• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
playing Shadow Complex on Hardcore and some of the checkpoints are just annoying as fuck rather than difficult

feels understandably dated in some aspects I guess

Pretty sure if I replay the game again, I'll have the same feelings which is why I haven't yet. It's still a solid Metroidvania game though.

wbacon

Capcom USA
Enhanced Steam's Extra Life this year was a huge success, thank you everyone who donated and to everyone who watched the live-stream! I had more games to give away than I had time to while playing for 24 hours straight.

Chiming in late, but just wanted to congratulate on your run and everyone who donated for a great cause. Well done! :)

Deadbeat

Banned
image.php

Who hacked Stump?
You have a problem with King Snowy?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
playing Shadow Complex on Hardcore and some of the checkpoints are just annoying as fuck rather than difficult

feels understandably dated in some aspects I guess

hardcore is more meant for ng+ i think, it's a lot more doable when you have the golden guns

Salsa

hardcore is more meant for ng+ i think, it's a lot more doable when you have the golden guns

itd be cool if it had a better in-game indication of that

text was basically "you play a lot of games" as opposed to "you play games" on Normal or something like that

if I cant mid-change guess i'll keep at it and beat it eventually

Jawmuncher

itd be cool if it had a better in-game indication of that

text was basically "you play a lot of games" as opposed to "you play games" on Normal or something like that

if I cant mid-change guess i'll keep at it and beat it eventually

This is a probably with a lot of difficulty descriptors

I play a lot of games, I sure don't wanna pick hard though.

So guys this ps4 controller support is kind of spiffy but it's also really annoying because I can't get it to stop working when I want to. I'm trying to play the steep beta on uplay which has native ps4 controller support but steam is also still hijacking my controller and treating inputs as desktop mode inputs. As a result all of the button prompts keep flickering between desktop & ps4 prompts.

I tried disabling the thing, which btw they should let you do outside of big picture mode, but steam is still doing some form of emulation because it pops up xbox360 prompts in Steep when I do that. So far the only solution I have found is to exit steam for Uplay/Origin games but that's fucking insanity and surely there's a better solution?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well the game has Denuvo and Frontier lost me after their stupid-ass rope-a-dope attempt to scam Steam customers into double-purchasing Elite so I guess you can count me as someone who is "not positive" about it, but also ignore me because I'm clearly being a whiny baby.
it's amazing and the game I wanted for so many years. And it's not even out yet. Sucks that it has Denuvo though.

wait, why does it have Denuvo? I thought they are open for modding?

Apparently, Dishonored 2 looks better on PS4 Pro compared to maxed out PC settings.

The DF Face Off thread is gonna be interesting.

So guys this ps4 controller support is kind of spiffy but it's also really annoying because I can't get it to stop working when I want to. I'm trying to play the steep beta on uplay which has native ps4 controller support but steam is also still hijacking my controller and treating inputs as desktop mode inputs. As a result all of the button prompts keep flickering between desktop & ps4 prompts.

I tried disabling the thing, which btw they should let you do outside of big picture mode, but steam is still doing some form of emulation because it pops up xbox360 prompts in Steep when I do that. So far the only solution I have found is to exit steam for Uplay/Origin games but that's fucking insanity and surely there's a better solution?

Yeah, from what I've read, the Steam DS4 support is still kinda raw right now. It works, but not really.

I guess I'll have to postpone my plan for getting a DS4 controller for a little while longer.

Grief.exe

Yeah, from what I've read, the Steam DS4 support is still kinda raw right now. It works, but not really.

I guess I'll have to postpone my plan for getting a DS4 controller for a little while longer.

The DS4 has so much software on PC that the eventually stable Valve solution is nice, but largely irrelevant.

Please refresh my memory, how likely is a deeper discount in the winter sale compared to the black friday sale?

Last year they were essentially exactly the same.

madjoki

Denuvo doesn't prevent modding, if publishers want to allow it by providing tools and support. What it does prevent or at least hinder is modding other ways (binary edits / injections).

For reason, I guess they think by preventing piracy, they can sell more.

MUnited83

For you.

It is open for modding, it has steam workshop support. Denuvo per se doesn't necessarily completely prevent modding, it depends on the files that were encrypted with it (some developers just lock the whole thing up). There are some kinds of mods that cannot be done or severely limited though, like injectors and others.

Apparently, Dishonored 2 looks better on PS4 Pro compared to maxed out PC settings.

The DF Face Off thread is gonna be interesting.

?

How does it look better? Are the max settings not actually max settings or what?

Welp I just beat The Witcher 3. Clocked in at 76 hours.

When it comes to storytelling, voice acting, and sheer quality of the quests, it's one of the best games I've ever played. You can tell the CDPR devs really put their hearts into this game.

When it comes to gameplay - specifically controls and combat mechanics - it's sadly mediocre... especially since Dark Souls 3 was the game I played before this. FromSoft is just on another level when it comes to action RPG gameplay, and I fear very few games will satisfy me now that I've been introduced to the Souls series.

Edit - Oh, and as for my endings, I got:
Ciri becomes a Witcher
Geralt and Yennefer live happily ever after
Nilfgaard wins the war and Emhyr var Emreis brutally crushes the traitors at home
Skellige prospers under Cerys an Craite's rule

I'm happy with all of those. Yay!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Work has started its winter super slowness and my phone isnt doing it for me anymore, thinking about buying a laptop, and then play a bunch of point and click adventures and whatnot I guess because in my mind laptops will only run small indie or old games >_>

Actually even with a good laptop I would probably only play smaller games at work anyway, stuff I wouldnt play home anyway and that is easily pausable.

Or ill just play more wow, im sure that still runs on a toaster.

Monooboe

So I'm playing Xanadu Next and the game told me to bring monster bones to the store to keep the price of keys down, do I just sell the bones to the store or what?

Nabs

So I'm playing Xanadu Next and the game told me to bring monster bones to the store to keep the price of keys down, do I just sell the bones to the store or what?

Yeah, once the price starts getting too high you can just sell a bone or two to drop it back down to 20 a piece. The key making knife is cool, but I don't use it at all.

Welp I just beat The Witcher 3. Clocked in at 76 hours.

When it comes to storytelling, voice acting, and sheer quality of the quests, it's one of the best games I've ever played. You can tell the CDPR devs really put their hearts into this game.

When it comes to gameplay - specifically controls and combat mechanics - it's sadly mediocre... especially since Dark Souls 3 was the game I played before this. FromSoft is just on another level when it comes to action RPG gameplay, and I fear very few games will satisfy me now that I've been introduced to the Souls series.

The more these comparisons crop up, the more I think classifying Soulsian games as "RPGs" is a mistake. They've seriously got more in common with ARPGs (Diablo) than they do proper RPGs (Witcher); the former are all about exploration, builds, progression, and loot, with the barest focus on storytelling or roleplaying. That split is basically the yin and yang of the broadly-defined genre called "RPG."

They really need a better name... I can't think of anything off-hand so I'll suggest UVBA. (Unending Virtual Battle Areas) If it somehow sticks I'm sorry.

Monooboe

Yeah, once the price starts getting too high you can just sell a bone or two to drop it back down to 20 a piece. The key making knife is cool, but I don't use it at all.

Ah alright. Yeah Key making knife does sound good.:D I'm obsessed with cutting down every flower and bush right now, since they sometimes give keys.

Tizoc

When in dire need of keys I just craft them
TBH tho since gold is easily obtained in this game black onyx+selling bones isn't that bad an option
Esp. When u run out of bones :p

Well the game has Denuvo and Frontier lost me after their stupid-ass rope-a-dope attempt to scam Steam customers into double-purchasing Elite so I guess you can count me as someone who is "not positive" about it, but also ignore me because I'm clearly being a whiny baby.

Planet Coaster also? All these games having Denuvo are saving my a lot of money and time, by them being put much lower on the priority list while I wait for a big sale on them.

Deques

Spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Jurassic Survival -- MB-C5F940D94ACE5C60 - Taken by MaxiLive
Apartment 666 -- MB-928FCC39DD48850E - Taken by voodooray
Zombie Camp -- MB-54DDBFD15DA85FEC - Taken by neonglow
Dead But Alive! Southern England -- MB-3177628C04E829D7 - Taken by fuzzy123
NEO-NOW! -- MB-D395E5B1FCD2D949 - Taken by Eila
Sparkle 2 -- MB-B30E23EF2E08F227 - Taken by Hakkelus

Tizoc

Stump's avatar is cool, and I only now realize he is a dog person.
Also Tintin is awesome I should read the entirety of the series someday.

Just saw this recently
VeGTA Impressive animation IMO

Looks like some sad angry manchild went through every one of my reviews and down voted them! Even the one I did 5 years ago solely for the steam community badge that no one even saw!

oipic

Looks like some sad angry manchild went through every one of my reviews and down voted them! Even the one I did 5 years ago solely for the steam community badge that no one even saw!

What would compel someone to do this? To deliberately take several moments from their day to go through this exercise? Weird. Steam review hate crimes and intolerance now?

Still, not the time to be questioning the antics of humans, I suppose. Anything goes this week.

The more these comparisons crop up, the more I think classifying Soulsian games as "RPGs" is a mistake. They've seriously got more in common with ARPGs (Diablo) than they do proper RPGs (Witcher); the former are all about exploration, builds, progression, and loot, with the barest focus on storytelling or roleplaying. That split is basically the yin and yang of the broadly-defined genre called "RPG."

They really need a better name... I can't think of anything off-hand so I'll suggest UVBA. (Unending Virtual Battle Areas) If it somehow sticks I'm sorry.

The label doesn't really matter to me, but sure I'll grant that TW3's devs sacrificed combat mechanics for more focus on storytelling and worldbuilding. I don't think that's a very good excuse, but I'll grant it. But I can't excuse the controls - TW3's controls felt incredibly sluggish (especially compared to DS3). Even after 76 hours, it still feels awkward to move around, especially in combat. It's probably my biggest complaint with the game.

Gameplay is what keeps me coming back to a video game, and honestly I have little desire to continue with TW3 or buy the DLC. DS3, on the other hand, kept me coming back for 347 hours (so far). Perhaps it isn't fair to compare them, but DS3 is the last game I played before starting TW3, so I can't help it.

The label doesn't really matter to me, but sure I'll grant that TW3's devs sacrificed combat mechanics for more focus on storytelling and worldbuilding. I don't think that's a very good excuse, but I'll grant it. But I can't excuse the controls - TW3's controls felt incredibly sluggish (especially compared to DS3). Even after 76 hours, it still feels awkward to move around, especially in combat. It's probably my biggest complaint with the game.

Gameplay is what keeps me coming back to a video game, and honestly I have little desire to continue with TW3 or buy the DLC. DS3, on the other hand, kept me coming back for 347 hours (so far). Perhaps it isn't fair to compare them, but DS3 is the last game I played before starting TW3, so I can't help it.

By controls, do you mean how Geralt responses to your input? Like there's a slight delay between your input and his action, especially when moving around. If so, maybe you can try the alternate movement option. It completely gets rid of the delay.

I personally don't have a problem even with the default movement. I've tried the new movement but I don't really like it. Maybe I was just already get used to it.

MaxiLive

What would compel someone to do this? To deliberately take several moments from their day to go through this exercise? Weird. Steam review hate crimes and intolerance now?

Still, not the time to be questioning the antics of humans, I suppose. Anything goes this week.

I was about to post the same thing. I can't fathom how someone is willing to waste their time doing an action like that. Okay down voting a few most recent ones in spite but actively going through tons of reviews is just *KAPOWBOOMSWISHSOO* yup my mind can't make sense of it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

thats what you get bob!

Sendou

We released This War of Mine two years ago, and the response immediately turned our world as a studio upside down.

a4ce395862b7ed799e83585f5b2b0a5b7ad4c62c.png

That success has given our company amazing opportunities to grow and explore new projects, such as Frostpunk, and that’s only possible because of the people who believed in This War of Mine in the first place.

That’s why we are releasing the Anniversary Edition; a complete retail package with new characters, new locations to explore, and most importantly, a whole new ending. This content will also be made available completely free to owners of the base game.

New features:
3 brand new locations
new civilians
a whole new ending scenario
new achievement to get
---

But there is more! Thanks to your awesome feedback we were able to find, replicate and fix some common issues!

Major fixes:
War Child DLC achievements Note: Helping children and Note: Street Art should work now
Day 42 was repeating in some playthroughs - this should no longer happen
Minor fixes:
fixed some minor font issues
fixed Polish font diacritical marks
few smaller graphical glitches - fixed!

Cool stuff!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Hitman is really great you guys. I am going to buy the complete season now for sure.

Would you recommend it to someone who's never played the series before? I hear nothing but good things about it but I'm not sure if that's just because people who love the series really love this game, or if it's good for everyone.

Knurek

If anyone's interested both Last Blade and Shock Trooper finally have Steam keys available for buyers of NeoGeo Humble Bundle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom