• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

I finished RotTR story and that game has one really bad story. Hell those documents you can find in game have better story. They really need to change writer and concentrate on mythology and exploration. They create really amazing environments and then put tons of enemies you need to kill before you can enjoy exploring them.

RotTR is solid game but it is trying so hard to be just another TPS instead of doing something new.

Jawmuncher

I finished RotTR story and that game has one really bad story. Hell those documents you can find in game have better story. They really need to change writer and concentrate on mythology and exploration. They create really amazing environments and then put tons of enemies you need to kill before you can enjoy exploring them.

RotTR is solid game but it is trying so hard to be just another TPS instead of doing something new.

Even for being bad story wise it's a hell of an improvement over the first.
Also I disagree about the exploring. I think there was a good balance there. Really don't want to see TR become Uncharted 4 where most of it is just walking, talking, and climbing.

Nzyme32

WTH? Is it HTC Vive only?

I hope they release it on PS4 / PS4 PRO.

I'm not sure what you are expecting. Rift / Touch works with SteamVR as does Hydra controllers should you want to take either of those routes interchangably. PSVR is forward facing and lacks the same possibilities you can get with the hardware, so naturally if there is a focus on those features, this is what you can expect. DayDream will likely have it's own version. Google already posted about this anyway - http://steamcommunity.com/games/google-earth-vr/announcements/

Bringing the whole wide world to virtual reality
16 NOVEMBER - DOMINIK.KAESER
The world has so many beautiful and amazing places to visit. If we're lucky, we're able to travel and see a few of them. But even the most active travelers can only see a fraction. What if we could see them all?

Ten years ago, Google Earth began as an effort to help people everywhere explore our planet. And now, with more than two billion downloads, many have. Today, we are introducing Google Earth VR as our next step to help the world see the world. With Earth VR, you can fly over a city, stand at the top of the highest peaks, and even soar into space.

Now, at 196.9 million square miles, we know the world is pretty big, so we’ve made it easy to find great places to visit. Earth VR comes with cinematic tours and hand-picked destinations that send you to the Amazon River, the Manhattan skyline, the Grand Canyon, the Swiss Alps, and more.

You can download Google Earth VR today on the Steam Store for free. Like Tilt Brush, Earth VR is launching first on the HTC Vive. Stay tuned for more updates on Google Earth across other platforms next year.

Jawmuncher

That's not a point in ROTR's favour.

I updated my post to clarify a bit more. I didn't like TR1, but I really enjoyed my time with ROTTR. Story was on par with like Uncharted 1. Nothing amazing but it does its job to push you to the end.
Gameplay wise it had to me a good balance of action and exploring. If you wanted to explore it was there. If not, you could easily just continue on the story and kill what needed to be killed.

I would dare to say that story in first one was better XD In RotTR in the end she achieved nothing basically XD In first one she left the island at least.

But too many of the story point in TR1 were just really bad imo. Mainly since it has to deal with other survivors from her crew that just weren't handled very well. You also had the issue of "this isn't first time killing, and now I'm a super assassin". With ROTTR she has the experience and age so her doing what she does isn't odd.

I need to make some kind of games spreadsheet. That's the second time this month I bought a game on the PSN store without realizing that I already have it on Steam...

I need to make some kind of games spreadsheet. That's the second time this month I bought a game on the PSN store without realizing that I already have it on Steam...

Hah. I track all of my games in Excel. It's too hard to keep track otherwise with all the different storefronts I buy from.

vermadas

I'm not sure what you are expecting. Rift / Touch works with SteamVR as does Hydra controllers should you want to take either of those routes interchangably.

I guess you need the Touch controllers. All Vive games will be available for Oculus if you have the Touch controllers.

They are doing an explicit headset check and only allowing the Vive, even for Rift owners who have Touch already
iOlsf7z.png

Hektor

They are doing an explicit headset check and only allowing the Vive, even for Rift owners who have Touch already

VR Hardware exclusives are even worse than console exclusives in my opinion, why not just make games nvidia or amd exclusive while we're at it.*

* Insert joke about amd's often shitty performance here

Nzyme32

Okay that's amusing. I think that might be a first from a SteamVR developer

VR Hardware exclusives are even worse than console exclusives in my opinion, why not just make games nvidia or amd exclusive while we're at it.*

* Insert joke about amd's often shitty performance here

Absolutely.

Anno

The kill montages for DH2 are already getting out of control. Really can't wait to see what insane things people come up with. Throwing a grenade high in the air ahead of you while running from enemies then Far Reach pulling it to sling it back behind you into your pursuers is my favorite little touch so far.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Weird. I'd swear it was way more... I remember balking at the size.

Thanks for the correction, Jase.

Steam didn't split up pre-load data into 1GB chunks and delete them on-the-fly back then (that update came a little later, circa Arkham Knight), so you were probably thinking of the combined free space needed for the pre-load and decryption, in which case you were right, in a way. ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
NISA are going all in on Steam.

When I last talked with people from NISA (socially, I'm not in the industry and have no professional connections to it!), there was a keen awareness of the platform instability situation right now. Vita has limited US retail support but they have a dedicated fanbase there, and it's also a little more alive in Japan. The PS4 is coming online but isn't fully there yet in Japan. Switch could be promising but who knows. Steam is still not a Day One Megaton platform so much as it's a long tail worth investing in. Things are in flux and everyone wants to have a life preserver to weather the instability.

I do know that Birthdays: The Beginning (the new game by the creator of Harvest Moon) is a big bet for NISA on a new release title centered on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/525700/

So if you want more NISA, that's the one to support!

Tizoc

When I last talked with people from NISA (socially, I'm not in the industry and have no professional connections to it!), there was a keen awareness of the platform instability situation right now. Vita has limited US retail support but they have a dedicated fanbase there, and it's also a little more alive in Japan. The PS4 is coming online but isn't fully there yet in Japan. Switch could be promising but who knows. Steam is still not a Day One Megaton platform so much as it's a long tail worth investing in. Things are in flux and everyone wants to have a life preserver to weather the instability.

I do know that Birthdays: The Beginning (the new game by the creator of Harvest Moon) is a big bet for NISA on a new release title centered on Steam:

Yeah I am getting that day 1! It looks so cute! Wonder if Jawmuncher will make a giveaway of it too.

Grief.exe

Yeah I am getting that day 1! It looks so cute! Wonder if Jawmuncher will make a giveaway of it too.

Wait... Release date: March 7, 2017... I'm sure this was not known before. It was Early 2017.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Love Harvest Moon style games.

Lomax

Robert Bowling seems to be behind Gamepump. He started the Humble Monthly.

Built the monthly subscription service Humble Monthly and launched a dedicated publishing arm for it as the Head of Publishing focused on developing and launching subscriber exclusives. Obtained over 100,000 subscribers / $1.2 million a month in revenue within 5 months of launch.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/fourzerotwo

That's interesting on those humble monthly numbers because estimates based on activated keys were more in the 45-50k range. Just shows that a huge portion of keys don't get used (at least not immediately) which we already knew was true for most other bundles, so clearly the monthly isn't different in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom