• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | November 2016 - Rally to Restore Fear and/or Sanity in the Steam Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Urgh, y'all are a terrible influence. Gamepump is mine - though I paid via PayPal and thus have had not confirmation / mailing from them other than paypal's receipt

That moment where you realize that
inert cubes don't count towards your total blocks
:
FdsatRr.jpg

kagamin

To play early maybe?

Well then I have another question, do people seriously think Nintendo can't see that they're playing a game online that's not supposed to be out yet? Dunno how that kind of stuff works with review copies and all that jazz though.

Eila

Well then I have another question, do people seriously think Nintendo can't see that they're playing a game online that's not supposed to be out yet? Dunno how that kind of stuff works with review copies and all that jazz though.

I dunno about you but I see Nintendo as stone age still in regards of online gaming so maybe they did as well. I don't think they ever did this before, which is why there's a freakout.
But yeah, I'm sure they'd have been fine had they not gone online early.

Brief impressions of Even the Ocean. Lovely presentation, the movement mechanic seems to have good potential for puzzles. There is this weird niggling feeling that when you're running up an inclined hill you're moving slightly too sluggish. A little alarming for a 2D platformer. So much so that it makes me want to jump everywhere. Characters are introduced hastily. One key character is a very established archetype, hopefully there is a little more nuance there as the game develops. The world map has charm.

Looking forward to playing act ii tomorrow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wtf is Gamepump? Tried looking in gaming and saw nothing

Wok

It smells like the end of the world. Or everyone is rich except me.

Edit: It is the same on Steam. Quite expensive for DLC for an MMO which peaks at 400 concurrent players.

Ucchedavāda;224704623 said:
That moment where you realize that
inert cubes don't count towards your total blocks
:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Wtf is Gamepump? Tried looking in gaming and saw nothing

A new way to milk pump up Steam users. In a year, a quarter of my gaming expenses is accounted by subscriptions. It is the new trend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ESO weekend deal is live, got excited when I saw 67% but that's only on the normal edition, the gold (with 4 of the 5 dlc) is only 50%

Will probably still buy the gold tho, its a toss up between being a waste because ill never reach the dlc stuff or getting into it and then regreting not getting the gold.

Also its 70gigs fuck me

Edit: and Wok, the ultimate editiom of secret world which goes on sale all the time has the first 11 "issues" I believe.

Rhaknar

yea...im gonna have to leave that download overnight

I hope the game is okay for solo play.

Its very ok for solo in fact. Well the neta was, I can only assume it improved in the last 2 and half years.

A friend keeps pimping it hard.

So apparently you cannot 100% Ass Creed IV anymore because items are locked to community challenges which no longer happen.

Fuck this game. Uninstalled. The entire Kenway line are assholes.

I will get Rogue and Unity when they are sub $5.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ESO weekend deal is live, got excited when I saw 67% but that's only on the normal wdition, the gold (with 4 of the 5 dlc) is only 50%

Will probably still buy the gold tho, its a toss up between being a waste because ill never reach the dlc stuff or getting into it and then regreting not getting the gold.

Also its 70gigs fuck me

Edit: and Wok, the ultimate editiom of secret world which goes on sale all the time has the first 11 "issues" I believe.

The DLC included in the Gold Edition is definitely worth it, even for the extra $20.

Each DLC includes tons of story content, new equipment, new skill tress, new areas to explore. I've only played through the thieve's guild and most of the Orsinium DLC, but single player story content accounts for about 20-25 hours each, and more if you do the "daily quests" and all the side-content available.

Most importantly though, the DLC helps to "flesh out" the storyline of the game and give you more options for diversifying how you spend your time in Tamriel. Think of it like Skyrim (since that's basically what the DLC is roughly based on I believe). The base game itself is like the main story. The thieve's guild DLC is like the thieve's guild, dark brotherhood is like the dark brotherhood faction quests. Orsinium is like the companions quests, and the Imperial City one is like the Stormcloak/Imperial story lines.

Even though there is easily 100 hours worth of stuff to do in ESO's main game with hundreds (thousands?) of side quests to do, it's nice to step away from that any time you want and venture to a new place to do new quests and earn new skills and rewards that you can bring back to the main quest line when you're ready.

Also, the DLC are usually about $15-$20 each and the "Guilds and Glory" pack (upgrade from standard to gold) is $40 and everything has to be bought with in-game currency which only ever sees a 40% discount at best.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing a little HITMAN(TM) when I get bored of winning too easily in Civ 6, and man, that game is pretty good. Sending a dude to his death via a faulty ejector seat in like the 2nd mission is pretty awesome.

You can't mod it?

An easy victory is no easy victory at all.

I wanted to 100% it as a testament to my ability to suffer through shitty games. But the game was so shitty it cannot be legitimately 100%-ed. Therefore, it has surpassed shitty and is no longer worth my time.

I feel like buying a AAA. The Fallout 4 SP is getting murdered in reviews.

Rhaknar

Dat Jshack shill.

I had 21.88€ in my wallet, if I get to 24.99 with all these cards ill buy the gold.

Im at 22.75€ now, those 5 cents add up fast :3

Edit: 23.99, 8 pages of cards to go :p

Here's a Dirt 3 code from the Humble Bundle giveaway. Remember to redeeem it before 11/19/16

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirt 3: Complete Edition -- MB-7615D464C7E4AA30

Plus just playing the game with earn you enough in-game currency to buy a few more internally. Or at least it used to.

Edit: Australia vs. Valve has progressed somewhat. The ACCC, the consumer protection arm of the Aus. Government, wants to fine Valve AUD$3mil or about USD$2.25 mil for not having an advertised refund policy in the years 2011-2014. Prepare for another year of delays and AUD on the steam store is still a long ways away.

Rhaknar

Shack, I read you get 500 crowns (aka in game credit) for trying out the free weekend, should one do that before buying the game then, or is that more of a "new accounts get 500 crowns" thing?

Not the right place. But I think I may get an answer here.

I can't login to my Origin account, but not because I forgot my password or something like that. It's because of the two-step-verification.

I try to login and it says it will send a security code to my e-mail... but it never arrives.

And before anyone asks, I have double checked my e-mail and spam folder. And I have been trying since yesterday, nothing arrives!

Not sure what to do to fix this.

kulapik

And, after a two month ban, I'm back on GAF. Thought I'd give a little giveaway as an apology of sorts.
I actually just had these games around and wasn't sure what to do with them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for kulapik:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Rad Rodgers: World One -- MB-0561D7AC1D501E8C - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 34 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: 400 Days -- MB-BE6184C7070527ED - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.
Beyond Eyes -- MB-582622E9CDC29BBB - Taken by Kifimbo. 31 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-C6A1FAFF1FF504E6 - Taken by Tellaerin. 16 entrants total.
Rise of the Triad (2013) -- MB-2610C06A621FB576 - Taken by Mikurden. 8 entrants total.
The Walking Dead: Season 1 -- MB-B7601E9F1CE27668 - Taken by hooijdonk17. 6 entrants total.

t1479435129z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shack, I read you get 500 crowns (aka in game credit) for trying out the free weekend, should one do that before buying the game then, or is that more of a "new accounts get 500 crowns" thing?

I think it's a "new accounts get 500 crows" thing. If you haven't played since the beta you might still be eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom