• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

Ucchedavāda;223978953 said:
That's unfortunate. YNAB is a really good piece of software, and it's replacement is inferior in a number of ways (not just the pricing model).

Yeah, I'm using the latest (free since I'm a student) and in comparison to 4, it's upsetting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Did Blood Stone suffer the same fate? Kinda want to play it.

Yeah, all of the Bond games disappeared in January 2013 as Acti dumped the licence, less than a few months after the release of Legends. Legends is the only Steam-redeemable one, however.

Parsnip

It's even a Steamworks title, though Acti stopped manufacturing copies yonks ago now and so it can be quite hard to track down (e.g. there's only one copy left on Amazon UK). Also of note is that the Skyfall DLC is included.

Is there a list of removed games that have physical copies that are redeemable? Got me curious, I should keep my eyes open for those.

Will the 10% discount from the Humble Monthly stack on top of the discount from any of the build your own bundles on the humble store (I'd assume no but just wanted to check)?

Wok

Will the 10% discount from the Humble Monthly stack on top of the discount from any of the build your own bundles on the humble store (I'd assume no but just wanted to check)?

Yes.

6dBcpHE.png

gngf123

I was just about to mention this. It came up in my queue and looked really good.

It's such a good game, holy shit. The art and sound is great, and the gameplay might be built to work on mobile but I really don't care. It's simple, fun, and it feels like there's a lot of room to really master the controls.

I'm looking at the humble monthly and I'm a nit confused.

I buy it now (1 month), get the extra games on December 2nd but it renews Dec 29th. Isn't that after the December monthly will be released? I would have thought the renew period would kick in just before the next monthly starts...

It does, I have four SE games in my cart and both discounts show up at checkout.

Thank you.

madjoki

I guess it's price glitch actually, supposed to be -60%. They forgot to disable loyalty discount.

Does the Sleeping Dogs definitive edition still has this bullshit region lock that you can't even play it in Germany without a VPN?

It does have. Regions locks will expire after 90 days from activation, so if you were to travel outside Germany and activate there, you'd be able to play after 90 days.

Tizoc

I'm looking at the humble monthly and I'm a nit confused.

I buy it now (1 month), get the extra games on December 2nd but it renews Dec 29th. Isn't that after the December monthly will be released? I would have thought the renew period would kick in just before the next monthly starts...

It'll charge you $12 for the next bundle, if you don't want to be charged just unsubscribe a week or so before the next bundle is revealed.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of DunderHassan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (DunderHassan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

007 Legends -- MB-2C3399880B18DB10 - Taken by MaxiLive. 45 entrants total.

t1478815053z1.png

It'll charge you $12 for the next bundle, if you don't want to be charged just unsubscribe a week or so before the next bundle is revealed.

It's just the timing of the renewal that confuses me. It says it happens after the next monthly comes out not before, which doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me.
Guess the fact I can cancel whenever makes it a tiny issue.

Tizoc

Just clearing up my spares
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lumino City -- MB-F56BA3BB709117D8 - Taken by Saty
Shadow Complex Epic Launcher Key -- MB-F415754CB7765B22 - Taken by ExoSoul

Quick impressions of Tyranny: I spent 1.5 hours in character creation and 1.5 hours in-game and I'm walking away impressed mostly because of a character that spins his staff. No joke.

Embrace the hype.
Influx of Dirt 3 giveaways as people scramble for rare candy they will never eat incoming.

We all secretly just want to evolve.

Oh deary, lots of birthdays this month, seems like I'm not the only one celebrating with the reaper.
Here's the giveaway I promised, forgot to do it yesterday since I got busy as usual.
Nothing special, but good luck guys!
Happy belated birthday Dunder o/ The second of November it was right? Hope you had a good one.
Thanks for the rare game as well.
Woah, that is dope.
Anyone have any Squad impressions? Just saw that it has a free 3 days and am about to hop in. Tips/pointers would be great.
Ohh, thanks for posting. I didn't even notice. Gonna give it a try this weekend.

Nzyme32

Really loving Tyranny at the moment. Amazing soundtrack, wonderful writing and decisions to make. The world and thought behind the lore, factions and branching narrative paths is really incredible. Conquest as an opening section is a really great way to get you invested and learning about the lore and factions and sheer craziness of what is happening.

It's early days but this is much more than I was expecting.

Drakhyrr

Wanting the most complete version of games like Pillars, Tiranny and Wasteland 2 is the reason why I won't buy any of them for a good while until their prices drop enough.

I wonder if they are shooting themselves in the foot with so much extra content available. But probably not.

Now that Watch_Dogs 2 is coming out soon... any deals on the first one? I guess I could always wait for the next Humble Ubisoft Bundle, but it'll probably be in the $15 tier or something ridiculous.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
in REmake when you finally get both octogonal thingies to open the gate in the starting room that does down, how far is that from the end more or less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom