• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I don't know, people at Chair always seemed pretty cool and the two founders last name is mustard. I can't really hate a person whose last name is mustard. Despite their game being loosely connected to Orson Scott Card.

It's not like Card worked on the game or anything.

Also sometimes I just have to separate artist from art I find.
Otherwise I could never watch Firefly again, now knowing what kind of nutjob Adam Baldwin is.

Eila

Killing Floor was great a few years back. Not sure how the community is now, but I guess everyone just plays Hell on Earth by now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Killing Floor was great a few years back. Not sure how the community is now, but I guess everyone just plays Hell on Earth by now.

It's kind of weird to put out KF1 in a bundle as KF2 is coming so soon (beta is on PS4 right now).

Endruen

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor + DLC -- MB-8AE77A017A218423 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
The Mean Greens - Plastic Warfare -- MB-50C5F13CD875F50D - Taken by alr1ght. 15 entrants total.

t1478663353z1.png

I think I did everything right. The DLCs should be included. Contact me if something is wrong (I will be sleeping by the time the raffle ends, so I won't answer until 3 hours later or so).

Killing Floor Base game

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (boybrushdRED, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-0DCC2FBBDE52F057 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.

t1478665087z1.png

Granjinha

i like how in this updated OS promotions from games you like get much more spotlight

momodora is fucking flashing in my steam store, so was master spy (the second i bought)

momodora also jumped to the top 10 even though it was only 30%

zkylon

zkylewd
i like how in this updated OS promotions from games you like get much more spotlight

momodora is fucking flashing in my steam store, so was master spy (the second i bought)

momodora also jumped to the top 10 even though it was only 30%
yeah, i also think having a couple games on sale at once instead of just one is a really good change

I just want y'all to know whatever happens in the elections I love SteamGAF.

That said, I cannot play anything because of school work.

LifeIsUnfair.wav

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-F56BF1B585D15905 - Taken by KainXVIII. 27 entrants total.

t1478699403z1.png

JustinBB7

How do you fix the VAC being blocked message? I suddenly get it in Dota 2, and rebooting didn't work, verifying files didn't work, and the repairing steam thing didn't work either. Can't play because it says VAC is being blocked. I just used CCleaner, now I get this shit.

Catshade

A spare from Bundle Stars.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Hektor -- MB-F77DC4A723AA3890 - Taken by Purkake4

Deadbeat

Banned
I just want y'all to know whatever happens in the elections I love SteamGAF.

That said, I cannot play anything because of school work.

LifeIsUnfair.wav
Its not going to be fun anymore after trump loses. The trolling because he was in the race was the best thing going. Think about how boring this election would have been if it was Jeb or Cruz or whoever else instead?

Trump was an amazing gift and birthed great entertainment.

JustinBB7

Tried a bunch more things and still can't play Dota, just keep getting the VAC is blocked message.

I tried:

Rebooting
Verifying game cache
Repaired Steam service
Restored boot to default (2 commands didn't work: bcdedit /deletevalue nointegritychecks
bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions)
Made sure DEP is on
Added steam folder to except folder in AVG
Ran steam as admin
TF2 works fine on VAC servers
Deleted folder <PATH_TO_STEAM>/appcache/
Reinstalled Dota

Going to reboot 1 more time and if that doesn't work then I have no clue how to fix this, this is fucked up.

Jawmuncher

Tried a bunch more things and still can't play Dota, just keep getting the VAC is blocked message.

I tried:

Rebooting
Verifying game cache
Repaired Steam service
Restored boot to default (2 commands didn't work: bcdedit /deletevalue nointegritychecks
bcdedit /deletevalue loadoptions)
Made sure DEP is on
Added steam folder to except folder in AVG
Ran steam as admin

Going to reboot 1 more time and if that doesn't work then I have no clue how to fix this, this is fucked up.

It's a sign to give up dota

Strider

I stopped playing + sold all my dota items recently and I basically have enough money in my account for every steam game I'm planning on buying next year.

FeelsGoodMan

Played Arkham City for several hours. It's a definitive step-up visually. Character models especially look much better and pleasing. The open-world is not huge but it feels big since everything is so densely packed and traversing takes a bit time.
Not gonna lie, the sheer amount of things to do was at first a bit too much. In Asylum I knew every room like my pocket and here all is a lot more. The trophies are gonna be a pain to collect as well it seems.
Gameplay is more interesting on the other hand. It's fun.

And look who I found. The person Trump so obviously took inspiration from.
Make Gotham safe again!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No money for shitbags. :)
The best way to get these games.

Nice.

So, I'm doing Dead Rising 3: Nightmare Mode for a first playthrough and holy shit: Do they seriously not list the Restrooms/save points in this mode!?

Damn, I was hoping for more timely reviews on Tyranny. I guess I'll wait until the Winter (or maybe Summer?) sale to pick it up.

Not that I'm not excited for it, but I just don't have time with Civ still being awesome and you know.. actual IRL holidays incoming very quickly. Oh and like my wedding and shit to plan.

Oh shit the new Obsidian joint is coming out already?

Teggy

Guys, I had a really weird thing happen. I flashed the bios on my 1080 (fan fix) and my mouse pointer has completely disappeared.

I know my mouse works because I put it on a different computer. If I hold down control, the ping shows in the middle of the screen (Windows 10) but there is nothing there. I've tried every suggestion on the internet to get it to work but it's not working.

I don't see how flashing my video card can have anything to do with it, but that's the last time it was there.

I'm about to try reinstalling Windows 10 but was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

Guys, I had a really weird thing happen. I flashed the bios on my 1080 (fan fix) and my mouse pointer has completely disappeared.

I know my mouse works because I put it on a different computer. If I hold down control, the ping shows in the middle of the screen (Windows 10) but there is nothing there. I've tried every suggestion on the internet to get it to work but it's not working.

I don't see how flashing my video card can have anything to do with it, but that's the last time it was there.

I'm about to try reinstalling Windows 10 but was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I am assuming you reinstalled video card drivers already?

Teggy

I am assuming you reinstalled video card drivers already?

I don't know if I could have without a pointing device.

Eh, I got antsy because of the stupid election and reinstalled windows and that did it. I only use the machine for games and they are all on a secondary drive so it wasn't a big deal.

Really weird tho.

I have accepted fate SteamGAF. I will continue to chill in Northern VA for the foreseeable future. it is actually a really nice place.

Sorry about our propensity to make idiots the most powerful people on Earth.

Off to some video game escapism.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-5968E14857C4CAA5 - Taken by oipic. 3 entrants total.

t1478669981z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom