five minutes of VR footage), but if it's actually a first-person RE game without RE characters or gameplay that seems like such a massive wash that I don't understand why they greenlit it at all. It's like The Bureau: XCOM Declassified-levels of misguidedness.

Capcom has learned all of the wrong lessons from RE4's success and RE6's failure.

Oh.. bummer.

I'm pretty in the dark on RE7 (having only seen like five minutes of VR footage), but if it's actually a first-person RE game without RE characters or gameplay that seems like such a massive wash that I don't understand why they greenlit it at all. It's like The Bureau: XCOM Declassified-levels of misguidedness.

Capcom has learned all of the wrong lessons from RE4's success and RE6's failure.
I enjoyed The Bureau: XCOM declassified.

Grief.exe

I personally wouldn't be so sure.
They're probably positioning it as a mainline game launch, despite it being a remake. Since it's going to be the new face of the series. Much like FF7 Remake for Square. Since we can be pretty sure that it'l use the RE engine. So they won't have to bother with pre-rendered. Which even if scaled now, will be a pain for future porting at some point. But all hands on deck, I was referring more to RE project staff.

RE7 has/had apparently just as many people working on it as RE6 did. Since RE7 is going through polish mode now, a lot of the staff can move onto the next RE game. RE0 and REmake might have gotten the game greenlit. But I don't think that instantly means it'll be following in those shoe's entirely. I don't see capcom doing a remake as a budget title. Which is why I stand firm on thinking capcom will offer two different modes for the game.

It just doesn't have the market penetration, nor the technical requirements that would require or justify a large development team.

Jawmuncher

Oh.. bummer.

RE7 will have returning characters from prior RE games in some form
It's first person, but a lot of it's gameplay elements are taking from the very fire RE title (Not remake)
It's still set in the same universe, and it s soft-reboot sort of thing like RE4 was.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Can't say i'm all for the changes it has, but i'll be giving it a chance.

It just doesn't have the market penetration, nor the technical requirements that would require or justify a large development team.

This is entirely dependent on what capcom is wanting to do with the project. Since we have nothing more than it being announced, there's nothing much we can assume.
Hoping they show it off soon so we can know exactly what they'll be attempting with it. Since I agree on a level that a standalone $60 RE2make in classic style wouldn't have that market penetration like you said. However a budget title could. But on the same hand, maybe capcom has bigger aspirations for it, and they do something like the modern and classic modes. To try and get as many people onto one title and to help with said market penetration.

It all depends on what exactly their plans are for the title.

Grief.exe

This is entirely dependent on what capcom is wanting to do with the project. Since we have nothing more than it being announced, there's nothing much we can assume.
Hoping they show it off soon so we can know exactly what they'll be attempting with it. Since I agree on a level that a standalone $60 RE2make in classic style wouldn't have that market penetration like you said. However a budget title could. But on the same hand, maybe capcom has bigger aspirations for it, and they do something like the modern and classic modes. To try and get as many people onto one title and to help with said market penetration.

It all depends on what exactly their plans are for the title.

Agree to disagree.

Something I did forget to mention as it's not likely that team could even be transitioned over from RE7. In game development throwing people at a project isn't always a great answer, there is a significant lead time to getting them integrated into the project, especially when they are changing engines and development pipeline.

Jawmuncher

Agree to disagree.

Something I did forget to mention as it's not likely that team could even be transitioned over from RE7. In game development throwing people at a project isn't always a great answer, there is a significant lead time to getting them integrated into the project, especially when they are changing engines and development pipeline.

I would say in that case I would expect that RE2make had a Skelton type crew after it got announced. Since a lot were still on RE7 which was the main focus. If the game is using REengine as well, I don't think the shifting would be that bad. I would argue that the game probably didn't fully take off on dev until the shift of work went from 7 to 2. Which is why I don't think we'll even get it until the end of 2018. Which kinda lines up with the dev time RE7 had.

We shall see though. I'll be buying it regardless so it doesn't really matter what it actually is to me. Just offering my take on it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well I just spent the last 24 hours straight playing games on Steam. This year I opted to actually finish a few games (Abzu, Virginia, Shadow Complex, Firewatch) in addition to playing several others - mostly because I was having a blast with the above titles.

XByjyom.png

GukfOtV.png

Tons of fellow GAFers won some great games (I'll be contacting everyone that won after I get some sleep!) and most importantly my fundraising goal was realized.

Thanks again for everyone that helped make this happen.

jfoul

Anybody know if the CDkeys pre-order of Dishonored 2 comes with the Digital Imperial Assassin's Pack, and Dishonored: Definitive Edition?

rtcn63

I started working at a pizza place (for how long and how many hours, who knows- my stomach can't handle cleaning bathrooms), but hey I have some money to buy new games but it's so close to the holidays. Experience has shown that even newly released titles get discounted heavily.

Parsnip

Good stuff jshackles.

Regarding RE2 Remake, I really hope they expand the game similarly to what they did with RE1 remake back in the day.
There's also the dual disc thing to consider, are they going to split the game up the same way as before? RE2 structure is somewhat different from RE1, I'm extremely curious how it all shakes out.

RE2 was the first of those games that I got really into. I could practically run through Leon A - Claire B my eyes closed. I'm both excited and worried at the same time.

Tizoc

Well I just spent the last 24 hours straight playing games on Steam. This year I opted to actually finish a few games (Abzu, Virginia, Shadow Complex, Firewatch) in addition to playing several others - mostly because I was having a blast with the above titles.

XByjyom.png

GukfOtV.png

Tons of fellow GAFers won some great games (I'll be contacting everyone that won after I get some sleep!) and most importantly my fundraising goal was realized.

I watched the stream in and out while playing Xanadu Next :3
Great stuff this year jshackles.

Ludens

Banned
Played 10 hours of Stardew Valley between yesterday and today, but I dropped it. The game is very good, the pixel art is awesome but I feel there's too much grind for me.
I reached level 5 in farming, level 2 in fishing, bought an expansion for the house, another building to breed animals (but I don't understand how you can do that since I can't find animals to buy), but I can't upgrade my tools because I need a forge apparently, but it didn't unlock in my crafting tab despite having crafted 15 items or so, all the available items I had.
As I wrote, the game is good, but it requires too much time to invest.

Jawmuncher

Good stuff jshackles.

Regarding RE2 Remake, I really hope they expand the game similarly to what they did with RE1 remake back in the day.
There's also the dual disc thing to consider, are they going to split the game up the same way as before? RE2 structure is somewhat different from RE1, I'm extremely curious how it all shakes out.

RE2 was the first of those games that I got really into. I could practically run through Leon A - Claire B my eyes closed. I'm both excited and worried at the same time.

I would think they would leave that alone. With it being a remake, the ground work is in a sense already done. The style didn't affect the game being ported in anyway.

Benedict

XByjyom.png

GukfOtV.png

I watched the stream now and then when I had a moment to spare. Thanks for the stream and congratulations on reaching your goal.

Tagyhag

So my 2nd monitor broke and I plan on getting a new primary one while just using the older primary as the substitute for #2.

Right now I'm on a 1080/60hz, and since I'm on a budget, instead of going with a Gsync monitor like I'd like to, I was thinking of going with a 144hz Freesync 1080p one.

Would that be a bad idea? Is that price reasonable?

I'm thinking of just using it for ~5 years and then just jumping to a 4K Gsync one when they're available and not with eye gouging prices. This would be on a 1070 (While upgrading to the newest available cards when I get that 4K monitor of course).

Ludens

Banned
Last Door Season 2 is now available on Bemine 28...almost. I clicked "Reveal the code" and there's nothing at all here.

gabbo

So my 2nd monitor broke and I plan on getting a new primary one while just using the older primary as the substitute for #2.

Right now I'm on a 1080/60hz, and since I'm on a budget, instead of going with a Gsync monitor like I'd like to, I was thinking of going with a 144hz Freesync 1080p one.

Would that be a bad idea? Is that price reasonable?

I'm thinking of just using it for ~5 years and then just jumping to a 4K Gsync one when they're available and not with eye gouging prices. This would be on a 1070 (While upgrading to the newest available cards when I get that 4K monitor of course).

Your 1070 won't work with Freesync, but other than that, it's a good monitor especially for the price.

iosefe

Happy birthday iosefe!
Bring back Peridot
When the next episode airs
Happy Birthday !

Have a nice birthday iosefe.

Have a good birthday, iosefe! :)

happy birthday iosefe!

Have birthday iosefe ! :)

Happy b-day, iosefe!

Happy birthday iosefe!
Thank you, comrades

Granjinha

Played that already, it was great.

So basically I should buy Owlboy instead, huh?

Owlboy is probably ending up as my GOTY so go for it!

Maybe if you hate yourself and deem that you need punishment. In most games that get praise I can see the allure for some people, but god damn, Oxenfree is such a steaming pile of boring horse shit.

if you think that about oxenfree i wonder what you think about firewatch

hell on earth, probably, cause at least oxenfree has a decent story

Hektor

Happy Bday Iosefe
happ bday isoo

https://www.gamestm.co.uk/interviews/masachika-kawata-talks-building-resis-haunted-house/

i'm confused by this interview

i thought mca was working on prey?

and he's now at larian?

that's like cool as shit

i don't dislike divinity but i kind of hope he gets to work on a better ip someday, divinity os was fun but i just don't feel much attachment to that universe

Isn't he free lancing? Cos he's working on D:OS2, Prey, Torment, and the System Shock Remake

Tall4Life

Played 10 hours of Stardew Valley between yesterday and today, but I dropped it. The game is very good, the pixel art is awesome but I feel there's too much grind for me.
I reached level 5 in farming, level 2 in fishing, bought an expansion for the house, another building to breed animals (but I don't understand how you can do that since I can't find animals to buy), but I can't upgrade my tools because I need a forge apparently, but it didn't unlock in my crafting tab despite having crafted 15 items or so, all the available items I had.
As I wrote, the game is good, but it requires too much time to invest.
It's feeling like a grind because you're really missing shit and have your priorities wrong. To upgrade your tools, you need to give metal bars to Clint, the blacksmith. To get bars, you get ore from the mines/buy them from Clint and smelt them with a furnace. To unlock the furnace, you just get some ore from the Mines and talk to Clint. Its not that complicated. It sounds like you haven't even been to the Mines.

Ludens

Banned
It's feeling like a grind because you're really missing shit and have your priorities wrong. To upgrade your tools, you need to give metal bars to Clint, the blacksmith. To get bars, you get ore from the mines/buy them from Clint and smelt them with a furnace. To unlock the furnace, you just get some ore from the Mines and talk to Clint. Its not that complicated. It sounds like you haven't even been to the Mines.
Nope, I bought ores from the blacksmith.

Wok

PWYL-model might not be that profitable... as expected, I guess. I suggest you try the game though.

GDWT9jK.png

Also, I have noticed two games got a demo. Book of Demon was well-received, I was sceptical, but after playing the demo, I get the reason why.

Happy Birthday Iosefe!

Despite Xanadu Next being designed around mouse and keyboard I find it much more fun and comfortable with a controller. Well, except when having to deal with the inventory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom