• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Made a profit on those Trump Cards

3AQmK.gif

Purkake4

Banned
The one which gives smileys such as a golden face of Trump or a frog.

7 euros for normal edition, 13 euros for golden edition.

I don't want to get banned some I am not posting the frog ones. Or obfuscated:

XkWUeZg.png
Finally a place to cash in rare Pepes? What a year!

Eila

Aw shucks, limiting the amount of booster packs you can create to 1 per day is new, right? I remember making a couple during the undertale hype days.

Uzzy

Rainbow Six Siege broke 1 million mark.

https://steamdb.info/app/359550/graphs/

It is currently top seller on Steam (it is 50% off) and 24h peak was 44K (Free Weekend is in progress). Those are Steam only data (we don't have UPlay data unfortunately). All in all Siege continues to perform really good.

I'm not surprised. I played some of it over this weekend and certainly enjoyed my time. It's a lot more tactical than I was expecting, even if it's not the Rainbow Six games of yesteryear that I loved. I'm not sure I'm going to pick it up though, just don't have the time to sink into another multiplayer shooter, and the singleplayer content is rather minimal.

Durante

Ucchedavāda;224343042 said:
Anyone here who plays Zacktronic games (SpaceChem, Infinifactory, TIS-100, Shenzhen I/O) that would be fine with me sending them a friend-request on Steam? I love these games, but it's a lot more fun when you have actual people to compete against on the performance charts. And sadly, not a lot of my friends play these games.
You can send me one (not at my Steam system right now). I played SpaceChem more casually, and TIS-100 very competitively.

FLD

Ucchedavāda;224343042 said:
Anyone here who plays Zacktronic games (SpaceChem, Infinifactory, TIS-100, Shenzhen I/O) that would be fine with me sending them a friend-request on Steam? I love these games, but it's a lot more fun when you have actual people to compete against on the performance charts. And sadly, not a lot of my friends play these games.

Feel free to add me. I've yet to finish any of Zachtronics' games but I've put a decent amount of time into most of them.

Only add Durante if you want to feel depressed about your own scores, though. I speak from experience!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Particula -- MB-1467E6DE7E9D6F77 - Taken by Purkake4
Dead Bits -- MB-69C71917412F8E33 - Taken by CheDominik

Jawmuncher

So what is the gameplay loop for Xanadu. Was only able to play a little bit. Seems like you explore dungeons and go buy keys? At least for this first part. Like I said I didn't play a lot.

Corpekata

Banned
So what is the gameplay loop for Xanadu. Was only able to play a little bit. Seems like you explore dungeons and go buy keys? At least for this first part. Like I said I didn't play a lot.

At the start, maybe, but after like the first area you'll learn to just by a shitload first. I carry 15 on me at all times before I head out. It's usually overkill. Eventually you'll also have the opportunity to snag an item that lets you craft them directly from your inventory if you have bones.

The loop is actually similar to Souls games. Explore until you find a shortcut, head to the hub, upgrade via gold and level up if you did, save then head back out, usually to a boss, sometimes to a second shortcut.

I bought the jedi knight bundle on bundlestars

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/star-wars-jedi-knight-bundle

jedi academy is pretty good, I'm liking it so far, also the game looks pretty nice but I'm easy to please :p
Aw yiss. Jedi Knight is great. Jedi Outcast in particular is awesome. Prefer it over Academy since the traditional single-player campaign in II worked better for me.
Congratulations to Ramoisdead, Darkshodan and Jawmuncher.
That's dope of you. I totally forgot to enter from all my own gaming lately, lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dream Factory -- MB-80A4DD5A5BF4A528 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Jawmuncher

At the start, maybe, but after like the first area you'll learn to just by a shitload first. I carry 15 on me at all times before I head out. It's usually overkill. Eventually you'll also have the opportunity to snag an item that lets you craft them directly from your inventory if you have bones.

The loop is actually similar to Souls games. Explore until you find a shortcut, head to the hub, upgrade via gold and level up if you did, save then head back out, usually to a boss, sometimes to a second shortcut.

Fuck shit up.

Level up.

Equip cool new weapons.

Learn cool new skills.

Listen to JDK awesomeness.

Solve clever puzzles.

Find clever shortcuts.

Ok cool, thanks for the clarification.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
finished Fran Bow, easily one of the best point and click adventures Ive played in ages. Imagine a David Cronenberg version of Alice in Wonderland, it goes from creepy and disturbing to magical and fantastical to utterly bizarre. Great story depending on how you view the events, good puzzles that arent too cryptic, good lenght, amazing visual design. Fantastic all around, highly recomended.

Rainbow Six Siege broke 1 million mark.

https://steamdb.info/app/359550/graphs/

It is currently top seller on Steam (it is 50% off) and 24h peak was 44K (Free Weekend is in progress). Those are Steam only data (we don't have UPlay data unfortunately). All in all Siege continues to perform really good.

while Rainbow Six Siege isn't my cup of tea I'm glad to see the pubs and devs supporting their communities getting rewarded for it

Anustart

Whats up with Roguelands? Couple friends play it and talked me into buying it. Then saw none of my friends on steam play it, mainly you guys.

Played like 30 minutes and seriously contemplating refunding this thing. Am I missing something? Why they love it so much :(

zkylon

zkylewd
finished Fran Bow, easily one of the best point and click adventures Ive played in ages. Imagine a David Cronenberg version of Alice in Wonderland, it goes from creepy and disturbing to magical and fantastical to utterly bizarre. Great story depending on how you view the events, good puzzles that arent too cryptic, good lenght, amazing visual design. Fantastic all around, highly recomended.

cool

that game looked intriguing

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kathy Rain is straight out of the Scumm Engine textbook, damn. Thats a good thing of course. Good viice acting too from the little I've played.

Yes, I'm on a point and click mood. They are also easy to play at work :3

dex3108

Dam 200K bump to those R6 Siege number I posted last night with new Steam Spy update. We will see how many of those will stay after free weekend :D

Tizoc

Kathy Rain is straight out of the Scumm Engine textbook, damn. Thats a good thing of course. Good viice acting too from the little I've played.

Yes, I'm on a point and click mood. They are also easy to play at work :3
Yeah kathy rain is good
Its puzzles arent tough either and are more on the easy side

Rhaknar

Yeah kathy rain is good
Its puzzles arent tough either and are more on the easy side

Good. Nothing kills a point and click momentum more than being stuck on a puzzle too long, I always just end up looking the solution, too much shit to play.

Tizoc

Good. Nothing kills a point and click momentum more than being stuck on a puzzle too long, I always just end up looking the solution, too much shit to play.

We all have too much shit to play; me more than you think :p
Don't concern yourself with the volume of games you have and should get around to playing.
Just enjoy the game you are playing right now.

Rhaknar

We all have too much shit to play; me more than you think :p
Don't concern yourself with the volume of games you have and should get around to playing.
Just enjoy the game you are playing right now.

You completely missed the point of what I was saying >_>

Monooboe

Gotta say, Tyranny's pacing is pretty ace.

Basically everything i've done in my 20 hours so far is related to and impacts the mainstory and the way it's characters and factions react to me.

That sounds great! Does it feel linear? Are there other things to do? I mean I often want to take a break from the main thing and just wander around and do sidequests in CRPGs.

Popstar

I remember Knurek recommending Jelly No Puzzle. Well, it turns out it is a classic. If you don't have the bucks for The Witness or Stephen's Sausage Roll, you can get this one for free.
Thanks for mentioning this. Really good so far. Did the first five levels without too much trouble. Will continue tomorrow.

Yeesh. Cubed3 is keeping me busy.

Stack of reviews
Space Mouse: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3278/1/space-mouse-35th-anniversary-edition-pc.html (Highly Recommended)
Gynophobia: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3276/1/gynophobia-pc.html (Nope)
Mad Father: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3275/1/mad-father-pc.html (Definitely check it out)
Valley: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3255/1/valley-xbox-one.html (Meh)
Kyurinaga's Revenge: http://www.cubed3.com/review/3249/1/kyurinagas-revenge-xbox-one.html (Yikes!)

I also wrote up a preview for the 2017 Zelda-like called Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King. It's from the team behind Rocket Rex - http://www.cubed3.com/preview/632/1/blossom-tales-the-sleeping-king-pc.html I'm really impressed by what I've played so far.

My mouse is dying, LMB is not registering sometimes.

Any recommendations for cheap (under 30$) good gaming mouses?

I bought this mouse recently: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HTK1NCS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

No complaints whatsoever.

Durante

I remember Knurek recommending Jelly No Puzzle. Well, it turns out it is a classic. If you don't have the bucks for The Witness or Stephen's Sausage Roll, you can get this one for free.
Yeah, Jelly no Puzzle is amazing.
A few of those later puzzles almost drove me insane though.

shockdude

Reading the reviews for Dangerous Golf and noticing a common complaint about an unskippable tutorial video.
It made me realize that unskippable intro/tutorial videos are like a defining characteristic of games made by Criterion Games and their offshoots. Burnout 3, Burnout Paradise, various NFS games, all have unskippable videos.
Burnout 3 was first published in 2004. 12 years of developing video games with unskippable videos, whoo.

Rhaknar

"hey have you heard of this Tales game?"

"oh the jrpgs? which one? Tales of Symphonia? Vesperia?"

"no no, Tales"

"oh Tales from the Borderlands? yeah that was great"

"no goddamn it, Tales"

"Tales of Monkey Island?"

"MOTHERFUCKER JUST TALES!"

Spent a bit of the morning reading the comment section for the Carmageddon kickstarter, and I'm suprised that there isn't more fuzz about that on forums and on the gaming sites.

*No physical rewards shipped.
*No DRM free versions shipped.
*Nothing done about the Mac version.
*Nothing done about the Linux version.
*But a console version, that wasn't planned during the kickstarter, developed and shipped.
*Radio silence from the devs about these issues.

That's at least the impression I got. Maybe there's more to it then what I saw, but it sure seems like a complete mess.

Looks great, but it's 40$ here .____.

I think I paid about $60 Australian which is about US$45! That Australia Tax.

I was looking into that mouse. Are the additional buttons in the way of yo ucasually hol the mouse and/or do noit need them? They look like they cover up the area where my index finger rests.

I have pretty large hands but normal width fingers. You fingers tend to brush against/slighty touch the outside buttons but you never accidentally activate them as the switches are strong enough and chamfered towards the centre. It sort of creates to grooves for your fingers and makes it easy to place your hand in the same place every time. I use the outside buttons frequently but rarely the two behind the scroll wheel as they can be a little awkward to reach with just finger movement.

You can send me one (not at my Steam system right now). I played SpaceChem more casually, and TIS-100 very competitively.

Feel free to add me. I've yet to finish any of Zachtronics' games but I've put a decent amount of time into most of them.

Only add Durante if you want to feel depressed about your own scores, though. I speak from experience!

Thanks, both of you.

And yeah, I took a look at Durante's scores, and feel like I have quite some catching up to do ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom