• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, during PS2 age I never saw a GOTY.

The "GOTY" edition nowadays is basically a "bundle that contains all" release. Problem is, that not even that is working, you have "definitive" or "full" packs that are still missing bits.

The situation is a mixture of the "never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game" with that Monalisa picture showing the evolution of AAA gaming from full game+expansions to gimped full game and bits here and there as season passes and DLC.

PC games not so long ago (the full AAA ones) used to go for $40~$50. The price went up with those "digital deluxe" things for $60~$80 or even more at times, pre-order this, pre-order that, etc., etc.

Does anyone remember that Watch Dogs chart that shows basically no version of the game can have all the bits and parts?

Sometimes this is why I prefer indies: you buy the game, you get the whole thing. Sometimes an occasional expansion or DLC may come out but you at least feel like you want to reward the dev (Beat Hazard comes to my mind, I played the hell out of that game and gladly got the Shadow Ops expansion+Ultra).

Hmm, I think I missed the Killer is Dead deal. I hope that thing goes 66%/75% during the Winter sale.

I still don't have a clue how the funding works for Star Citizen. It always seems like buy a ride (well set of wings I guess) and get the game plus other stuff!

This particular package gets you the full game (single player campaign plus the MMO lite persistent universe), a starter ship and alpha/beta access.

Turfster

THE CLAW is taking over the rest of your body now?

No, I just met some disease carriers, or "children" as they are called, this week, making me sick as the proverbial dog.

if i keep doing discovery queues i will eventually fill up my wishlist after seeing every game on steam

then I will never have to look at sales lists and just go by my wishlist..

does this make sense?

It's what I did, in case anyone was wondering why my wishlist was suddenly 200 items long. =p
You pretty much have to put something either on your wishlist or the nope list with the current implementation of the discovery queue anyway, otherwise it keeps coming back.

Which one of you guys is Messiah on Steam?

DailyIndieGame has Truffle Saga for 1$ min, BTA for 2 keys
IndieGameStand is having a black friday sale, check DRM

Jawmuncher

The way I look at it is someone somewhere had that game as their GOTY. That's all it needs to count if you ask me.

Not like we see that many of them, and they aren't taking away from the other GOTYs available. They just do everyone a service if offering DLC with the game.

Dr Dogg

This particular package gets you the full game (single player campaign plus the MMO lite persistent universe), a starter ship and alpha/beta access.

Gotcha. And for the really lavish I take it you can buy a better ship or one more tricked out and such. Well regardless it seems to be working for RSI as it's pretty much a money printing machine at the moment.

They still haven't sent me the physical Citizens card.

Soooo Star Stateless Citizen?

The way I look at it is someone somewhere had that game as their GOTY. That's all it needs to count if you ask me.

Not like we see that many of them, and they aren't taking away from the other GOTYs available. They just do everyone a service if offering DLC with the game.

That reminds me over the reaction to Two Worlds II GOTY Velvet Edition where a lot of folks were asking if it did win any GOTY awards. And in fact it did from some completely no name blog. I think by now most folks are savy enough to know it's short hand for a collection of all content.

Tizoc

My first purchase on Nuuvem went smoothly =3
uSED my local CC to make the payment since it didn't convert the currency to $$

Next up Humblebundle then Stream...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I wonder if a GOTY version of Arkham Origins will ever come out: I bought both prior batman games piecemeal and always got screwed when a GOTY edition came out (it all evened out when Warner was nice enough to give the GOTY to every owner of the game, but still). Both the Game and DLC are super cheap on nuuvem (cheaper than a 75% steam sale will make them in the Brazilian Store).

I don't think it sold well enough to warrant a GOTY edition.

Nope. You get 6 months insurance with this package.

My backer tier has a lifetime insurance for the most regular ship. I wonder if that game will ever come out.

Majukun

are all the codes from nuuvem redeemable on an european steam account?
and if not..where can i see what games are safe to purchase and what would not work?

Tizoc

Aww wtf Nuuvem...it charged my brother's HSBC account, I specifically chose my CC card ugh.
Next time I'll just have credit stored in my paypal account if I use it next time XO

Yes, I know, just look at Borderlands 2 GOTY.
The fact is, developers are milking the market too much. And yes, even indie one.
Just some examples: Guacamelee new edition, that basically adds something in and there. Developer claimed he couldn't do this as update, but all we know it's possible. He milked the title, first by giving it for free with Playstation Plus, then putting it into a Tier 1 bundle. So, what is the way to realize some money from a basically dead (because when you put your title in a 1 dollar bundle, that ends the cycle of life of the game) title? Simply, release a new edition of the game, so you can sell it from scratch.

And this is exactly what is happening both in AAA industry and indie one.

Did Metro Last Light really needs a Redux version? No. Hell, even Metro 2033 doesn't need one (I know, the game looks much better now, I know).

The trend now is:

Release a game, possibly with pre-order dlcs > season pass > DLCS > Goty > Complete (in some cases, like Borderlands 2, you can buy both a Goty or a Complete pack) > remake/ new edition with something changed in and there (like Sleeping Dogs, when the new edition is worse then the old one, both on console and PC; or simply Dark Souls 2, adding a mere DX11 support patch).

No, but I'm pretty sure we will see a Arkham Trilogy HD remake on console, including Asylum, City, Origins plus all DLCs for PS4/One.

The indie trend now is:

Use Kickstarter to get people to pay before the game is done
Release on Early Access to get more people to pay before the game is done
Finish developing the game, you know, when you get around to it, maybe, or just rename Early Access full release

-80% above + -75% = 95% discount. Very good. :D
This ain't working sadly :(
Entered the -80% voucher code but the price stays the same.
fzK4TT6.png
When I enter credit the price changes instantly though.
Bummer. Would have made a nice gift.

ExoSoul

Banned
Yes, I know, just look at Borderlands 2 GOTY.
The fact is, developers are milking the market too much. And yes, even indie one.
Just some examples: Guacamelee new edition, that basically adds something in and there. Developer claimed he couldn't do this as update, but all we know it's possible. He milked the title, first by giving it for free with Playstation Plus, then putting it into a Tier 1 bundle. So, what is the way to realize some money from a basically dead (because when you put your title in a 1 dollar bundle, that ends the cycle of life of the game) title? Simply, release a new edition of the game, so you can sell it from scratch.

Guacamelee was a terrible pick for your rant, had you played the new version it would be visibly clear that it's not something that you can simply patch in.

Mh. Did more checking and it seems the -80% voucher for Enemy Within Playfire send out a couple week ago has an expiry date. End of October.

One mystery solved.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I keep missing blands pre sequel price mistakes lol

Sometimes that voucher box is finicky. After you paste the code, press enter in the text box so that the voucher button turns green. Then press the voucher button to activate it.

If it doesn't work, red text should show up saying "Unable to add voucher" or something like it.

I saw the gray voucher button and didn't see the red text in your screenshot, so maybe you still have a shot.

Edit: nvm, saw your post about the expiry date. that sucks xD

madjoki

You need to actually press add voucher. Might require removing last character if it stays disabled, like in image.

Edit: Beaten.

I keep missing blands pre sequel price mistakes lol

GOTY will be here soon enough.

Thanks chewie and madjoki. After pasting the voucher I now pressed enter and the add voucher button became green but the page auto-reloads and I get the message unable to add voucher.
The voucher apparently expired 31.10.

ExoSoul

Banned
You can patch it. You can mantein two subs in Steam, one for the retail game, one for the new version, unlocking it when the player buy the DLC.

They changed game mechanics, chest placement, story progression, upgrade paths, etc.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Wish I went to the castings they had down the road :(

Then again Lucas himself did a bloody good job of tarnishing my childhood memories so chances are J. J. Abrams will be two for two.
Say what you want about JJ, but in no universe would he make a worse sequel than Lucas.

I feel like we're going to get at least one new ridiculous lightsaber variant in each movie, each one more insane than the last.
At least having sword guard is much more practical than saber staff.

Accoun

No it's not.
Pretty much the most obscure Adrian Chmielarz game, maybe slightly more known than The Prince and The Coward.

Maybe among people I know (at least ones that play or have played on PC back then). And most of them remember The Prince And The Coward from their youth as well.
So, yeah. Sampling bias or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom