• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

I was going to gamepump the shit out of my steam library, but they don't take paypal.

I don't want to give them my CC info.

Wok

The main reason I was convinced to give my money to Game Pump is that LinkedIn link given by Nabs about an Humble Monthly initiator who has been working for them. Otherwise, I would have been super wary about their business.

Wait. It was in a monthly bundle that I paid for a demo, right? I guess I never learn. :D

NeoRaider

For those who missed it on HB:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
DiRT 3 Complete Edition -- MB-3535E9901BCDAD1E - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.

t1479310148z1.png

Tizoc

I have found this piece of info about Game Pump:

Hopefully it's not that Boogerman game ;) Or the GBC release of Shantae :V
Honestly at this point if it is Genesis/SNES games, I'd be curious to see what they can release/publish.

The main reason I was convinced to give my money to Game Pump is that LinkedIn link given by Nabs about an Humble Monthly initiator who has been working for them. Otherwise, I would have been super wary about their business.

Wait. It was in a monthly bundle that I paid for a demo, right? I guess I never learn. :D

A demo and at least 5 other titles that you got for around $12.
So that'd be 12÷5= $2.40 per game.
Assuming instead that 2 of the games in the bundle only interested you, you'd have gotten each game for $6.

Wok

Wayforward has a largue catalogue of titles, but maybe they port a game from another studio.

Maybe Contra 4 or Justice League Heroes: The Flash.

A demo and at least 5 other titles that you got for around $12.
So that'd be 12÷5= $2.40 per game.
Assuming instead that 2 of the games in the bundle only interested you, you'd have gotten each game for $6.

Yeah, I know. I am not salty about that. It is just as in these TellTale games.

Wok won't forget about that.

BadRamen

Ooo, I'd be down with some Contra 4 and Aliens Infestation ports with the graffix on their respective level three levels tightened up!

Wok

I am with you, guys, I have already subscribed, but... I have discovered there is also a random draw going on.

The sweepstake is open to all legal US Residents with a US Mailing Address required for shipping of the physical prize and a valid email is required for delivery of the digital prizes.

This giveaway begins on November 11th, 2016 and will continue until November 25th, 2016.

The estimated odds of winning are projected to be as high as 1 in 10,000 based on the number of sign-ups between November 11th, 2016 and November 25th, 2016.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I also jumped on Gamepump

Hope it doesn't suck!

Ahh. This portion of the site threw me:

HOW GAMEPUMP WORKS

We partner with video game veterans of today and yesteryear to reclaim lost gaming artifacts.

Which is a really fancy way of saying, we revive classic game libraries from the proverbial basements of some of the top video game publishers in the world and help bring them to modern hardware.

IN RETURN, WE'RE GRANTED A ONE-TIME MASSIVE DISCOUNT FOR OUR ACTIVE SUBSCRIBERS.

I do look forward to the clever portmanteu that people come up with.

GameSlump

GameJumpedTheShark

GameRump

GameDump

Don't burn through them all right now, you GameChump.

EDIT: I'm not trying to keep beating a dead horse or trump the pump here, but this interview seems to suggest the subscription may actually only be for receiving a huge discount on a game, not the game itself:

We don't want to "force" users to subscribe in order to receive these games, they belong on Steam. We do want to encourage subscription by offering a massive discount, because subscriptions help us fund the acquisition of these licenses and cover the future development costs associated with bringing them back.

Tizoc

Serious talk though, I'd love it if they manage to get some Data East titles. IIRC, didn't Devolver Digital or Night Dive tweet that they'd like to get Karnov re-released on PC platform?

Wok

EDIT: I'm not trying to keep beating a dead horse or trump the pump here, but this interview seems to suggest the subscription may actually only be for receiving a huge discount on a game, not the game itself:

What I understand is Game Pump is not like Humble Original, which produces the development of a monthly game which is exclusively released for Humble Monthly subscribers (hello zky, you really miss that Fidel game, am I right?). In contrast, Game Pump produces a monthly game which is released on Steam, but happens to also be available at a massively discounted price, that is for the price of a subscription to Game Pump.

Nzyme32

For the VR folks - http://store.steampowered.com/app/348250

Also, it's my Steam Birthday (thanks to the animated balloons of enhanced steam for notifying me). 12 Years of many hours wasted - - WASTED I TELL YOU - - Also 12 Years since HL2 released in 2004

Also - y'all gonna get you bums pumped by gamepump - you heard it here first :p

Eila

Will you be able to subscribe to GamePump until January? I'm outta bundle cash for the month, having subscribed to humble monthly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom