• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Heads-up, if any developer was supposed to patch, release, or fix something or whatever in the last 24 hours and they didn't, it's not their fault. For the first time I've ever seen it, the Steam developer site is down. Valve probably will fix it soon since it's about to be office hours and they'll probably take notice, but right now no developer can modify or release anything for their game if it wasn't previously scheduled.

It's also why all the newly released games in the last 24 hours are labelled as 'coming soon' and not released yet, no one can meddle with Steam's internal affairs right now.

rtcn63

Dark Souls Series |OT| Take Sip, Get Hit

I'm almost at the end of my GI Dark Souls 3 re-watch. Probably gonna do DS1 again. And I hope they revisit Demon's Souls, since they stopped after a few episodes to play DS3. (They got it pre-release)

Orgen

I feel like starting a 50+ hour RPG that I already own but can't decide which.. Help me decide SteamGAF?

• Baldur's Gate EE (For an Evil playthrough)
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution DC (Never played it)
  • Icewind Dale EE (For an Evil playthrough - not sure if worth it)
  • Planescape: Torment (Because why not)
  • Fallout 3 GOTY (Played 1 & 2, never played a 3D Fallout game yet)
  • Mass Effect 3 (Played 1 & 2, never played 3)
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen (Never played it)
  • Utima VII Pt 1 & 2 (Never finished it)
  • Wizardry 6 (Never played the series)

Mass Effect 3 so you can finish the trilogy (and see all the fuss about the ending :p)

Purkake4

Banned
Planescape: Torment

Well, the best game on this list is Planescape: Torment.

The most refreshingly different from anything on the modern market might be World of Xeen.

Planescape. Ultima games for me are simply too hard today to figure out by your own, you will spend 400 hours on them.
I'm with them. Planescape is still a shining example of amazing worldbuilding (and that on top of the already amazing DnD setting) character development and storytelling.

Anno

So it looks like the first game from John Smedley's new studio, Hero's Song, will be releasing this morning into Early Access. I'm tentatively excited as it looks like an interestng crossover between a Diablo-em-up and the adventure mode in Dwarf Fortress.

Anyone else followed the game much or excited to try it?

I like how JP devs think
TNIkIDG.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I have to confess that I don't understand why they keep adding stuff to GOG Connect for one day, then shutting down the feature, then re-opening it months later with different games.

Surely it is because GOG is my friend and not a business. Give me time to fit it into my worldview.

Coreda

Surely it is because GOG is my friend and not a business. Give me time to fit it into my worldview.

I mean, it's really just GOG getting devs to agree to handing out free copies of the game in order to promote GOG, with the facade of it being some kind of 'transfer'. Presumably there's something in it for them, no idea. It's no wonder it's a limited time window.

Wok

I have finished Oxenfree. The game is okay, above average for sure, but not that amazing. Some parts felts like a chore, especially rewinding tapes which, for some reasons, would not work steady and fast for some tapes.

I met Ozium in a mirror. He told me to let Michael make up his own mind about Clarissa.

Small Radios Big Televisions comes out tomorrow on Steam and PS4.

Here's my review just in case anyone is curious about it.

Cool. I am curious about it.

yuraya

that's probably why their games are selling like shit :p (except Kojima)

MGS sales are actually really amazing study. Every single mainline MGS game sold the same not counting remasters etc. Its basically something like 5-6 million copies each or roughly in that range. Its the perfect example of a game being made for its fans and only being bought by its fans. Like 99% of other franchises tend to fluctuate in so many crazy directions with how much they sell.

Teggy

I bought an xbox one wireless adapter for my pc in August 2015 and totally forgot. It was sitting in my closet. Thankfully Amazon has the reminder on the page that you've bought something already. :)

Completed over 50% of Riddler Challenges. They did a great job at enticing me to go find them. Tying world-building and backstory to collectibles has a great pay-off. Especially in a world as interesting as this.

Wok

No idea what that is.

Runbow, the fun, crazy, colour-based platformer with over 140 levels, loads of indie guest characters, playable with 9 players both on- AND offline is coming to PC via Steam! All the Runbow content you know and love, including our massive Adventure mode, the Bowhemoth, local and online multiplayer are coming right to your Steam account on November 18th! Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for up-to-the-minute updates, and get ready to Runbow!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Posting this here, since a lot of SteamGAF won games.

Enhanced Steam's Extra Life this year was a huge success, thank you everyone who donated and to everyone who watched the live-stream! I had more games to give away than I had time to while playing for 24 hours straight. The prizes here were generously donated by our friends at IsThereAnyDeal.com, GamesPlanet.com, and friends of Enhanced Steam. Without further ado, here is a list of all this year's raffle winners:
  • Street Fighter V - Fad
  • Dragon's Dogma - Tompon
  • Dead Rising - DarthYubNub
  • Umbrella Corps Deluxe - niknum
  • Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition - RWLewis2nd
  • This is the Police - seeeeew
  • Dark Souls III - benedict
  • Dragon's Dogma - FrantaM
  • Umbrella Corps Deluxe - milena87
  • The Banner Saga 2 - ColdSun
  • Dead Rising - G λ M Ξ ®
  • Superhot - cloonaid
  • LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens - luchaos
  • DOOM - Beary Mairo
  • Umbrella Corps Deluxe - Dsyndrome
  • Dragon's Dogma - Ethan Centaurai
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Five Element Ninja
  • Total War: Warhammer - Chewable C++
  • Hitman: The Full Experience - tess_erzsebet
  • Fallout 4 - KenOD
  • God Eater 2: Rage Burst - corrosivefrost
  • Street Fighter V - Dandey
  • Football Manager 2017 - oipic
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Klunky
  • Dead Rising - AugieMarch
  • Kathy Rain - r3n4ud
  • Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster - DrR0Ck
  • Rocket League - drusepth
  • Dragon's Dogma - snipe_25
Congratulations to all the winners, and thank you again for your generosity. I'll be contacting you all over the next few days to distribute your prizes. See you all next year for Extra Life 2017!

Anyway to take screenshots in Owlboy since the keyboard is disabled when there's a controller plugged in for that game? F12 doesn't work because of this.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can I still donate? I totally forgot to check in this year.

Donations are still accepted through the end of December on my Extra Life page.

You will still receive the Enhanced Steam supporter badge for your profile, but obviously you won't be eligible for the raffle. ;)

Nzyme32

That Mass Effect trailer was the most generic thing I've seen in quite a while. Guess I'll see the gameplay trailer at the Game Awards and that might be more interesting

Tizoc

So take this a grain of salt but there is a leaked list of Season 2 characters in SF5
Oro, Sagat, Abel, Sodom, Rose, Q.
Toss in Gouki and that's 7 characters, so I do hope we get at least 3 completely NEW characters if not just 2.

Mass Effect Andromeda

GOTY 2017

But it's not releasing on Steam :V

Anyway to take screenshots in Owlboy since the keyboard is disabled when there's a controller plugged in for that game? F12 doesn't work because of this.

Whoa, some games do that? I must be really lucky... every game I use a controller with seamlessly transitions between KB&M prompts and controller prompts.
Mass Effect Andromeda

GOTY 2017

Only Mass Effects with Wrex are eligible for GotY.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
wtf my skyrim special edition wont launch, launcher works fine but then the game doesnt appear, its in processes too in Task Manager

Also, excited for Mass effect

Jawmuncher

So take this a grain of salt but there is a leaked list of Season 2 characters in SF5

Toss in Gouki and that's 7 characters, so I do hope we get at least 3 completely NEW characters if not just 2.

1524580342678793388pvrul.jpg

If Q is really happening in season 2 i'm done. I will have a SF game with all my Fav characters.

yuraya

As I've said b4 SteamGAF vote needs to allow outsiders into the goty discussion. There is so few of them it really won't change much. Its basically just Overwatch for this year and MEA for next.

As I've said b4 SteamGAF vote needs to allow outsiders into the goty discussion. There is so few of them it really won't change much. Its basically just Overwatch for this year and MEA for next.

I'd imagine Battlefield 1 would get some votes probably...but yeah, it really wouldn't alter things much (if at all) under normal circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom