• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Meanwhile, I am on the "Dishonored 2 crashes before the main menu appears" train.

That blows. Tyranny was my priority but Dishonored 2 is also the next highest on my list, but now the issues now means I'll delay as long as possible till they sort it out. Can you grab a refund for the time being or did you buy somewhere else?

Oh yeah, the music in Tyranny is very fitting. Makes me glad I sprung for the Archon edition.

Yeah it's absolutely brilliant. Very happy to have the Archon edition. Nothing but love for the game thus far.

Ya, wish I picked up the Overload edition, but cheaped out. Fuck :(

And no way to upgrade to the Archon or Overload edition suuuucks.

Well Pillars got the ability to do that as dlc later on, so I'd imagine they will add it eventually, so I wouldn't worry too much

in REmake when you finally get both octogonal thingies to open the gate in the starting room that does down, how far is that from the end more or less?

timewise maybe
1-2 hours
locationwise
one small location

and it has some of the best parts :D

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
timewise maybe
1-2 hours
locationwise
one small location

and it has some of the best parts :D

oh so im about to finish it then? good

can I start using the magnum then? >_>

MadGear

in REmake when you finally get both octogonal thingies to open the gate in the starting room that does down, how far is that from the end more or less?

Not knowing your play style its hard to say but I guess it took me more than an hour on my first playthrough (about 30 mins or less on my second). But I was also very careful (burning zombies etc.), looked at everything and picked up almost all of the items.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I assume its the
lab down there with Tyrant and shit
. Do we not
kill Lisa
then?

MadGear

I assume its the
lab down there with Tyrant and shit
. Do we not
kill Lisa
then?

Close to the end and asking for spoilers? :D
No you don't get to kill poor Lisa after the encounter in her mothers crypt. Reading the documents on her she seems to be insanely though anyway, possibly stronger than the Tyrant.

The Dishonored 2 performance grumbles made me remove it from my wishlist. I can't help but feel that performance bugbears just aren't worth struggling with these days, when so much better stuff is on the market.

zkylon

zkylewd
nice, thanks

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (zkylon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

header.jpg

disho1 -- MB-65C3EDD5849C42F6 - Taken by dot

(it's the super definitive edition)

rtcn63

The Dishonored pubs were in a prime position to take advantage of the "disenfranchised citizen who may or may not be afraid of going outside for good reason so they need a distraction" market. If it wasn't such a questionable port I'd at least consider dropping th 35 bones.

The Dishonored pubs were in a prime position to take advantage of the "disenfranchised citizen who may or may not be afraid of going outside for good reason so they need a distraction" market. If it wasn't such a questionable port I'd at least consider dropping th 35 bones.

That market is cornered by Tyranny.

rtcn63

Does dsfix work on the latest version of Dark Souls? I can't just play Bloodborne again and my PS3 is in a box somewhere cause the controller broke from PC abuse.

Wok

That blows. Tyranny was my priority but Dishonored 2 is also the next highest on my list, but now the issues now means I'll delay as long as possible till they sort it out. Can you grab a refund for the time being or did you buy somewhere else?

I will give Bethesda a few days to try to fix it first.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Hektor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
RESIDENT EVIL 7 biohazard / BIOHAZARD 7 resident evil -- MB-042E8F841A7A3AEF - Taken by yuraya. 118 entrants total.

t1478869566z1.png

Xanadu Next has some fun bosses. Couldn't imagine myself playing through them with keyboard and mouse, though. Would make my hands hurt.

hesho

hmmm

i don't know why but i want to buy trillion god of destruction for some reason. I think it is more because i believe this is the game where most of NIS left to join IF and made this game.

Corpekata

Banned
Refresh my memory- what's their track history when it comes to PC ports? I might buy it and just wait until it gets fixed in a week or two.

The one truly shitty Bethesda PC version I'd argue is RAGE, though a lot of the idtech stuff is clearly designed with consoles in mind. Wolfenstein (and RAGE) for instance has texture load in problems for mouse users because the engine was not built to keep up with how fast a mouse pans, but with a controller.

They're not exactly a developer known for technical polish, but PC is arguably a bigger chunk of their audience than a lot of other AAA devs, so I doubt they'd just abandon the game or something.

Humble!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter -- MB-92137BBDA405F91A - Taken by Natty1. 13 entrants total.

t1478838341z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Wait, did you remove something from your account and then RE-ADD it??? This is insane.

I removed Dirt 3 Complete from my account to get rid of the garbage Dirt 3 GFWL copy that was tied to it that I owned originally. Then I added a free Dirt 3 Complete key and my account is now Dirt 3 GFWL free.

I did the same for Red Faction Guerilla lol.

Rhaknar

Might move on to RE0 straight after REmake to keep the train going (see what I did there? Because 0 is on a train? Hello is this thing on?), how is that one compared to REmake when it comes to antiquated systems like 8 inventory slots and whatnot?

I know it
still
sounds like im bashing the game(s) but im really not.

rtcn63

Might move on to RE0 straight after REmake to keep the train going (see what I did there? Because 0 is on a train? Hello is this thing on?), how is that one compared to REmake when it comes to antiquated systems like 8 inventory slots and whatnot?

I know it
still

RE0 doesn't have a storage box system, you drop items wherever in a room.

And as great as that sounds, it's worse in practice. Since you'll likely use one room in an area to "hold" items, but be forced to slog back and pick them up when you need something instead of being able to make use of storage boxes that are spread throughout. And when you move on to a new level...

Also the character switching.

Afro

I know it
still

People hate on Zero, and most of the complaints are valid honestly (forced co-op, lame boss fights, etc), but the atmosphere is still top notch Resident Evil and both the train and mansion are a blast to explore. Not to mention the pre-rendered backdrops are higher res than REmake's and are as beautiful as ever. Have fun.

Rhaknar

RE0 doesn't have a storage box system, you drop items wherever in a room.

And as great as that sounds, it's worse in practice. Since you'll likely use one room in an area to "hold" items, but be forced to slog back and pick them up when you need something instead of being able to make use of storage boxes that are spread throughout. And when you move on to a new level...

So they doubled down on the bad, gotcha >_>

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
everyone's positive about Planet Coaster in their thread, but what about this thread?

Well the game has Denuvo and Frontier lost me after their stupid-ass rope-a-dope attempt to scam Steam customers into double-purchasing Elite so I guess you can count me as someone who is "not positive" about it, but also ignore me because I'm clearly being a whiny baby.

KingKong

It's too bad about all the tech problems (it runs fine for me at 1080p on a gtx970 using the recommended high-medium settings) because Dishonored 2 is really, really good. They refined almost every aspect of the original

Salsa

playing Shadow Complex on Hardcore and some of the checkpoints are just annoying as fuck rather than difficult

feels understandably dated in some aspects I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom