• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Are new videogame adaptations planned or why did you post this in the Steam thread? :p

Well to be fair asides from moaning it's about the only semi cheery thing that might be said about Star Wars during this sale. All you had to do Disney was show a little charity...

Mr. Doop

Too bad I am already your friend and you didn't even know :(

5oicVBs.png

Oh well. We're friends and that's all that really matters.

Ezalc

New lightsaber looks dumb, soccerball R2 looks weird, and that one ship bike thing looks really similar to one of the racers from Oban Star Racers:

Snapshot_dvd_10.20_-2011.11.11_20.18.44-.jpg

jblank83

I thought it looked good.

It nails the visual aesthetic in a way Lucas failed to do, failed miserably, with the 2nd trilogy. The characters and story, the little of it we saw, looked good as well.

It might not equal the original trilogy but at least it doesn't look like the disaster the 2nd trilogy was.

Dr Dogg

Really? No one has picked up on how Star Wars is now copying from No More Heroes.
Henry Cooldown said:

anyone got one of these to do Steam In-Home Streaming?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NSHLVD2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I've got a Surface Pro, FiveElementNinja has a Surface Pro 3 and jim-jam-bongs has a Dell Venue Pro 8 and all of has posted a few brief streaming impressions. Some stuff works quite well just using touch but you definitely need a controller connected to make the most of streaming. Only things that might be a bit of a concern is the relative small screen size as well as the CPU itself is a little on the weak side and 1GB memory will be very tight. I'll probably post some more thorough impressions later on around Crimbo when I have some time to mess about but if you have a competent host computer streaming works a treat even on low powered ultrabooks and Windows tablets.

Nzyme32

That red laser sword is more danger to it's owner than to any enemy.

I like that it is more grounded than the prequels. I like the return to the similar rustic tech of the original trilogy. That lightsaber is.... interesting. I like football robot

wilflare

Really? No one has picked up on how Star Wars is now copying from No More Heroes.

I've got a Surface Pro, FiveElementNinja has a Surface Pro 3 and jim-jam-bongs has a Dell Venue Pro 8 and all of has posted a few brief streaming impressions. Some stuff works quite well just using touch but you definitely need a controller connected to make the most of streaming. Only thing that might be a bit of a concern is the relative small screen size. I'll probably post some more thorough impressions later on around Crimbo when I have some time to mess about but if you have a competent host computer streaming works a treat even on low powered ultrabooks and Windows tablets.

thanks man! the only reason I got that Windows 8.1 tablet is to... do Miracast and Steam IHS :/

my home network is pretty good I think (was able to stream to my MBP at the highest quality with no issue)

I can just connect my DS4 to the tablet and then miracast the tablet to the TV right?

Dr Dogg

thanks man! the only reason I got that Windows 8.1 tablet is to... do Miracast and Steam IHS :/

my home network is pretty good I think (was able to stream to my MBP at the highest quality with no issue)

I can just connect my DS4 to the tablet and then miracast the tablet to the TV right?

I have a really awful wireless router and I've not noticed too much in the way of problematic latency. Occasionally it will adjust the quality now and then and it's no where near the quality of my wired setup but more than acceptable to play something non competitive. No idea about Miracast though.

Should be fine. Just set it up as you would on your host PC and as long as it shows up as a 360 pad In Home Streaming should pick it up. Or do it the more ghetto way and connect your DS4 to the host and it will still work.

Having a quick scoot around the interwebs returns this YouTube vid of a chap using an Xbox One pad on a Stream 7 with some In Home Streaming footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LbWZEsGAh0

topyy

Friday Special Bundle 7
$1.99 for the first 24 hours

Jets'n'Guns Gold
Millionaire Manor
Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold Collector's Edition
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller - Season One
Selknam Defense
Lost Civilization
Ocean City Racing
Gold Rush Classic
The Last Door Season One
Power-Up
Face Noir
Platypus

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt even know there was a Blackguards 2 coming

also that indiegala is amazing

Khronico

Oh man... that teaser.... I'm actually really excited for a Star Wars thing. It's been years since that happened.

Ok well since the new Battlefront was announced.

No but still that teaser.

Tecl0n

"Tabled this motion is. Or is it?"

Really liked the teaser... considering that it's still more than a year away :( Oh well, at least Star Wars: Battlefront will be released first, right?

they have to capitalize on the hype, i say 3 weeks before the movie.

Turfster

A miracle!
Funstock digital has COD:Ghosts 80% off! #FUNFRIDAY
Weirdly, the rest of their cods are more along the classic activision 50% off

Alavard

I have idea. And I say all stuff could be implemented as DLC, since Steam can register multiple building for the same game. Just check Thief.

Yeah, The Witcher Enhanced Edition was another good example of a huge overhaul to the original game, and it was just done as an update, if I recall.

Jawmuncher

A miracle!
Funstock digital has COD:Ghosts 80% off! #FUNFRIDAY
Weirdly, the rest of their cods are more along the classic activision 50% off

Because no one like Ghosts apparently.
BUT I will say the SP was fun. I liked bits of the story especially near the end.

wilflare

I have a really awful wireless router and I've not noticed too much in the way of problematic latency. Occasionally it will adjust the quality now and then and it's no where near the quality of my wired setup but more than acceptable to play something non competitive. No idea about Miracast though.

Should be fine. Just set it up as you would on your host PC and as long as it shows up as a 360 pad In Home Streaming should pick it up. Or do it the more ghetto way and connect your DS4 to the host and it will still work.

Having a quick scoot around the interwebs returns this YouTube vid of a chap using an Xbox One pad on a Stream 7 with some In Home Streaming footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LbWZEsGAh0

thanks man! maybe I won't need to get a nVidia SHIELD now...
(upgrading to the 970GTX from my 280X too... no more weird artefacts I hope)

it's better to connect the DS4 to the tablet than to the host right? (I hope DS4Windows works fine with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom